Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 12:54 PM

8,432 posts, read 4,607,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Vaccine mandates in America have existed for 100's of years.

1777: George Washington mandates smallpox vaccines for all his soldiers

1809: Massachusetts institutes the first vaccine mandate. This law authorized local boards of health to require smallpox vaccinations for those over 21.

1855: Massachusetts institutes the first school vaccine mandates. Today, all 50 states have vaccine mandates for children attending school

1867: The Urbana, Ohio, board of health passes a law requiring citizens to get available vaccines in the event of future epidemics

And there were similar mandates and events in 1905, 1922, 1944, 1977, 1987, and 2015.

https://stacker.com/stories/21994/hi...ne-mandates-us

All state mandates except the first one which wasn't even an American mandate since America didn't exist yet.

Also... These all involved actual vaccines.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:06 PM

12,066 posts, read 6,616,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
Florida!!!

Not sure exactly where yet, but that's my plan.
Good choice! Yay, DeSantis….

Old 12-23-2021, 01:07 PM

11,928 posts, read 5,894,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Vaccine mandates in America have existed for 100's of years.

1777: George Washington mandates smallpox vaccines for all his soldiers

1809: Massachusetts institutes the first vaccine mandate. This law authorized local boards of health to require smallpox vaccinations for those over 21.

1855: Massachusetts institutes the first school vaccine mandates. Today, all 50 states have vaccine mandates for children attending school

1867: The Urbana, Ohio, board of health passes a law requiring citizens to get available vaccines in the event of future epidemics

And there were similar mandates and events in 1905, 1922, 1944, 1977, 1987, and 2015.

https://stacker.com/stories/21994/hi...ne-mandates-us

You aren't new to CD so I know this has been told to you before - but I'll repeat it if you missed it. The Covid injection is not a vaccine. Vaccines are made from dead viruses - this is a man made substance which has not been fully tested nor do we know what side effects it may produce in the future.

Ever watch a medicine commercial? Please note the side effects that are run through at break neck speed. They know of these side effects because this medication has gone through the proper testing and these side effects may develop for anyone taking the medication. Please note - we have no long term study of what the mRNA vaccine may do to our bodies.

Since the latest mutation has the symptoms of the common cold and is not as dangerous as the previous versions which were still 98% survivable - there is no reason to mandate any vaccine. I never received a flu vaccine until I worked in the hospital and it was an option - not a requirement.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:11 PM

1,969 posts, read 679,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
All state mandates except the first one which wasn't even an American mandate since America didn't exist yet.

Also... These all involved actual vaccines.
And the producers weren't EXEMPT from legal liability.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:18 PM

8,887 posts, read 4,626,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
Well we know who would have cheered the Nazi's putting Jews on trains.
We do? Unless your are referring to yourself, this is just another clueless wasted post.

Comparing vaccinations to the Holocaust is an egregious insult to the 6 million or so victims. Being scared of a needle does not make you a victim. It makes you a coward.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:33 PM

1,969 posts, read 679,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
We do? Unless your are referring to yourself, this is just another clueless wasted post.

Comparing vaccinations to the Holocaust is an egregious insult to the 6 million or so victims. Being scared of a needle does not make you a victim. It makes you a coward.
This is coercion that violates the Nuremberg Code. There's nothing right about forcing people to take these jabs. Your strawman argument about being scared of drugs or anti-vax is nonsensical (especially when someone like me gets the flu shot and just got an antibody test days ago).

But you purpose here is just to use whatever shameful tactic works to browbeat everyone into making the same decision you made without thinking through it first.

Old 12-23-2021, 01:44 PM

20,316 posts, read 21,070,057 times
In a few years when we have mutant babies and people dropping dead from weird circumstances it will be known exclusively as “the Trump vaccine”.
Until then, it’s the “Biden silver bullet”.

Old 12-23-2021, 03:50 PM

8,586 posts, read 4,830,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
Bigger picture. You know, forrest-trees. Also see: Death by a thousand cuts.
True, but my struggle here is that for me, Rona is entirely decoupled from politics and I’ve not yet been able to think the way politicos do about it. For another, republicans have gotten so riled up over this that the Democrats will probably pass these for no other reason than because it’s such an easy avenue to tick off Republicans. Not much I can do about that other than to think how something like this would affect me on the ground and vote against it when I’m registered up there, just as I’ve tried to vote against some of the awful social agenda crap we’ve had down here in Texas.

Old 12-24-2021, 06:51 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,666,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
The Covid injection is not a vaccine. Vaccines are made from dead viruses - this is a man made substance.
vaccine- any preparation used as a preventive inoculation to confer immunity against a specific disease
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/vaccine

And medical groups like Harvard and the Mayo Clinic consider mRNA technology to be a vaccine.
https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/...-2020121021599
https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/art-20506465

And in the vaccine definition debate organizations like Forbes consider it to be a vaccine.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucele...h=47ff3ae25cec

The dictionary, medical professionals, and respected news organizations all consider it to be a vaccine.

Quote:
Ever watch a medicine commercial? Please note the side effects that are run through at break neck speed. They know of these side effects because this medication has gone through the proper testing and these side effects may develop for anyone taking the medication. Please note - we have no long term study of what the mRNA vaccine may do to our bodies.
The governments of every industrialized country and the medical experts connected to them all consider mRNA technology to be safe.

And most mRNA opposition is politics, not actual concern. The majority of the anti-mRNA crowd is not concerned about drug companies hiding clinical trials and then selling drugs they know will kill people, they are not concerned about many (substitutable) prescription drugs causing cancer, heart attacks, high cholesterol, suicide, and men to grow female breasts. Rather most of the anti-mRNA crowd is concerned about drug issues that can be used to attack democrats and liberal states (like this thread was intended to do.)

Quote:
there is no reason to mandate any vaccine.
Schools and childcare centers mandate that children receive certain vaccines. What would American life be like if there were no school vaccination mandates for Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, Chickenpox, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A, Haemophilus Influenza, and Pneumococcal?

Without required vaccinations our children would have the health of 16th century children in England.

https://vaccines.procon.org/state-by...-kindergarten/

On a personal note you made an excellent post, and I agree with you more than you would realize.

Chad.

Old 12-24-2021, 03:31 PM

19,041 posts, read 14,285,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Democratic Oppression right here. Vote GOP you idiots!
Ironically, that is only applicable to the democratic form of government.
If you wish to exercise your endowed rights, you have to withdraw from the democrazy and return to the republican form... you know ... the one where "all men" are created equal and have Creator endowed rights...

Of course, we're misled into consenting to be governed, and thus waive / surrender our endowment.

But participating in their indirect democrazy has its costs - and mandatory civic duties abrogate that endowment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies