Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 06:53 PM

927 posts, read 605,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If you are a New York resident, you can voice your opinion on these Communist wishes. Scroll down and you can choose each one.

Speak now or pack your bags before you are arrested.

https://twitter.com/NoahBoddyJr/stat...20365426937862
Looks like Dr Zhivago's reality is coming soon to a neighborhood near you!

Old 12-24-2021, 07:05 PM

3,394 posts, read 1,280,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Before an American child is 2 years old they receive vaccines for hepatitis B, rotavirus, diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, Haemophilus, pneumococcal disease, polio, flu, measles, mumps, rubella, chickenpox, and hepatitis A.

Are you upset that Americas children are forced to receive the 14 vaccines above?

https://www.healthline.com/health/va...edule#schedule

But I've never heard republicans complain about the laws that force children to receive 14 vaccines, instead republicans only complain about vaccine laws that enable them to attack democrats.

These republican posts are not honest or logical opposition to vaccine laws, instead they are political (and based on political lies, conspiracy theories, and illogical thinking.)
Look I got the vaxx voluntarily but I'm not getting boosters.
I was glad when my high risk grandparents got the vax.

But why do people like you want to lump all vaccines together ignoring how well they work,long term data etc ?

If someone has any questions about this brand new vax that wanes very quickly they're lumped in with lunatics who think they have microchips or are anti all vaccines
It's insane.

All vaccines are different.The covid vax isn't even close to anything else we've used so we should be able to have a rational discussion about the pros and cons of THIS vaccine without trying to lump it in with others.

Old 12-24-2021, 10:49 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,680,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnslaw View Post

But why do people like you want to lump all vaccines together ignoring how well they work,long term data etc ?
That was not my intent.

Quote:
All vaccines are different. The covid vax isn't even close to anything else we've used so we should be able to have a rational discussion about the pros and cons of THIS vaccine without trying to lump it in with others.
Your post and a forum thread search using "mRNA" inspired me to research when mRNA vaccines were first used.

In 1990 "A Naked" (or unprotected) lab-made mRNA was injected into the muscle of mice."

In 2001 "The first human clinical trial using ex vivo dendritic cells transfected with mRNA encoding tumor antigens (therapeutic cancer mRNA vaccine) was started"

"Clinical trial results of an mRNA vaccine directly injected into the body against cancer cells were reported in 2008."

"BioNTech in 2008 and Moderna in 2010 were founded to develop mRNA biotechnologies"

The first human clinical trials using an mRNA vaccine against an infectious agent (rabies) began in 2013. Over the next few years, clinical trials of mRNA vaccines for a number of other viruses were started. mRNA vaccines for human use have been studied for infectious agents such as influenza, Zika virus, cytomegalovirus, and Chikungunya virus."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRNA_v...Early_research
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRNA_vaccine#Development

Last edited by chad3; 12-24-2021 at 10:58 PM..

Old 12-24-2021, 10:59 PM

30,975 posts, read 21,839,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Makes me sick - can't wait to get out of this state!
Then move to Oklahoma. Not many people want to, so the cost of living will stay low. And the weather isn't always nightmarishly bad. The high here on Christmas Eve was 82.

Old 12-24-2021, 11:03 PM

3,394 posts, read 1,280,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
That was not my intent.

Your post and a forum thread search using "mRNA" inspired me to research when mRNA vaccines were first used.

In 1990 "A Naked" (or unprotected) lab-made mRNA was injected into the muscle of mice."

In 2001 "The first human clinical trial using ex vivo dendritic cells transfected with mRNA encoding tumor antigens (therapeutic cancer mRNA vaccine) was started"

"Clinical trial results of an mRNA vaccine directly injected into the body against cancer cells were reported in 2008."

"BioNTech in 2008 and Moderna in 2010 were founded to develop mRNA biotechnologies"

The first human clinical trials using an mRNA vaccine against an infectious agent (rabies) began in 2013. Over the next few years, clinical trials of mRNA vaccines for a number of other viruses were started. mRNA vaccines for human use have been studied for infectious agents such as influenza, Zika virus, cytomegalovirus, and Chikungunya virus."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRNA_v...Early_research
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRNA_vaccine#Development
It's the first vaccine of this kind used in the general population
It's not FDA approved
It was rushed
There is no long term data
People who are super low risk from covid are being forced to take it which makes zero sense
It's wanes after a few months unlike basically all of the mandated vaccines

I don't care about an mRNA vaccine used in some rabies trial on a tiny scale in 2013
We're not forcing that rabies vaccine on people

If something is to be mandated it should work for longer than a few months,we should know the long term effects and it should be mandated for people who are at high risk from what it's supposed to prevent.Some FDA approval so people could actually sue if he messed them up would be nice as well.How can something be legally mandated when you don't even have any recourse against the makers of it should something go horribly wrong?

Old 12-24-2021, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I'm LEAVING NYS over this CRAP!!!

I lost my CAREER for not COMPLYING.

NYS lost my TAX contributions because of this MADNESS!
Then move to Tulsa, OK. That city is so desperate to attract more people that it will pay you $10,000 to move there if you will agree to become a remote worker for one year. After three years of it, the bribery incentive is considered a better-than-expected success: https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/tu...home-top-story

If you prefer a much smaller Oklahoma town to live in, then Stillwater is offering a $5,000 incentive to any remote worker who buys a home within the Stillwater city limits, along with free coffee for a year (a $2k value) from Aspen Coffee in Fountain Square, and a free month of classes for adults and children including the uniform to get you started! The Stillwater Chamber of Commerce will also throw in gifts from local restaurants, stores, coffee shops, and more. The Philadelphia Orchestra and Bernadette Peters is scheduled to perform there in early 2022, so it's a better than usual small Oklahoma town to live in.

The Stillwater City Council chose not to reimpose a mask mandate or any other restrictions last summer, even though the local hospital's ICU ward became full again. Neither did Tulsa.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 12-24-2021 at 11:46 PM..

Old 12-24-2021, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Florida!!!

Not sure exactly where yet, but that's my plan.
Cost of living index in Orlando, FL - 104.1

Cost of living index in Tulsa, OK, which will offer you $10,000 to move there as a remote worker for one year: 83.2.

Of course, surely a good excuse to pass up Tulsa is, "I have no idea how to be a remote worker!"

Yet, though, Tulsa is just one of the as many as 44 cities that are so highly undesirable to live in that they are willing to bribe you to move there. Maybe a good idea to look at them first.

Last edited by StillwaterTownie; 12-25-2021 at 12:03 AM..

Old 12-25-2021, 12:02 AM

Something is very 'off' putting it feels like those scenarios people talk how we are all in an NPC world and some of us didn't 'pass over' to the good world or something like that. Gee. I wonder what we did so wrong to not be worthy?

Old 12-25-2021, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then move to Tulsa, OK. That city is so desperate to attract more people that it will pay you $10,000 to move there if you will agree to become a remote worker for one year. After three years of it, the bribery incentive is considered a better-than-expected success: https://tulsaworld.com/news/local/tu...home-top-story

If you prefer a much smaller Oklahoma town to live in, then Stillwater is offering a $5,000 incentive to any remote worker who buys a home within the Stillwater city limits, along with free coffee for a year (a $2k value) from Aspen Coffee in Fountain Square, and a free month of classes for adults and children including the uniform to get you started! The Stillwater Chamber of Commerce will also throw in gifts from local restaurants, stores, coffee shops, and more. The Philadelphia Orchestra and Bernadette Peters is scheduled to perform there in early 2022, so it's a better than usual small Oklahoma town to live in.

The Stillwater City Council chose not to reimpose a mask mandate or any other restrictions last summer, even though the local hospital's ICU ward became full again. Neither did Tulsa.
Isn't it full of heat/dust and alligators half of the year and extreme cold the other end due to where in the US it sits?

Old 12-25-2021, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Whoosh.
$ The boosters in the vaccine go 'whoosh whoosh whoosh'. $
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies