Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.57%
No 258 50.79%
Unsure 49 9.65%
Voters: 508. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2023, 05:17 PM

8,996 posts, read 11,888,558 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
https://www.aol.com/news/russian-mer...133138712.html
Russian source tells how Russian Wagner troops tell how they were ordered to kill everyone, men, women and children.

"...The mercenaries gave Gulagu.net explicit details about how Russian forces were ordered to go house by house in Bakhmut, killing anyone they found inside, civilian and military alike. “To kill everyone. Not to take anyone prisoner. We were told this by Prigozhin. Via video,” Uldarov claimed, adding that his forces carried out these orders ruthlessly.

“When I went into the basement, there were children there. And I was instructed not to release any. I was in command. Me and my group killed everyone. Then we all left. We didn’t let anyone out,” he said. “There were about 40 children there. I gave the command to kill everyone. It was a big house, nine floors. The whole basement was packed and mined. I made the decision to ‘zero’ everyone...."”

Prigozhin should be hunted down and executed just like Jewish groups hunt down the Nazis still today. The intercepted call is pretty terrifying, how the wife tries to justify her husband murdering children.

They don't even care about Russian lives. It makes sense that they care even less about the life of Ukrainians. But kidnapping and murdering children is too much. The EU and the UN did the right things by declaring Russia a terrorist state and making Putin a war criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 05:23 PM

26,926 posts, read 22,820,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
They don't even care about Russian lives. It makes sense that they care even less about the life of Ukrainians. But kidnapping and murdering children is too much. The EU and the UN did the right things by declaring Russia a terrorist state and making Putin a war criminal.

Of course that's too much of Ukrainian fakes, promoted with the help of the "Russian opposition."
By the way that woman that brought the bomb during the recent terrorist attack in St. Petersburg, working for Ukrainian Security Service, was associated with Navalny "anti-corruption fund."

Does Putin uses all these facts to his advantage?

You bet.

With a vengeance.

Last edited by erasure; 04-19-2023 at 05:34 PM..

Old 04-19-2023, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
or end this one..
I am going with this option too, given how many of Putin's fake red lines have been crossed already.

Alas, Ukraine was discouraged by ally partners from taking Putin out.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:46 PM
bu2

24,248 posts, read 15,084,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
Do you think Ukraine would still be standing if not for western intelligence and arms? And do you think Putin threw everything in his arsenal at Ukraine? It’s pretty obvious he underestimated the resistance the Ukrainians would mount and perhaps the amount of resources the US and NATO would deploy in the proxy war, but this ultimately ends with Ukraine making territorial concessions or battling to the last man and losing their entire country in the process. The world is changing. Global hegemony of the US dollar enforced by the US military is coming to an end. Or WW3 with AI powered weapons bringing about the apocalypse.
Or the Russian army collapsing and possibly Putin getting the Mussolini treatment.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:47 PM
bu2

24,248 posts, read 15,084,412 times
Quote:
Many of them may have been ethnic Russians.

Old 04-19-2023, 05:58 PM

Exposing Russian lies:

Putin went to Ukraine and provided two versions of the event.

Some American girl pretended to be from Donbass with a fake Russian accent.

She even doctored the leaked documents.

Tucker Carlson picked up the doctored versions of the leaked documents and aired it and made a fool of himself, not that he isn't one already.

https://youtu.be/8VkWw2l71dg

Old 04-19-2023, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
There is a saying, "People don't have ideologies. Ideologies have people."

What you fail to recognize is A) The power of propaganda. B) That "ideas" are tools used by the ambitious to gain power and maintain control.

Nationalism itself is nothing but myths created for the benefit of the state. This video is a great primer on many of the topics you and I have discussed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxmWfbXS4Pw

This one is great as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6xi8_7Fy6Y

OK, so now that I've listened to these videos, I have NO idea, what they were supposed to teach me about.

The only thing that I was kinda able to extract from the second one, is why the collective "Latin America" failed in... whatever comparably to... Europe? ( The guy just talks, talks, so it's difficult to understand what's his point.)
But to me, the Latin America falls into the category "not all Europeans are equal," and that's why colonies overtaken by Spaniards won't be equal/same as colonies overtaken by the Northern Europeans.

Because the Spaniards are not exactly known for their technological achievements/industrial revolution.

Neither their are known for their organizational/judicial systems.
( That's all Northern Europe again.)
What Spaniards/Portuguese are good for, is spreading Catholicism.

So there you have it - that's the kind of colonies they would run and that's the kind of countries you'd receive as the result of mixture between them ( Spaniards/Portuguese) and the locals.

As for the first video - all these philosophical dissections of the "East" of the Western powers - what good do they do yet again, when the "West" is the one that holds the keys of the technologies and science, the overwhelming majority of people that are capable of it hail from the Northern Europe ( predominantly white males,) so in the PRACTICAL sense there is not much the "East" can do about it, unless the "West" decides to share somehow these advancements, the ABCs of it with the "East," or rather to say with the part of the East that is capable of receiving it. Like, for example moving part of its know how to China, along with the factories.

But other than that, the "West" ( i.e. prediminantly the Northern European countries, and predominantly males) keep the controlling power in their hands, and there is not much the "East" could do about it so far.

Simply for a reason that math is a very "racist science" indeed ( very sexist too btw,) and people are either born with these abilities or not.

And as in case with gifted musician, you won't be able to talk about these inborn abilities, unless you will bring such thing as "God" into it.

But then, accordingly, this injustice of providing some with these math/tech abilities, ( that provide with advancement and power,) while depriving of them others, comes straight from god himself.

Quote:
In 1980, both Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush ran on a platform to increase immigration from Mexico. Ronald Reagan later granted Amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants. Both Reagan and Bush made the same basic argument, we need to increase immigration to better our relationship with Mexico. Reagan went further and said...

"The United States and our neighbors--particularly our neighbor to the south--should have a better understanding and a better relationship than we've ever had. They have a problem of 40% to 50% unemployment. Now this cannot continue without the possibility arising of Cuba stirring up trouble below the border. And we could have a very hostile and strange neighbor on our border. Why don't we work out some recognition of our mutual problems, make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit, and then, while they're working and earning here, they pay taxes here. And when they want to go back they can go back, and cross. And open the border both ways, by understanding their problems. This is the only safety valve they have right now, with that unemployment, that probably keeps the lid from blowing off."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsmgPp_nlok

As I said before, the United States has long been concerned that Mexico would ally with hostile powers, and our shared border could be used to destabilize the United States. This was not only the case during the Cold War, it was the most immediate reason America joined WWI. Germany sent the "Zimmerman telegram" to Mexico, offering to help them regain their lost territory.

There is nothing more dangerous to the United States than a powerful Mexico. The best long-term strategy to deal with Mexico is essentially a merger between the United States and Mexico. To make them so integrated economically, socially, and politically as to essentially become the same country.

Most of the American Southwest will be Majority Hispanic in another decade. In many major cities they already are the majority. Even rural areas and small towns are being taken over by Hispanics. Half of my city is basically Mexico. Nearly three million illegals came to the United States in 2022. On top of the 1.2 million legal immigrants.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...king-rcna53517

And immigrants have a much higher fertility rate than the native population and are also much younger than average.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ethnic-groups/

If you lived here you would understand what is happening. Whiteness is being erased and most white people are cheering it on. Anyone who speaks out is labeled a racist, fired from their jobs, charged with the equivalent of hate-crimes, while also being threatened and sometimes even physically attacked, after radical activists dox them and send mobs to their houses and workplaces.

Well yeah, but those were completely different times, when the US was still the industrial power, there were plenty of businesses ( both in industry, agriculture and hospitality areas,) that were craving the supply of labor, and that's what both Bush and Reagan were trying to assure American business with.

Nothing was shipped to China YET, so the Mexicans were that welcomed labor force, mutually beneficial for Mexico and the US alike.

Mexicans were "rotating" through the semi-open borders, making their money, then heading back home, where these money were worth much more than in US, and American businesses were counting their profits from cheaper cost of labor, be that hotels/restaurants/agriculture or meat packing factories, or any kind of other production factories. ( By the way some were sending their orders to be produced in Mexico too, as the subcontractors.)
And it all worked, until someone, somewhere decided to make even more profits on the cheap Chinese labor, and I suspect having some other long-term political schemes in mind.
THAT's when things drastically changed for the Mexicans in US, because it messed up a lot of internal arrangements - the distribution channels, the factory jobs, the prices, the salaries - you name it.

And that's how the Mexican labor turned from the beneficiary factor into the burdening factor for the US, and that's how the standards of living started falling down in Mexico as well I suspect, so many of them already wanting to stay in the US, instead of heading back home after making money in the US, as it was during Reagan's times.

Quote:
In the first place, it wasn't. In the second place, take anything written about WWII with a grain of salt. Hitler was pro-Russian, he just hated the Jews.

27 million of dead Soviets ( Russians and whoever) killed during the WWII beg you different. ( Only about 1,5 million or so of them were actually Jews.)

I do take a lot of things written in the West regarding the WWII with a grain of salt, however when I was growing up, the people that lived through that war to tell, were still around me, and I had the first-hand accounts, not to mention the crazy amount of books written on the WWII by Russians who lived through it.

Old 04-19-2023, 07:50 PM

4,999 posts, read 2,770,972 times
update from the front..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcIhH1Vmz8I

Old 04-19-2023, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Exposing Russian lies:

Putin went to Ukraine and provided two versions of the event.

What "two versions"?
Was he in Ukraine or not ( on whatever date)?
( I still didn't understand it, because the great investigator in this video talks too much and doesn't make things clear, while trying his best to "expose Russians."

Quote:
Some American girl pretended to be from Donbass with a fake Russian accent.

She even doctored the leaked documents.

Tucker Carlson picked up the doctored versions of the leaked documents and aired it and made a fool of himself, not that he isn't one already.

https://youtu.be/8VkWw2l71dg

I have NO idea who "Donbass Devushka" is.

Because there are literally gazillion of the Russian military channels on TG.

Now I see that "Donbass Devushka" has English version.
I specifically wouldn't trust a single English-speaking Russian military channel out there, because - who knows who is behind them, and what they peddle.

It's enough as it is that Ukrainians pretend to be "Russian channels" and trying to peddle THEIR crap.

So you constantly have to be on guard what channels you read ( and therefore what kind of info you get.)

And if Tucker Carlson didn't learn it yet - that's too bad.

Never the less, Ukrainian losses are staggering.

Whether it's seven to one - that I don't know for sure.

But the last figure I saw was 240,000 or so dead.

Bakhmut losses were particularly painful in this respect.

Old 04-19-2023, 08:30 PM

Chemical storage on fire in Russia.

https://youtu.be/pIlu7lDb6uM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies