Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 04:51 PM

24,256 posts, read 15,322,441 times

Advertisements

And September 1, Constitutional carry goes into effect. No permit needed, no gun safety class, nada, zilch. Anybody with the money to buy can carry any place that will permit armed entry.

I'm stocking the pantry to sequester more than during the pandemic. Just in case those who can't control their tempers are armed. What could happen? You think there might be more theft?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 06:33 PM

29,938 posts, read 14,986,672 times
Damn white supremacists....

Old 07-05-2021, 07:06 PM

23,820 posts, read 24,244,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
I'm stocking the pantry to sequester more than during the pandemic. Just in case those who can't control their tempers are armed. What could happen? You think there might be more theft?
I've heard this somewhere before....

Oh yeah. It's the repetitive chant from the anti-gun crowd, every time our rights are restored a little bit. Surprised you didn't mention "road rage."

In my experience, the only people who have that concern are people who aren't able to control their own tempers and other emotions. Don't think you'd be safe around other people, if you carried a gun? Please don't carry one. See? Everyone's safer now.

As for me, and most people who choose to take on the responsibility which comes with exercising that right, we're actually less likely to engage in any kind of situation which could escalate to the use of any kind of force when we're carrying a gun. Not more likely. Not equally likely. LESS likely. By a wide margin. It's not even close.

Go down to your local gun club or store or wherever they have people who know about guns in your area, and TALK TO THEM. Be sincere in your interest and ask thoughtful questions, and you'll get all the information you want, straight from the horse's mouth, and since it's not some random screen name on the internet, you might actually listen, too. I really mean that. Opinions are what they are, but don't base them on BS media-pushed stereotypes which don't exist in the real world.

Old 07-05-2021, 07:13 PM

14,267 posts, read 7,038,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
The break-in occurred in Texas. Do you seriously believe that this would happen or was this supposed to be an attempt at humor?

Anyway, I know posters here have already gotten scolded by even questioning whether the homeowner's guns were locked up or not, and I'm not here to blame the homeowners if their firearms were obtained legally and they were doing everything above board. The perpetrators who broke into and stole the homeowners' property are the ones who absolutely should be punished.

But, with that said, the fact is that having so many guns lying around does mean those are a targeted item for theft by criminals and that's a very common way for criminals to obtain guns that they then use in violent crimes. In fact, 70 percent of the firearms recovered in Mexico involved in a crime in which they are seized trace back to the United States, in part because we have so many darn guns in circulation here and these are obtained either because of how easy it is to get a gun in this country in various ways.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/gao-16-223.pdf

I know just from seeing the crime reports locally where I am, firearms are a very common item to be reported stolen during a home break-in. The homeowners have their property stolen and then their gun is out there with who knows who getting ready to do who knows what. The gun belongs to the law abiding citizen until it belongs to the violent criminal. And having so many guns in circulation and in so many homes just increases the odds that many of them are going to get into the wrong hands that way. It's an incontrovertible fact, like it or not.
Used to be they broke in to steal TV sets. And that was back when TVs weighed a ton.

Old 07-06-2021, 05:02 AM

24,256 posts, read 15,322,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I've heard this somewhere before....

Oh yeah. It's the repetitive chant from the anti-gun crowd, every time our rights are restored a little bit. Surprised you didn't mention "road rage."

In my experience, the only people who have that concern are people who aren't able to control their own tempers and other emotions. Don't think you'd be safe around other people, if you carried a gun? Please don't carry one. See? Everyone's safer now.

As for me, and most people who choose to take on the responsibility which comes with exercising that right, we're actually less likely to engage in any kind of situation which could escalate to the use of any kind of force when we're carrying a gun. Not more likely. Not equally likely. LESS likely. By a wide margin. It's not even close.

Go down to your local gun club or store or wherever they have people who know about guns in your area, and TALK TO THEM. Be sincere in your interest and ask thoughtful questions, and you'll get all the information you want, straight from the horse's mouth, and since it's not some random screen name on the internet, you might actually listen, too. I really mean that. Opinions are what they are, but don't base them on BS media-pushed stereotypes which don't exist in the real world.
No anti gun people in my house. Have 4 in the closet. And sent a shotgun off to NYC with DD. It's under her bed.

A kid driving to see her friends had a bullet go through her windshield 2 inches from her head the afternoon of the 4th. a mile from my house. It's the custom of some to fire into the air as a show of celebration.

My house had bullet holes in the siding, 2 of my neighbors had bullet holes on theirs, verified by the HCSO.

Between the hot heads and the to hell with fireworks lets fire our pistols crowd, some innocent bystander will be shot within a month.

Old 07-13-2021, 08:02 AM

17,522 posts, read 24,798,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How handy it is, that more and more illegal aliens (especially children and families) are crossing our border. They are completely overwhelming the Border Patrol and making them devote most (if not all) of their time to moving the illegals into housing arrangement, busing them from place to place, supervising the camps they're in etc. Leaves the Border Patrol little time to actually patrol the border, respond to citizens' problems, and chasing down illegals who burglarize houses.

Here's an idea: Maybe if the BP agents just go into the areas that have the most illegal aliens coming in and, instead of arresting or turning the illegals back, the BP can just go house to house, confiscating the guns of the law-abiding U.S. citizens so the illegals won't be able to steal them.

Problem solved. Why didn't we think of this earlier?

-----------------------------------

https://breaking911.com/illegal-alie...eal-guns-ammo/

Illegal Aliens Break Into Texas Ranch Home, Steal Guns & Ammo

By T. Grant Benson -July 1, 20210419

SIERRA BLANCA, Texas – United States Border Patrol agents encountered three illegal immigrants armed with firearms they had obtained after burglarizing a ranch house in Hudspeth County.

On Tuesday, agents in Sierra Blanca responded to a ranch house that had been burglarized where weapons were known to have been stolen and arrested three undocumented non-citizens. Upon search of the illegal immigrants, two loaded handguns, ammunition, food, and clothing were discovered.
They wouldn’t steal them in Mexico. Guns are illegal in Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies