Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2023, 01:41 PM

7,706 posts, read 5,596,941 times

Advertisements

I have no words…
Quote:
We heard from a source in the Ukrainian government this was happening last year. "Hundreds" of prisoners of war had been returned, alive, but castrated.

We didn't report this at the time, as it was deemed it could add to the trauma the men had suffered.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/4...c-6e26d8c3ad9b (Paywall)
https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/statu...36975108587524
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2023, 01:41 PM

26,917 posts, read 22,802,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Russia is giving the war effort everything they can.

Absolutely not, and that's the main complaint that I see on Russian military channels.

A lot of people there are irritated that Kremlin still doesn't take this war seriously enough.

Quote:
That's why they are engaging in terrorism, atrocities, and economic blackmail using food and energy.
Their energy blackmail fell on its face. But food shortages are causing hardship on some of the countries that have been neutral or even voiced support for Russia.
The sanctions and isolation will not end when hostilities end. Russian assets will be used to rebuild Ukraine.
"Cool story bro" part deux.

In reality, from what I gather, the main reason why Russia is sticking to this "grain deal" as humiliating as it is, is because it helps them to inspect the vessels coming to Odessa port on a subject of military supplies.

And these inspections are organized with the help of the third party - i.e Turkey, that profits handsomely on these "grain deals" as well.

Old 06-17-2023, 02:46 PM

19,247 posts, read 27,909,590 times
Default Orekhov massacre

The massacre near Orekhovo - even experienced officers did not see this.

What happened today near Orekhovo was a Slaughter!!!

One gets the impression that the NATO members put the Kiev regime on a very "hard stretch".

Time is limited (NATO summit on July 11-12), goals have been set (victory in the Battle of Azov). The enemy (that is, we) is strong, but this should not become an obstacle to the implementation of the plans of Washington and London.

I received data on enemy losses near Orekhovo (without the right to publish). I think tomorrow or the day after tomorrow there will be new videos of damaged equipment that are terrible for the population of Ukraine. There is a lot of it there - dozens of units.

But the worst thing is not even that. The worst thing is the loss of personnel. The enemy could not even pull out the wounded from there.

And experienced officers (ours) are shocked by what they saw today. They have never seen such a massacre (according to them), and such a disregard for the life of their soldiers (on the part of the Armed Forces of Ukraine). And they said all this ... with respect for the courage of the enemy (soldiers, not command), capable of carrying out such an insane order.

P.S. It is unfortunate that just today, many hundreds of essentially Russian (even Ukrainian) guys have paid with their lives for British and American interests.

PP.S. And yes, ours have already restored their positions near Orekhov !!!

https://t.me/yurasumy/9332

Treaty with Ukraine - what does the announcement of its figures by Putin indicate?

Only one thing - it is no longer relevant. The Russian president always extends his hand to the enemy (a reasonable decision). But if it is rejected, the following conditions are only worse.

And if we add here the last statement about the "buffer zone" (https://t.me/yurasumy/9317) (and I also remember the President's conversation with the military corps in the Kremlin), then a coherent picture of future political decisions begins to emerge. Very disappointing for the West. Why not for Kyiv? Because in the context of these decisions, Kyiv must again become a Russian city.

https://t.me/yurasumy/9330

If you understand Russian, you should watch Putin’s video in the above post. In that video, he presents a treaty, signed by the Ukrainian delegation, which ratified that treaty. 18 pages plus addendum. Addendum - posted is snip from its page - has “demilitarization” plan on it down to a soldier and piece of military equipment. Per Putin, thereafter, Russia moved its forces away from Kyiv, followed by Ukraine tossing that treaty and going full force military action.
So yes, there’s that.
Attached Thumbnails
Ukraine War-screenshot-2023-06-17-133735.png  

Old 06-17-2023, 02:49 PM

19,247 posts, read 27,909,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Russia is giving the war effort everything they can. That's why they are engaging in terrorism, atrocities, and economic blackmail using food and energy.
Their energy blackmail fell on its face. But food shortages are causing hardship on some of the countries that have been neutral or even voiced support for Russia.
The sanctions and isolation will not end when hostilities end. Russian assets will be used to rebuild Ukraine.

Russia is ranked #2 military power in the world.
Ukraine was - have little doubt, remove all the NATO crutches, it will drop drastically - #15.

That is THIRTEEN ranks difference.
Please. Don't. Posting obvious nonsense does not add any weight to posts.

Old 06-17-2023, 02:54 PM

760 posts, read 517,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh be consistent here, show at least some presence of logic in you.

Why some Putin's "ministry of truth and facts" would be paying me for advertising someone like Prigozhin?

That's A, and B - if "Zhenya Prigs" were "my president," you bet he wouldn't launch this invasion in 2022.

He would have launched it back in 2014, in order to nip that US-sponsored Nazi state in the bud, right there and then.

And this would be the only right decision.

So Putin failed his mission back then, and all this death and destruction followed on both sides because of his failure to act in timely manner.

Now WHY he didn't act in timely manner, is a whole different story.
There's actually a field of study devoted to Soviet and pre/post-Soviet Russian propaganda. One characteristic of it is not just disinformation, but also an aim to foster doubt, in anything. Contrary messaging is part of this tactic.

Generally, the goal is for the recipient to become numb to it all entirely, to grow largely apathetic, throw their hands and declare themselves incompetent to form any opinion on the subject at hand....best let the "experts" handle it all.

As for 2014, yeh I'd have to agree 2014 would have been Russia's best chance to steal parts of Ukraine largely with impunity.

Old 06-17-2023, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
There's actually a field of study devoted to Soviet and pre/post-Soviet Russian propaganda. One characteristic of it is not just disinformation, but also an aim to foster doubt, in anything. Contrary messaging is part of this tactic.

Generally, the goal is for the recipient to become numb to it all entirely, to grow largely apathetic, throw their hands and declare themselves incompetent to form any opinion on the subject at hand....best let the "experts" handle it all.

This sounds to me more like a pseudo science - this kind of "study."

There was no "contrary messaging" in Soviet propaganda.
And if there was any, this most likely was coming because the propagandists didn't know themselves what to say, fearing the wrath of their next awaited leader)))

Quote:
As for 2014, yeh I'd have to agree 2014 would have been Russia's best chance to steal parts of Ukraine largely with impunity.

This wouldn't be about "stealing" since Russia has plenty of lands, but to keep Ukraine divided and safe from the Nazi and American manipulations.

Old 06-17-2023, 03:27 PM

760 posts, read 517,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
This sounds to me more like a pseudo science - this kind of "study."

There was no "contrary messaging" in Soviet propaganda.
And if there was any, this most likely was coming because the propagandists didn't know themselves what to say, fearing the wrath of their next awaited leader)))

This wouldn't be about "stealing" since Russia has plenty of lands, but to keep Ukraine divided and safe from the Nazi and American manipulations.
Oh oh, you forgot to add jewish manipulations to the list! You're slipping, Erasure. Or is that by intent, the contrary messaging thing? See now I'm unsure whether your handlers trained you well, or terribly. I'm a bit apathetic on that one, I'm no expert after all!

Old 06-17-2023, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G in MP View Post
Oh oh, you forgot to add jewish manipulations to the list! You're slipping, Erasure. Or is that by intent, the contrary messaging thing? See now I'm unsure whether your handlers trained you well, or terribly. I'm a bit apathetic on that one, I'm no expert after all!

Keep me out of it please))))

On another hand - Prigozhin is Jewish, isn't he?

So apparently I stand for Jewish manipulation of Russia ( and Ukraine while I am at that.)

Old 06-17-2023, 04:18 PM

25,791 posts, read 17,560,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Russia is ranked #2 military power in the world.
Ukraine was - have little doubt, remove all the NATO crutches, it will drop drastically - #15.

That is THIRTEEN ranks difference.
Please. Don't. Posting obvious nonsense does not add any weight to posts.
Russia is doing everything they can. They have no more army to add to the Ukrainian effort.
They have not been the second most powerful army in the world for decades. Did you think they were going to TELL everyone when they fell apart?....... Because they didn't. They just quietly became inept. The world was stunned when it was revealed in February of 2022; virtually no one knew the Russian army was that bad.

If they could actually compete in the top 20, the war would be over with Russia prevailing.
But to your point, Ukraine would, indeed, fail without assistance from USA, Canada, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Croatia, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Spain, Israel, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan and others.
But since it IS getting aid from USA, Canada, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Croatia, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Spain, Israel, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea and Japan and others and will continue to receive aid, I cannot imagine what your point is....

Come to think of it, even if the rankings were right, it becomes a moot point since they could not possibly fight off USA, Canada, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, France, UK, Belgium, Netherlands, Czech Republic, Croatia, Portugal, Greece, Italy, Spain, Israel, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, and Japan and others. Even if South Africa and Brazil, DO wish them well.

Old 06-17-2023, 07:02 PM

4,997 posts, read 2,769,214 times
Denys update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPxtelqUInk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies