Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2023, 09:27 PM

19,204 posts, read 27,838,738 times

Advertisements

Just to sum up the last two days.
Ukraine got booted from NATO. BOOTED.
Zelensky was lowered. His prestige is below the shoeboard now.
The so much "we gonna show them all" for NATO summit final punch - simply didn't happen. What tells that - there is nothing to punch with. As it was rightfully said, that was the last chance for Ukraine to, actually, show at least something - to make a strong move during the last 2 days. With alleged brigades in reserve (never seen by anyone, though). Apparently, they don't exist or are simply not battle ready.
Funny, as a proof to what i said, even Johnboy here could not post any "peremoha" (victory) posts. Ominous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2023, 10:06 PM

1,200 posts, read 424,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
The so much "we gonna show them all" for NATO summit final punch - simply didn't happen. What tells that - there is nothing to punch with. As it was rightfully said, that was the last chance for Ukraine to, actually, show at least something - to make a strong move during the last 2 days. With alleged brigades in reserve (never seen by anyone, though). Apparently, they don't exist or are simply not battle ready.
Funny, as a proof to what i said, even Johnboy here could not post any "peremoha" (victory) posts. Ominous.

Sum up the last 2 day of NATO summit. Sweeden is getting admitted in to the NATO. Ukrainian pilots will be getting F16 in about 6 months. Many more weapons system will be given to the Ukraine. Putin learned that only friends that he has is with other communist countries such as Cuba and Belarus.

Old 07-13-2023, 02:38 AM

4,966 posts, read 2,746,709 times
update from the front...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NfxJmm8GPk

Old 07-13-2023, 03:56 AM

24,912 posts, read 9,659,350 times
Nothing like the good ol' Zelensky guilt-based diplomacy and tirade against NATO

Even the MSM is turning on him.
Quote:
Zelensky’s ‘guilt-based’ diplomacy leaves its mark on NATO summit
Quote:
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky launched an angry tirade on social media, calling NATO’s failure to give Ukraine a formal invitation or clear timeline for joining the alliance “absurd.†The outburst took some Western and NATO officials by surprise as their Ukrainian counterparts had long known that an immediate invitation would not come while the country was at war with Russian invaders. It threatened to upset the spirit of unity that NATO leaders hoped to convey as they gathered in Vilnius, Lithuania.
https://www.washingtonpost.com//worl...007b638b9ffd97

Just like a child, throwing a fit when they can't get what they want.

Old 07-13-2023, 03:58 AM

5,257 posts, read 3,844,132 times
For those who are too stubborn or dumb to have figured this out yet.

https://kunstler.com/cluster****-nat...ins-to-quiver/

Old 07-13-2023, 04:48 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,250,033 times
Quote:
1) Going west is losing everything. Going east gives chance to do something good and stay in business.
2) Huh? where and how? It's traders civilization. Why poke someone with money he made, it it's considered success? Anyone ever proved he stole them or embezzled something? Vovan was darn wrong, saying how many billions he made. So have you, actually, read the breakdown of those billions, posted?
3. I was not really talking about culture either. I'll use anecdote, as example. Once they asked a Jew: what will you do, if we gave you an apple? I'll eat eat. What will you do, if we gave you a bucket of apples? I'll eat one, take some for my family, will share the rest with my relatives. What will you do, if we gave you a railroad carriage of apples? Will eat one, take some for my family, sell some and share the rest with my relatives, so that they can sell too. Then they asked Ukrainian: what will you, if we gave you apple? Eat it. A bucket of apples? eat them. A train carriage full of apples? Oh, that's tough. Eat, not eat, but I'll bite every single one.
Actually, real joke from Ukraine. Capiche the character? Outside of cultural differences, there are pretty much genetic differences in the human nature between Russians and Ukrainians. Not appearance. Mentality.
1) If defeat is imminent, coming to an agreement with the West would be the best option to protect your business and your life. It's why Italy infamously changes sides nearly every major war. They want to be on the winning side.

2) Haven't you ever heard of war-profiteering? Corruption is neither theft nor embezzlement.

3) Everyone is selfish. It is human nature. Even the people who are seemingly benevolent are driven by selfishness. Either because it feels good, or because they want to go to heaven. The only thing that tempers our selfishness is love(eg love for family). But love is never unlimited. You cannot love the whole world.

And while governments have often tried to expand our love for our families into a love of country, at best we tolerate our governments because our families live here and because we don't perceive a viable alternative. The question as it relates to Ukraine/Russia is what are your countries actually fighting for? And how much are you willing to sacrifice to get it?

My view on Ukraine is that they are almost wholly driven by money. They blame Russia for them not being rich, and they believe that joining the EU means they'll become rich overnight. And while their anger towards Russia is real, if the EU told Ukraine point-blank that they will never join the EU, the war would end overnight because the dream of future prosperity(money) would evaporate. The only reason Ukraine wants to join the EU is for money, and the only reason the EU wants Ukraine to join is for resources and to weaken its geopolitical rival. It is not because Ukraine is white, or Christian, or has European values, or any other excuse.

Basically, Ukrainians aren't driven by a love of country(who could possibly love Ukraine?), they're driven by a love for themselves. The war is a means to that selfish end. Which is also why Ukraine wants to invade Crimea even though everyone there hates them. They want to control the Black Sea and all the natural resources because it means more money.

In any case, since the Ukrainians/Russians are driven by self-interest, if you want to carry out a coup, or a revolution, or whatever, you only need to appeal to their self-interest(give them a better alternative). Which would be even more attractive if material conditions became intolerable.

PS: There are millions of Russians right now who do not support this war and who would gladly "surrender" all Ukrainian territory and become a dependency of Europe/America. Why? Because they believe they would benefit. And there would be millions more who would "switch sides" if things got bad enough. I realize you and Erasure imagine yourself Russian patriots, but don't assume everyone is like you. Most of your countrymen are traitors, as are mine.

Old 07-13-2023, 04:58 AM

5,257 posts, read 3,844,132 times
You make way too many assumptions Red.

Old 07-13-2023, 06:05 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,049,428 times
Quote:
How would Ukraine get booted from NATO when they arent a part of NATO?

Old 07-13-2023, 06:58 AM

43,643 posts, read 18,696,973 times
Quote:
Zelensky started off strong with the rhetoric and then ended with a whimper of thanks because they will still continue to send him money. He knows well enough not to step over the line as you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Old 07-13-2023, 07:35 AM

19,204 posts, read 27,838,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
How would Ukraine get booted from NATO when they arent a part of NATO?
That's exactly how. They swore by all gods that they will be accepted. And got booted. Lowered, in other words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies