Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.72%
No 256 50.59%
Unsure 49 9.68%
Voters: 506. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2022, 01:17 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,760,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyaleWithCheese View Post
Who is they? Did the Ukrainian people vote on this? The people arent fighting for their existence, the current government is.

And the US doesnt help anyone.
Please...you are saying the Ukrainians don't support their own war?? You really believe that. And 155 mm Howitzers do help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2022, 01:19 PM

2,612 posts, read 944,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Please...you are saying the Ukrainians don't support their own war?? You really believe that. And 155 mm Howitzers do help.
I think they are angry with Russia for invading and want the Russian invaders dead. But I dont think that if they were to choose between living under Russian governance or having many of their people die and many of their towns destroyed that they would choose the latter.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:19 PM

7,706 posts, read 5,595,388 times
Quote:
Who is they? Did the Ukrainian people vote on this? The people arent fighting for their existence, the current government is.

And the US doesnt help anyone.
If your home and neighborhood is blown up and relatives, friends and neighbors killed, I think you might feel you might have to fight to stay alive.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:21 PM

1,723 posts, read 918,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
The democrat party/liberals are now the pro-war party. What happened to their peace and love hippy message?
Not surprising at all. It's all mind tricks. To turn any group into war supporters, you must simply project their fears or desires onto the current conflict or adversary. Basically, form some sort of attachment real or imagined. Afghanistan is a great example of these principles in action. How many news articles did you see and currently do about the Taliban being super mean to women, gays, and minorities. Perfect way to get left leaning support.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:22 PM

2,612 posts, read 944,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
If your home and neighborhood is blown up and relatives, friends and neighbors killed, I think you might feel you might have to fight to stay alive.
At that point, I would try to leave. However, I would hope that my country surrenders to the invader as long as the invader has a decent enough system of governance. You dont surrender to Nazi Germany but if you are in Ukraine you can surrender to Russia.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:27 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,855,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Most of Ukraine is not in war. People in Odessa are even tanning on the beaches...
Just like during the past 8 years, death is basically limited to east Ukraine... And it is the Ukraine's fault as they are attacking people in the Donbass, who of course are defending their homeland, jointly with Russia.

Old 06-23-2022, 01:31 PM

In my view there is only one solution: splitting Ukraine up.
Russian speakers and Ukrainian speakers hate each other and that won't change. There is no way Russian speakers will agree to live under a Ukrainian regime again. So, instead of a never-ending civil war, they might as well split the country up. Borders are not sacred.
Sudan also had a long civil war, and they finally split the country up to end it. So, now there are two Sudans, and the world keeps turning...

Old 06-23-2022, 01:50 PM

21,422 posts, read 7,519,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
In my view there is only one solution: splitting Ukraine up.
Russian speakers and Ukrainian speakers hate each other and that won't change. There is no way Russian speakers will agree to live under a Ukrainian regime again. So, instead of a never-ending civil war, they might as well split the country up. Borders are not sacred.
Sudan also had a long civil war, and they finally split the country up to end it. So, now there are two Sudans, and the world keeps turning...
Totally false.

Why do you people equate everything with hate? Where does that come from ... projection?

Zelenskyy himself is a Russian speaker and the Ukrainian army is chock full of them. Putin's agents went into Ukraine to foment and exploit unrest based upon the language difference, but discontent was never so widespread that such a generalized statement could be claimed and there never was persecution nor "Nazi" domination of the government. It's all a phony baloney propaganda campaign.

You are just repeating Glavset talking points. Putin wants to take at least half the country (plus install a puppet in the rump state) and is using this very same false excuse to try to justify it. You are repeating the nonsense word for word.

Old 06-23-2022, 02:02 PM

7,817 posts, read 2,760,195 times
Quote:
At that point, I would try to leave. However, I would hope that my country surrenders to the invader as long as the invader has a decent enough system of governance. You dont surrender to Nazi Germany but if you are in Ukraine you can surrender to Russia.
Seriously!!!

Old 06-23-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Totally false.

Why do you people equate everything with hate? Where does that come from ... projection?

Zelenskyy himself is a Russian speaker and the Ukrainian army is chock full of them. Putin's agents went into Ukraine to foment and exploit unrest based upon the language difference, but discontent was never so widespread that such a generalized statement could be claimed and there never was persecution nor "Nazi" domination of the government. It's all a phony baloney propaganda campaign.

You are just repeating Glavset talking points. Putin wants to take at least half the country (plus install a puppet in the rump state) and is using this very same false excuse to try to justify it. You are repeating the nonsense word for word.

Wrong, the hate was actually spread by Soros, who has donated school and other books to Ukraine since the 90's, whose content is anti-Russian, pro-Nazi and full of revisionism. The Ukrainians did not just wake up one day and say to themselves, let's hate Russians from now on. They have been indoctrinated for decades.

You don't have a clue. The whole government and military is poisoned with Nazi thought and deed. Has been the case for at least a decade, i.e. already before the coup. Funny you deny it when even Ukrainians openly and proudly admit it...

(The same thing is going on in Taiwan, by the way, massive revisionism and hate for the motherland being taught in schools etc.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies