Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 08:42 AM

10,734 posts, read 4,225,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
It seems like they need some help along the border that would limit the ability for Illegal Aliens to cross. Perhaps they should think about building something like a wall.
Walls are useless when they can just dig tunnels or pay a guard to let them through. Only way to stop this is to treat these people as foreign invaders/terrorists and then shoot them on site. This will deter others from coming over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 08:46 AM

10,734 posts, read 4,225,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
You mean along with a long list of other failures the federal govt is also incompetent at protecting borders and private property? Well alllll beeee
Federal government's duty is to obey the super elite and to protect their interests. They demand cheap labor because China is getting ready to raise their standards of living and this means that the corporations who moved there for the cheap labor and lack of red tape and regulations will be forced to move back to the USA, so that is why the federal government is prepping things for them.

Old 07-03-2021, 11:27 AM

63,533 posts, read 29,609,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Walls are useless when they can just dig tunnels or pay a guard to let them through. Only way to stop this is to treat these people as foreign invaders/terrorists and then shoot them on site. This will deter others from coming over.
Where's your proof that many if not most of them are paying guards to let them in? And no, Trump's walls can't be tunneled under. Walls are a huge deterrant and the good Trump ones on our border are 90% effective in deterring illegal entry. Complete them and we'd have illegal immigration way down.

Old 07-03-2021, 11:29 AM

63,533 posts, read 29,609,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
A Texas ranch home with no guard dogs????? Not buying it. Sounds like another false flag to me. Just saying, those people wouldn't have stood a chance on my ranch between the electric wire and guard dogs.
Even if this incident weren't true there have been many cases like it. Are you claiming that this doesn't happen at all?

Old 07-03-2021, 11:43 AM

2,047 posts, read 3,569,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
But I didn't get my answer. (I just didn't reference the criminals in my post because my question was about something else. I am glad the criminals were caught. )

I keep hearing about responsible gun owners, and anyone should legally be able to buy a gun. But crime happens with illegally obtained guns. So here is a case where we can assume the guns were purchased legally and then stolen. Shouldn't the guns have been locked up?
If your doors and windows are locked, why do you need to keep your guns locked up? Obviously if you have kids you need to have them secured somehow, but if you don't have kids there's no reason to lock them up. Best to have them placed around the house within easy reach in case you need access to one quickly. Especially if you live on a ranch near the border, with illegal aliens crossing your property all the time. Also, since the guns were stolen from the house they were obtained illegally by these criminals.

Old 07-03-2021, 03:34 PM

11,217 posts, read 10,804,686 times
Quote:
But I didn't get my answer. (I just didn't reference the criminals in my post because my question was about something else. I am glad the criminals were caught. )

I keep hearing about responsible gun owners, and anyone should legally be able to buy a gun. But crime happens with illegally obtained guns. So here is a case where we can assume the guns were purchased legally and then stolen. Shouldn't the guns have been locked up?
If the guns were inside the house that was broken into, they were locked up. But sure, ignore the fact that the criminals broke into private property and stole private property so that you can get a dig in at gun owners.

Old 07-03-2021, 04:11 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,620,477 times
too many guns uncared for easy ti steal maybe

Old 07-03-2021, 04:52 PM

17,660 posts, read 9,425,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Glad those illegal aliens were caught and arrested. At least it appears that the ranch owners weren't at home at the time otherwise they could have been harmed.

"Undocumented non-citizens"? The spin on the lawful term of "illegal aliens" gets more and more creative, doesn't it?
Arrested is not good enough. After these Illegal Alien Criminals are apprehended - the Sheriff’s office must contact ICE to take custody of them. ICE is not allowed to take custody without special permission and they rarely get thst permission, so the Sherriff must hold them with no resources in these small counties) or let them go.. ICE is now averaging ONE Arrest, every TWO MONTHS.

Texas sheriffs sue Biden administration over immigration policy barring deportations
Complaint alleges administration has enticed criminal immigrants to come into the US without fear of reprisal - July 2021

Four Texas sheriffs, their counties, and ICE representatives have sued President Biden and officials as the Department of Homeland Security for preventing federal officers from deporting illegal immigrants with criminal backgrounds.

Kinney, Edwards, McMullen and Hudspeth counties along with the Federal Police Foundation—which represents ICE officers – filed a complaint Thursday calling on the Biden administration to allow ICE officials to do their job.

The complaint alleges the decision by then-acting DHS Secretary David Pekoske on Jan. 20 temporarily paused deportations and enticed criminal immigrants to come into the U.S. without fear of reprisal.

"The ICE officers involved in this case are absolutely astounded at what their superiors are asking them to do: releasing people charged with rape of a child, releasing people charged with dealing drugs and resisting arrest," Kris Kobach, the former Kansas secretary of state and the lead attorney for the plaintiffs, told the Washington Examiner Friday. "These are really serious criminals, and ICE is being ordered by the political leadership of the Biden administration to turn them loose."

On Feb. 18, acting ICE Director Tae Johnson issued a memo directing ICE officials to hold off on taking illegal immigrants into custody without first getting the permission of ICE leadership.

The only instances when an illegal immigrant can be taken into custody otherwise is if they are a known or suspected terrorist, entered the country before the 2020 presidential election, have been convicted of an aggregated felony, or are part of a criminal gang, the Washington, D.C.-based publication noted.

ICE’s approximately 6,000 officers were reported to be averaging one arrest every two months. (Washington Post, “Biden administration reins in street-level enforcement by ICE as officials try to refocus agency mission,” May 25, 2021, available at https://archive.is/NeSHE#selection- 33.0-333.104). This compares to an average of 8,634 arrests per month by ICE in FY 2020. ICE Annual Report, FY 2020 at 5 (showing 103,603 administrative arrests for the year) (available at: https://www.ice.gov/doclib/news/library/reports/annual- report/iceReportFY2020.pdf). Court Filing

Bottom Line — We are either a Nation of Law and order , with Defined & Secure Borders

OR

We are not a Nation at all.

Which will it be? Choose wisely and consider the ramifications of choice. Are we a Nation? or Not?

Old 07-03-2021, 04:59 PM

37,955 posts, read 18,004,773 times
Quote:
I thought responsible gun owners kept their guns locked up. How did they get stolen so easily?
Adults look for the cause of the problem and don't blame the victim.

Old 07-03-2021, 05:00 PM

8,609 posts, read 2,338,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Glad those illegal aliens were caught and arrested. At least it appears that the ranch owners weren't at home at the time otherwise they could have been harmed.

"Undocumented non-citizens"? The spin on the lawful term of "illegal aliens" gets more and more creative, doesn't it?
that is the official CBP wording, courtesy of Mayorka and Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies