Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.64%
No 257 50.69%
Unsure 49 9.66%
Voters: 507. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2023, 11:33 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,059,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Terrible images of mobilization in Ukraine keep on coming from the different cities of the South-East, where people are grabbed on the streets and forced into cars ( the last I saw - at the gun point.)

People that are forced to the front lines, are not just young people, the ones who are in their fifties, don't escape this fate as well.

All while the head of the Ukraine's National Security and Defense council, sent his sons of the draft age to Europe.

I don't know whether I am allowed to post the links to the videos here
Why wouldnt you be able to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2023, 11:36 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,025,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I see many Russian propaganda points lodged in there. Look...this is very simple....Putin Invaded Ukraine. Nobody put a gun to his head. Russia started this war. Period. And as a result they unleashed the hounds of hell.
Sure thing.. thats why you haev no counter argument.

The US started the war. Biden/Obama overthrew the government, Biden is on Camera threatening the president to withold funding unless his investigation ceased, Biden had his son on energy boards in Ukraine. Even though he was a drug addict at the time. Biden Again, returns back and throws the dice on a proxy war with Russia by not accepting original agreements that Ukraine remain a neutral state.

This was has neocon, and corruption all over it. Hopefully it gets all exposed to the fullest extent once Russia ends the non-sensical war. 110 billion for what? De-Stabilizing Europe? Destroying Ukraine?We get nothing in return.

If you have not learned anything from our embarassment Afghan withdrawl that emboldened Putin. You will certainly get the point once we lose this war in Ukraine.

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/w...ffer-security-

Old 01-23-2023, 11:37 AM

4,997 posts, read 2,770,972 times
well it looks like a couple of US rats got caught eating that 'free' Russian cheese..

Quote:
Former top FBI official Charles McGonigal arrested over ties to Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska

https://abcnews.go.com/US/former-fbi...ry?id=96609658

Old 01-23-2023, 11:37 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,025,091 times
Quote:
Terrible images of mobilization in Ukraine keep on coming from the different cities of the South-East, where people are grabbed on the streets and forced into cars ( the last I saw - at the gun point.)

People that are forced to the front lines, are not just young people, the ones who are in their fifties, don't escape this fate as well.

All while the head of the Ukraine's National Security and Defense council, sent his sons of the draft age to Europe.

I don't know whether I am allowed to post the links to the videos here.
Zelensky is a tyrant. He sends his secret police to arrest and execute anyone that dodges drafts. Thats why Putin bombed the secret police HQ in his last string of air strikes last month.

Old 01-23-2023, 11:47 AM

26,922 posts, read 22,820,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post

I see these videos on the Telegram channels, not on Youtube. ( I am pretty sure that Ukrainians that make these videos are risking their lives too.)

Another thing - once you don't comply with the narrative that "all Ukrainians are ready to fight Russia till their last breath" - you kinda automatically become the "Russian stooge" in the eyes of *some* people.

You become the "Russian propagandist" according to them.

Old 01-23-2023, 11:54 AM

5,206 posts, read 4,704,617 times
Quote:
I see these videos on the Telegram channels, not on Youtube. ( I am pretty sure that Ukrainians that make these videos are risking their lives too.)

Another thing - once you don't comply with the narrative that "all Ukrainians are ready to fight Russia till their last breath" - you kinda automatically become the "Russian stooge" in the eyes of *some* people.

The only narrative I follow is the truth. I have yet to see much of that from anyone posting pro Putin opinions on this thread.

Old 01-23-2023, 11:59 AM

5,222 posts, read 3,059,066 times
Quote:

And if you dont show complete support for Russia you become a "Western stooge" in the eyes of some people.

Old 01-23-2023, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Zelensky is a tyrant. He sends his secret police to arrest and execute anyone that dodges drafts. Thats why Putin bombed the secret police HQ in his last string of air strikes last month.

To be honest, I don't think that Ukrainian secret police arrest and execute anyone who dodges draft.

I still think that their primary purpose is to send as many people in the meat grinder as possible. They can always execute them already on the front lines, if this person refuses to fight or tries to defect to Russians.

But overall their Secret Service ( SBU) is something else - that I agree with.

Just looking in the case of some Ukrainian businessman, who participated in official negotiations with the Russians from Ukrainian side, and then was shot in the head in Kiev's downtown, execution style.
Now their government officials are saying "we thought he was a Russian spy, but it turned out he was not, it's just our two departments ( Police) and National Security department (?) didn't communicate in a timely manner."
Yet that man's dead body was on display for everyone to see, once he was shot.

Denis Kireev was his name.

Mind boggling.

Last edited by erasure; 01-23-2023 at 12:16 PM..

Old 01-23-2023, 12:03 PM
bu2

24,247 posts, read 15,084,412 times
Quote:
Maybe he forgets. The Southeast is controlled by Russia. And we know Russia is doing these sorts of things.

Old 01-23-2023, 12:04 PM

Quote:
And if you dont show complete support for Russia you become a "Western stooge" in the eyes of some people.

Absolutely.

It works both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies