Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2021, 12:36 PM

52,547 posts, read 53,126,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I'll criticize her for it. I don't mind being called a racist. What the hell does racist even mean these days. lol

I hope these criminals shoot each other and all the gang members. I woudln't even mind if they go rob Lightfoot's home.

People are getting killed at a fast rate but at least they can't complain their prisons are too full. Idiots is all I can say. I'm embarrassed we have such dem idiots running the country and states and cities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Sexist how? With the line between men and women being less pronounced every year, determined by Democrats, you can be what ever gender you want.
She's playing the Race / Gender card, I know it, she knows it, and everyone else knows it too. It's a joke that the media doesn't push back on her more.

People are getting killed and that scumbag is playing politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2021, 12:41 PM

63,917 posts, read 47,006,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
White reporters are the real threat.

---------------

This is despicable for her to do nothing. I don't know how black folk in Chicago tolerates this.
Tell us what the mayor should be doing that she is not? Be specific, please.

Be aware CPD cancelled all time off and mandated 12 hour shifts to maximize the number of patrols on the streets.

Be aware the shooters and victims tend to be known to each other.

Old 07-06-2021, 12:42 PM

63,917 posts, read 47,006,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
I'll criticize her for it. I don't mind being called a racist. What the hell does racist even mean these days. lol

I hope these criminals shoot each other and all the gang members. I woudln't even mind if they go rob Lightfoot's home.

People are getting killed at a fast rate but at least they can't complain their prisons are too full. Idiots is all I can say. I'm embarrassed we have such dem idiots running the country and states and cities.
Again, please tell us what the mayor should be doing that she is not. Be specific, please.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:08 PM

26,538 posts, read 13,393,968 times
Dems killing Dems means less Dems voting.

Sleepy Joe needs to amp up his voter importing machine along our Southern border to compensate.

Old 07-06-2021, 01:25 PM

7,559 posts, read 4,424,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Dems killing Dems means less Dems voting.

Sleepy Joe needs to amp up his voter importing machine along our Southern border to compensate.
I guess there is a bright side after all!!!

Old 07-06-2021, 01:52 PM

1,679 posts, read 1,803,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
Even though the victims (killed and wounded) are disproportionately black, you won’t see giant BLM protests over this sort of carnage in the black community in Chicago.

Perhaps deadly crimes and fatherlessness - by far the two greatest negative factors facing the black community in Chicago - are acceptable to the BLM types (and their media supporters).
Crime and fatherlessness reigns supreme in our community equally the same.

100 killed/injured in Chicago pale in comparison to the travesty provided by the hands of Europeans and European Americans...we're extremely dangerous to the planet.

Albeit-Neither should be marginalized.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:22 PM

6,994 posts, read 3,195,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBideon View Post

It goes on and on and on. Do your job Lori.
When she outright says and admits she believes 99.9% of the criticism aimed at her is because she is a Black,Lesbian, Woman, it pretty much taints every motive she presents.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:23 PM

45,994 posts, read 27,658,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Be aware CPD cancelled all time off and mandated 12 hour shifts to maximize the number of patrols on the streets.

Be aware the shooters and victims tend to be known to each other.

Move to a conceal carry environment. The gun control laws don't seem to prevent the bad people from getting guns.

Fix the education system so kids get a better education so they can have more constructive options when they get to working ages

Lower minimum wages so teens can go and learn to work

Meet with local artists to promote positive messaging in music instead of music destructive to cops, women, etc.

Get an effective strategy for drugs

Help the police do their job instead of defunding and dispiriting them. Get rid of the Stop Snitching program... reward community cooperation

Old 07-06-2021, 02:30 PM

52,547 posts, read 53,126,648 times
Quote:
Move to a conceal carry environment. The gun control laws don't seem to prevent the bad people from getting guns.

Fix the education system so kids get a better education so they can have more constructive options when they get to working ages

Meet with local artists to promote positive messaging in music instead of music destructive to cops, women, etc.

Help the police do their job instead of defunding and dispiriting them. Get rid of the Stop Snitching program... reward community cooperation
THis is all good stuff.

I'd add for her to travel to various cities that have a much better handle on these types of issues and see what they do, no shame in copying other agencies or cities.

Solve a problem with creative approaches. Don't drop the racist or sexist label when people challenge you would be another tip for ol Lightfoot.

Old 07-06-2021, 02:36 PM

6,994 posts, read 3,195,185 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
THis is all good stuff.

I'd add for her to travel to various cities that have a much better handle on these types of issues and see what they do, no shame in copying other agencies or cities.

Solve a problem with creative approaches. Don't drop the racist or sexist label when people challenge you would be another tip for ol Lightfoot.

I'd even add an unpopular approach like outright denouncing Thug culture.
Go ham on it.

Stress Family. Stress two parent households, father's sticking around.
Baby-momma's should not be celebrated.

Stress education, parent involvement.

Things calm down, you can get Police on board, having police actually be From the neighborhood may help bridge things.

Basically all the stuff that would get you labeled an Uncle Tom, or Aunt Tom in this case?
Stuff that'll get you cancelled,..lol.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies