Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 03:42 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,852,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
They've bled a lot of people in Bakhmut - more than they care to admit. But it's not like they haven't been warned by Pentagon to not to do it ( cling on to Bakhmut.)

But that was the whole idea behind the Bakhmut operation for Wagner - to destroy as many Ukrainian troops as possible.

So now Ukrainian troops need to fill their ranks, and not just receive more military ammo.

I don't know how they are going to go about it, but that's the main reason I assume why their offensive keeps on being delayed.
And many said the same thing about the Ukrainian forces, that they stayed in Bakhmut to bleed the Russian number of soldiers and to severely decrease their numbers.

It’s so hard to get accurate information from over there. But 1 thing is certain, Russia has a tremendous task ahead of them if they think they are going to keep taking Ukrainian lands and/or keep it. Russia will eventually lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2023, 03:59 PM

1,394 posts, read 493,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The dollar is a currency. BRICS is a trade group. Like G7.

There is no such thing as a "Brick" currency. The notion of Brazil, China, India Russia and South Africa trading exclusively with each other and not America or Europe is laughable.

Notice the usage of the word 'While' - a conjunctive phrasing of two different but similarly implicative ideas that serve to establish a particular point; in this case it's that more countries are shifting away from the West, both with respect to currencies for international trade and through the socioeconomic organisations they joining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Let me ask you this. If Ukraine had sent troops into Russia, for whatever reason, would it have been an invasion?
They could have disputed the veracity of their invasion on the basis of the Caroline test - but really? They're going to head off the one nation that's trying to do something about the shelling of the Donbass and the efforts of the colour revolution installed government to 'de Russify' Ukraine all while allowing 'defencive' NATO armaments to get placed within 300 miles of Moscow? The United Nations was nowhere to be seen in trying to maintain the ceasefire.

Old 05-22-2023, 04:43 PM

25,771 posts, read 17,526,317 times
The Ukrainian offensive has not started. They will start when they are ready.

The Russians are doing the best they can.
The Russians are losing.

Wagner Group are little more than pirates. These Russian soldiers are allowed to do as they wish; the death toll among Wagner members is not counted; Wagner soldiers are allowed to steal whatever they like. The only rules governing their behavior are the rules they make up themselves.

Old 05-22-2023, 04:51 PM

26,899 posts, read 22,771,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
1) The response by America/EU would have much more severe if Russia had done what you described. I don't think Russia could have survived complete collapse in 2014. I don't even think it can survive complete collapse in 2023. And the only reason it hasn't collapsed is because it spent eight years preparing.
There would have been no collapse, had Russia acted in a timely manner, if the government would have stopped lying to its population about the "independence from the West," about its fear of EU sanctions ( because that's what made Putin change his plans - he backtracked from his promise to help out the South-East, after the visit of Didier Burkhalter to Moscow.)

2023 became much riskier for Russia because of all that, in spite of all preparations.

And as far as the "new allies" go - you need to watch closer what China for example is doing at this point.

Some "ally" I'm telling you.

Other than that, Russians could switch the supply of energy to Asia back then already as well, and to avoid the whole drama with NS 2.

Quote:
2) America was never going to give up on the Ukraine project.
Probably not.
But it would have had much less cards to play with, without Crimea, Donbass and the Black Sea coast.

Quote:
It's been in the works since 1989. We have a Belarussian project as well, and a Kazakhstan project, and of course the entire Middle-East/Latin-America/Africa/Asia/etc.
I have no doubt of that.

Quote:
I don't think you appreciate why America wants to destroy your country.
And why exactly ( in your opinion) America wants to destroy Russia?
( On a side note - I am still not all that sure that Russia is truly "my country," as much as I think that the West is on the wrong side of this conflict.)

Quote:
1) I just appreciate his grand strategy, especially when it comes to information/propaganda. He is a weird mix of Brzezinski and Goebbels.

2) Arestovich is the exact opposite of me. I'm basically Ted Kaczynski. I just enjoy his Machiavellianism. His scheming reminds me of a modern Game of Thrones.
Have no idea. I just can't take him seriously enough, watching him/listening to him here and there.

He comes across as a lightweight to me, although entertaining enough.

Quote:
There has long been a split among American geostrategists on how to manage Russia and China. The Neocons(Jews) want to destroy Russia.
Are Clintons Jewish then?

Quote:
The Pat Buchanan/Trump wing wanted to ally with Russia against China. Pat Buchanan wrote many books discussing his belief that Russia is spiritually Western. That Russia belongs in the West.
But it's not. European - yes, of Christian cultural background - yes. Which makes it a natural ally of the West in any struggle with China or Islamic countries. But to say that it's truly "Western" - not really.

Because commerce and money never played the same role in Russia as they did in the West.

So Russia is a counterbalance to the West, if/when the West goes astray from its path.

Quote:
Pat Buchanan doesn't understand why the Neocons squandered every opportunity in the 90's by spitting in Russia's face, pushing NATO east, bombing Serbia, supporting separatists, and breaking all of our promises.
Precisely because the West ( and particularly the US) was already set on its "liberal" path, and Russia was the only potential competitor that could hinder that drive.

Let me remind you - everything thrives in competition, and there were two points that Russians figured out and implemented better than the US - and these are the minority and women's emancipation issues. So the more the time would have passed, the more problematic and burdensome these two issues would become for America, weakening her, while Russia ( had it be given an opportunity to stay its optimal course in the 90ies,) would only gain strength. That is not to say that Russia wouldn't have any other problems - it would, that's for sure. But not these two major ones.

And that's why it was imperative for the neocons to destroy it, to push it down the slope with the "ultra-right" conservative ideas ( that don't work for Russia,) while putting America on the "left path."

Quote:
America can only exist as long as it is the richest and most powerful country in the entire world. America is not a real country and democracy is easily manipulated by money. If America had the per-capita GDP of China and vice versa, no one would stay here.
Again - I don't believe so.

America has intelligent management ( at least used to,) that provides a lot of advantages to its citizens, which makes it a very attractive place to live, comparably to many other countries in this world ( China including.)

You apparently never lived in such places, but I can report to you my first hand experience that there is more to America than just "money," even though I am not exactly a good fit for US.

Quote:
The reason countries like China can be poor and not collapse, is A) Because they are real countries. And B) Because they are authoritarian.
Living in eternal semi-collapse state is an option too, you know. Yet another question that I have then, is how did America ever survive, before it was NOT the "center of the Universe?"

Quote:
The only way for America to survive a world where it isn't top dog would be for it to become an authoritarian state that can keep out foreign interference and forcefully assimilate its population.

This simply wouldn't be possible in the United States without destroying the country.
You know what I suspect though?

That it's not even America that is going to be majorly hit after these events.

But it's going to be your country.

( Nothing personal - I hope you can figure it out.)

If whatever happens was meant to happen, then it was Great Britain that was the ultimate target of destruction. The British monarchy that was ruling the world behind the scene for the last ... oh 500 years?
After all, America ( as much as Canada and Australia) are nothing but English offshoots too.
Can't answer you more questions at this point, sorry, because Great Britain is the country I know the least about.

But when Russians are fixing their gaze more and more on London and its role in this war, something is up. ( And it happens to be the place, where their own so-called "elite" likes to congregate so much, after they fleece their country ( Russia.)) So Ukrkoz was right, when he mentioned Great Britain lately, as a point of Russian attention.

So I'll wait for more developments, before I'll be able to confirm or disprove it.

Last edited by erasure; 05-22-2023 at 05:15 PM..

Old 05-22-2023, 06:02 PM

5,737 posts, read 2,212,249 times
Ukraine resorting to terror attacks since they can’t win on the battlefield. But lucky for them, they get to fly f-16s, get in those planes and do the wests bidding. We need this Biden administration to end asap, not a strategist or diplomat among them. When things go bad, they double down on stupid using my tax dollars to do it.

Old 05-22-2023, 06:07 PM

5,737 posts, read 2,212,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Not only that, but seeing the videos where Ukrainian military recruiters are dragging their kicking and screaming victims away from their families to throw them into the meat grinder, because Zelensky and his minions "might lose power" is outrageous.
There is also reports they have shot 10 of their conscripts retreating from Bahkmut, they are a horrible regime that obstructs truth even more than Russia does. We can see now why they were labeled the most corrupt country in Europe, they have sacrificed their army for the bidding and money of the west and they want us to believe they’re winning to keep the money flowing. Not a single western leader has the guts to tell them no.

Old 05-22-2023, 06:20 PM

4,656 posts, read 3,852,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Ukraine resorting to terror attacks since they can’t win on the battlefield. But lucky for them, they get to fly f-16s, get in those planes and do the wests bidding. We need this Biden administration to end asap, not a strategist or diplomat among them. When things go bad, they double down on stupid using my tax dollars to do it.
Right, you want the Biden admin to end so a Trump admin can be friends with Russia, allowing them to continue bullying their neighbors and invade former Soviet countries. What is the fascination with republicans and Russia?

Old 05-22-2023, 06:29 PM

26,899 posts, read 22,771,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
There is also reports they have shot 10 of their conscripts retreating from Bahkmut, they are a horrible regime that obstructs truth even more than Russia does. We can see now why they were labeled the most corrupt country in Europe, they have sacrificed their army for the bidding and money of the west and they want us to believe they’re winning to keep the money flowing. Not a single western leader has the guts to tell them no.

All is true.

While I am no fan of Putin, what I saw was going on in Ukraine since 2014, all these marching nazi gangs, people beaten to the pulp ( if they would dare to contradict their slogans or to stand on their way in any case,) while police was standing by and let it happen - yes it was much worse than Russia.
Not to mention their thuggish ways of cleaning the pockets of their citizens with all their "energy supply" schemes, where Ukrainians had to pay for the same Russian gas, which was called "European" now and costed 10 times more than before the "Revolution of dignity."

With that being said, as corrupt as Ukraine was, it definitely had more freedom in political sense of it before 2014 ( even a bit after that.)
So now I observe with a big pleasure how some Ukrainian politicians that moved to Russia, ( or broadcast for Russians) are showing them the way, where Russians are duped by their own authorities.

(This is actually what I was predicting and hoping for.

There are reasons why Putin was always afraid of integrating the Eastern Ukraine into Russia, until he had no choice already.)

Old 05-22-2023, 06:39 PM

8,985 posts, read 11,866,965 times
I was hoping I would not see a post by Russian bots for one day. Then someone responded to them. The lies are just too much for me.

Old 05-22-2023, 06:48 PM

13,877 posts, read 5,072,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Universe93B View Post
Right, you want the Biden admin to end so a Trump admin can be friends with Russia, allowing them to continue bullying their neighbors and invade former Soviet countries. What is the fascination with republicans and Russia?
It’s right wing authoritarians they love
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies