Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2023, 09:21 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,761,018 times

Advertisements

ISW Update 5/2/23

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...ent-may-2-2023

Quote:
May 2, 2023 - Press ISW

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu claimed that the Russian defense industrial base (DIB) is increasing its production of precision missiles for use against Ukraine. Shoigu highlighted the state-owned Tactical Missiles Corporation as a model defense enterprise, stating that is successfully beginning mass production of missiles and will develop plans to double its current production output in the near term. Shoigu’s focus on precision missile production aligns with a shift in Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD)’s rhetoric focusing on Russia‘s use of precision missiles to strike military infrastructure targets in Ukrainian rear areas, likely aiming to similarly appear proactive and demonstrative positive Russian actions amid growing concerns in the Russian information space about a potential Ukrainian counteroffensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2023, 09:38 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,852,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Russia has never marched into Paris before, ever.
Learn history better. The Russian army marched in Paris after the defeat of Napoleon.

Old 05-02-2023, 11:41 PM

8,992 posts, read 11,880,169 times
Speaker McCarthy's response to Russian reporter about the Ukraine war:

Quote:
“I do not support what your country has done to Ukraine,” he said. “I do not support your killing of the children either. And I think for one standpoint, you should pull out and I don't think it's right and we will continue to support because the rest of the world sees it just as it is.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/spe...upport-ukraine

https://www.newsweek.com/mccarthy-sh...ne-aid-1797661

https://youtu.be/i14T6w4iQXY

Old 05-02-2023, 11:51 PM
bu2

24,241 posts, read 15,080,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0z1 View Post
Why not stay on topic instead of going after the poster? what about what they said is wrong?

do you really think there has never been a problem with neo nazis in Ukraine between the years of 2010 to today?
EVERYTHING he said was wrong. And I pointed it out specifically. Duh!

Old 05-03-2023, 03:53 AM

4,997 posts, read 2,769,214 times
Bakhmut update..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh7bzcxECf8

Old 05-03-2023, 05:39 AM

5,125 posts, read 2,801,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
I'll pretend, I have not noticed the wtf part, that's up to mods.

But yes, you apparently are uneducated on the history of that part of the world. And, how Russian soldiers marched in Berlin and Paris. Bistro is called bistro because of the Russian word "bystro", fast, as they will come to a Parisian dinery and ask for food bystro, bystro.
Maybe, just maybe, before insulting someone off your ignorance, educate yourself on the matters discussed.
And YES, there WILL be buffer zone, regardless of your opinion. And YES, if collective West will keep pushing east, Russian soldiers WILL march all the way to the World's End. That's of course, if you know, where THAT is.
Yes, certainly true about the history of Bistros. I was going to mention that but you beat me to it. And the rest of your analysis is on point.

Old 05-03-2023, 07:13 AM

3,289 posts, read 1,651,542 times
Drone attack on the flag on the top of the Kremlin?

https://twitter.com/francis_scarr/st...34878075142150

Old 05-03-2023, 07:22 AM

7,706 posts, read 5,596,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Actually, I think Russia will gradually become so weakened that NATO becomes uninterested in what they think or what their policies are. Sort of like Kazakhstan.

Then the US and Canada will withdraw from NATO and NATO itself will drift off into obscurity, having no one to quarrel with. But that is many years away in a world much less populated than the one today..
No, I don’t think so. I think a future battleground will be the Arctic. The Arctic nations are Canada, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Russia, Sweden, and the United States. In other words, 7 of the 8 Arctic nations are members of NATO. As Arctic ice continues to melt, it will become a more viable route for trade and for resource extraction.

CHINA

Report published in 2021: Northern expedition: China’s Arctic activities and ambitions

Some of the key findings of Report:

- “China seeks to become a “polar great power” but downplays this goal publicly.”

- “China describes the Arctic as one of the world’s “new strategic frontiers,” ripe for rivalry and extraction.”

- “Chinese military texts treat the Arctic as a zone of future military competition.“
”Although several externally facing Chinese texts downplay the risk of military competition in the Arctic, which would likely be harmful to Chinese goals, military texts take the opposite perspective. They note that, “the game of great powers” will “increasingly focus on the struggle over and control of global public spaces” like the Arctic and Antarctic and argue that China “cannot rule out the possibility of using force” in this coming “scramble for new strategic spaces.” Chinese diplomats describe the region as the “new commanding heights” for global military competition too while scholars suggest controlling it allows one to obtain the “three continents and two oceans’ geographical advantage” over the Northern Hemisphere.“
- “Chinese texts make clear that its investments in Arctic science are intended to buttress its Arctic influence and strategic position.”

RUSSIA

Article dated 2022: When hell freezes over: Russia’s Arctic ambitions

Quote:
Putin wants the Arctic.
Quote:
Russia has militarized the region, building as many as 50 defensive outposts from the Barents Sea to territories near Alaska. The Kola Peninsula, for instance, Russian land abutting Finland and Norway, is the most “nuclearized” place on the planet. The headquarters for Russia’s Northern Fleet are there, with two-thirds of Russia’s second-strike maritime nuclear capabilities. At the other end of its Arctic coastline are one-third of Russia’s nuclear-equipped warships and subs in Vladivostok, with a base near Alaska.
Quote:
Over the 20 years of the council’s (Arctic Council’s) existence, Moscow has made outrageous land claims and embarked on aggressive oil exploration in the region, encroaching regularly on territory owned by Canada and others.

Old 05-03-2023, 07:25 AM

4,657 posts, read 3,865,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
They forgot to mention on Yahoo four more civilians killed by Ukrainians in Bryansk region.
Just being as forgetful as they always are, innit?

Oh, you mean how you forget to mention civilians killed by Russia as they attack apartment complex after apartment complex and how the Russian military seems like a Class D force?

Perhaps they shouldn't have attacked a sovereign country on 2/24/2022.

Old 05-03-2023, 07:54 AM

15,665 posts, read 9,339,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Learn history better. The Russian army marched in Paris after the defeat of Napoleon.
Okay I stand corrected. That was after Napoleon invaded Russia and burned Moscow down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies