Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 05:25 PM

29,987 posts, read 25,113,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
At whose "doorsteps" and why exactly?
Who is inducing this fake Ukrainian hysteria and why?

Russia has already made threatening statements and remarks towards Poland. Putin has hinted that he would like to take back all the land lost when the USSR collapsed. He operates as though all Slavic nations are fair game. Moldova is likely not safe and their airspace has already been violated by Russia. Russia doesn't have respect for the sovereignty of other nations, that much is clear. So no European nation can feel safe while Russia is on the offensive.

The only thing Ivan respects is brute force. So that is all they will get from the west.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2023, 05:28 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,792,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Yea...information from the Russians...the Ukrainians aren't saying a word. Your telling me that is enough information. Please.
Not only the Russians. And the Ukrainians would be crowing about their gains like they did during their September/October offensives. Of course they aren't saying a word - there's no good news to report. Please.

Old 06-09-2023, 05:43 PM

7,825 posts, read 2,755,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusinessManIT View Post
Not only the Russians. And the Ukrainians would be crowing about their gains like they did during their September/October offensives. Of course they aren't saying a word - there's no good news to report. Please.
They had radio silence in both Kharkiv and Kherson

Old 06-09-2023, 05:44 PM

26,883 posts, read 22,754,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Russia has already made threatening statements and remarks towards Poland.
And why do you think it happened?

Let me guess here; Poland was minding its own business and all of a sudden big bad Russia decided to attack it.

Sounds about right?

Quote:
Putin has hinted that he would like to take back all the land lost when the USSR collapsed.
Links please ( I need confirmation, not hear-say.)

Quote:
He operates as though all Slavic nations are fair game. Moldova is likely not safe and their airspace has already been violated by Russia.
1. Moldova is not a Slavic nation.
2. There is Russian peacekeeping force in Transnistria and a huge cache of Soviet weapons there, that Ukrainian army covets.

3. NATO is trying to absorb it all, including taking Moldova into EU, even though they never considered it possible before, since Moldova doesn't meet any of the requirements.

Now remove all these potential NATO threats, and Moldova is in no danger from Russia.

Quote:
Russia doesn't have respect for the sovereignty of other nations, that much is clear.
NATO is bent on hell to suffocate and to destroy Russia, that much is clear.

Quote:
So no European nation can feel safe while Russia is on the offensive.
"No European nation" you say?

Tell me where is the danger for Spain from Russia and why?
Where is the danger for Austria from Russia and why?
We can go down the list this way, instead of ascribing to Ukrainian hysteria and propaganda of general phrases "Russia is a threat to Europe."

Quote:
The only thing Ivan respects is brute force. So that is all they will get from the west.
The only thing Ivan respects at this point is honesty and not the slimy manipulations of the West a la "We don't mean any harm for you, we'll only organize color revolutions here and there, and place our military bases close to your borders. No harm done."

Old 06-09-2023, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Major View Post
I'm not sure boots on the ground is a logical move at this point. Such a move would be political suicide for the party that supports such a measure, though the Baltic nations and Poland seem eager. I say let them, but with no U.S. or NATO support. I'm tired of of these small nations trying to get us to commit men to fight their battles. If they're so scared of the Russians, then fight them on their own.

Well there you go.

Plus the Brits are all over the place over there for not understood by me reasons.

Old 06-09-2023, 05:52 PM

29,987 posts, read 25,113,555 times
Quote:
And why do you think it happened?

Let me guess here; Poland was minding its own business and all of a sudden big bad Russia decided to attack it.

Sounds about right?

It happened before, so of course it can happen again.

Quote:

NATO is bent on hell to suffocate and to destroy Russia, that much is clear.

And after Russia invaded Ukraine, many more people now think that is the appropriate action to take. In fact, distrust and disdain for Russia is one of the few things the establishment left and right agrees on in the USA.

Quote:

The only thing Ivan respects at this point is honesty and not the slimy manipulations of the West a la "We don't mean any harm for you, we'll only organize color revolutions here and there, and place our military bases close to your borders. No harm done."

LOL that's cute. Putin is the biggest liar out there. Even worse than Biden, since Biden simply can't remember the truth. Putin is also the greatest NATO salesman out there. If you view joining NATO is an act of aggression against Russia, than I guess you have to plan for a most hostile future.

Old 06-09-2023, 05:58 PM

5,125 posts, read 2,792,528 times
Quote:
Really? The big hullabaloo when the Russians left Kherson for example. It was trumpeted as a major Ukrainian victory. Any Ukrainian advance at that time was trumpeted by the Western news media as proof that the Ukrainians were winning. And here on City-Data as well in that time frame.

Old 06-09-2023, 06:14 PM

Quote:

The Azov ( or Kraken) are probably murdering people there right and left if they dare to say ( or do) anything contra to their propaganda.

I saw this post another day on TG channel and cussed Putin and Surkov yet again.

"Oleg Tzarev often writes obvious and correct things, evident to everyone. Which makes it even more surprising that they are not taken in consideration by those above. You know what I mean.
Once he told me a phrase that I will remember forever; "It's very difficult to be adjoined to the Russian Federation when the Russian Federation doesn't want it to happen."
Why am I saying this? Because back in 2014 here in Kharkov more than 100, 000 people were coming out for anti-Ukrainian rallies. More than in any other city of the so-called "Ukraine." Summarily more than it was in Crimea. This is not to poke the Crimeans, no offense. I am simply stating a fact.
Yet Crimea was adjoined to Russia, and what has been done to us, you already know. If you still don't, ask Surkov. He will explain to you about the "Minsk agreements that didn't have alternatives" and the rest. A-ha.
Do you still believe in Kharkov returning to its native harbor ( i.e. Russia)? Or the train is gone forever?"

https://t.me/superdolgov/9500

Old 06-09-2023, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It happened before, so of course it can happen again.
What "it" - be more specific, don't be shy please.

Quote:
And after Russia invaded Ukraine, many more people now think that is the appropriate action to take. In fact, distrust and disdain for Russia is one of the few things the establishment left and right agrees on in the USA.
Why am I not surprised to hear that "many more people" want to double down on something that's unattainable?

Luckily not all Americans are dumb as you would like to believe, and many posts here confirm it.

Quote:
LOL that's cute. Putin is the biggest liar out there.
Yes he is.

But this doesn't change the fact that NATO is a big liar too.

Quote:
Even worse than Biden, since Biden simply can't remember the truth.
And if he'd remember it all of a sudden, do you think this would make things any better?

Quote:
Putin is also the greatest NATO salesman out there.
Is it so?

How about Yeltsin?

Why did it need to expand back in 1999?
Or back in 2004?
What were exactly the reasons?

Quote:
If you view joining NATO is an act of aggression against Russia, than I guess you have to plan for a most hostile future.
No I believe it's a friendly gesture towards Russia, what else it could be?

Old 06-09-2023, 06:45 PM

4,980 posts, read 2,752,619 times
Denys update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQOAj4uz0Lo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies