Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 11:27 AM

224 posts, read 209,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm sure that the poster you are replying to (whom I have on ignore) is an illegal alien sympathizer. She repeats herself over and over again. "Ain't no wall high enough, etc. etc." ad nauseum. Don't waste your time on fools like her with an agenda.
Sounds like some good advice regarding your post. ad nauseum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2021, 11:38 AM

224 posts, read 209,105 times
Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about in regards to the good walls that Trump erected as they are 90% effective in deterring illegal entry and they are also cost effective when you consider that illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year. Yeah, Biden is dong so much more for the American people....NOT!
You of course have source material regarding the 100 billion a year. Just like most other 45 lovers, just pick a number that serves your weak position.. Repeat repeat until even you believe it is true.

Last edited by Ole Texan; 07-05-2021 at 11:47 AM..

Old 07-05-2021, 01:11 PM

63,533 posts, read 29,609,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Texan View Post
You of course have source material regarding the 100 billion a year. Just like most other 45 lovers, just pick a number that serves your weak position.. Repeat repeat until even you believe it is true.
Yes I do. Besides what part of illegal is illegal don't you get? The bottom line is that it is a violation of our immigration laws to enter, work and reside in our country without authorization from our government or doesn't that matter to you?

https://www.fairus.org/issue/publica...ates-taxpayers

Old 07-05-2021, 01:14 PM

63,533 posts, read 29,609,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Texan View Post
Sounds like some good advice regarding your post. ad nauseum.
The truth is nauseous to you but that poster's constant lies, aren't? I guess you're also an illegal alien sympathizer just like her then? Got ethnic ties to them?

Old 07-05-2021, 03:24 PM

63,917 posts, read 47,020,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
Bull. Texas is looking to finish the wall.

You liberals will talk about all this stuff but you'll be against the FIRST defense which is STOP THEM FROM GETTING IN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

This isn't the 3rd reich where Texas can govern every single business in the state. There are tons of under the table employment deals going on that aren't on the government's radar.

The left has been part of the illegal immigration problem, not the solution, so stop acting like you give a damn about this.
The state has the authority to mandate eVerify. All that is necessary is for the legislate to agree to it. A handful of other states have done so, albeit form over substance by excusing employers of independent contractors- the lion’s share of undocumented workers.

All that is necessary is to focus on those sectors known for employing undocumented people in Texas, agriculture and construction.

So long as US businesses and people continue to employ undocumented people, they will come.

Florida has the third largest concentration of undocumented people, remarkable considering it does not share a land border with another country.

Old 07-05-2021, 03:31 PM

63,917 posts, read 47,020,937 times
Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about in regards to the good walls that Trump erected as they are 90% effective in deterring illegal entry and they are also cost effective when you consider that illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year. Yeah, Biden is dong so much more for the American people....NOT!
At the end of 2020, 140 miles of new wall had been erected. 100 miles replaced existing walls and barriers built in the latter half of the 2000’s. Only 40 miles of incremental new fence had been laid. Republicans controlled all three branches of government the first two years of Trump’s term.

I dunno. Maybe some of the Republicans expected Mexico to pay for it.

Old 07-05-2021, 03:54 PM

24,266 posts, read 15,335,241 times
Quote:
Yes I do. Besides what part of illegal is illegal don't you get? The bottom line is that it is a violation of our immigration laws to enter, work and reside in our country without authorization from our government or doesn't that matter to you?

https://www.fairus.org/issue/publica...ates-taxpayers
AM I on your ignore list? Hope someone will copy so you can see my question.

If my government will not fund or train law enforcement to catch red light runners and speeders, who is to blame ?

The person running the light because they know they will not get caught or the politicians for not funding law enforcement?

Or the speeding voters who do not demand better law enforcement because they also benefit from no law enforcement?

Or maybe just plain ol lazy and incompetent LEOs.

The result is the same if I get T-boned at a traffic signal.

Old 07-05-2021, 04:01 PM

17,522 posts, read 24,803,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How handy it is, that more and more illegal aliens (especially children and families) are crossing our border. They are completely overwhelming the Border Patrol and making them devote most (if not all) of their time to moving the illegals into housing arrangement, busing them from place to place, supervising the camps they're in etc. Leaves the Border Patrol little time to actually patrol the border, respond to citizens' problems, and chasing down illegals who burglarize houses.

Here's an idea: Maybe if the BP agents just go into the areas that have the most illegal aliens coming in and, instead of arresting or turning the illegals back, the BP can just go house to house, confiscating the guns of the law-abiding U.S. citizens so the illegals won't be able to steal them.

Problem solved. Why didn't we think of this earlier?

-----------------------------------

https://breaking911.com/illegal-alie...eal-guns-ammo/

Illegal Aliens Break Into Texas Ranch Home, Steal Guns & Ammo

By T. Grant Benson -July 1, 20210419

SIERRA BLANCA, Texas – United States Border Patrol agents encountered three illegal immigrants armed with firearms they had obtained after burglarizing a ranch house in Hudspeth County.

On Tuesday, agents in Sierra Blanca responded to a ranch house that had been burglarized where weapons were known to have been stolen and arrested three undocumented non-citizens. Upon search of the illegal immigrants, two loaded handguns, ammunition, food, and clothing were discovered.
What world do you live in? Guns are crossing the border daily, from north to south to be sold by Americans in Mexico. These three will get off easy in Texas rather than Mexico

Old 07-05-2021, 04:10 PM

24,266 posts, read 15,335,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
What world do you live in? Guns are crossing the border daily, from north to south to be sold by Americans in Mexico. These three will get off easy in Texas rather than Mexico
My daily paper informs me the new smuggling product is Chinese cigarettes. I was confused about the entry point. The article indicated the cigarettes were coming into the USA and headed south to South America. Very confusing but something to put on the radar.

Old 07-05-2021, 04:22 PM

6,269 posts, read 4,723,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
They will probably arrest the homeowners for not securing their weapons correctly.
The break-in occurred in Texas. Do you seriously believe that this would happen or was this supposed to be an attempt at humor?

Anyway, I know posters here have already gotten scolded by even questioning whether the homeowner's guns were locked up or not, and I'm not here to blame the homeowners if their firearms were obtained legally and they were doing everything above board. The perpetrators who broke into and stole the homeowners' property are the ones who absolutely should be punished.

But, with that said, the fact is that having so many guns lying around does mean those are a targeted item for theft by criminals and that's a very common way for criminals to obtain guns that they then use in violent crimes. In fact, 70 percent of the firearms recovered in Mexico involved in a crime in which they are seized trace back to the United States, in part because we have so many darn guns in circulation here and these are obtained either because of how easy it is to get a gun in this country in various ways.

https://www.gao.gov/assets/gao-16-223.pdf

I know just from seeing the crime reports locally where I am, firearms are a very common item to be reported stolen during a home break-in. The homeowners have their property stolen and then their gun is out there with who knows who getting ready to do who knows what. The gun belongs to the law abiding citizen until it belongs to the violent criminal. And having so many guns in circulation and in so many homes just increases the odds that many of them are going to get into the wrong hands that way. It's an incontrovertible fact, like it or not.

Last edited by Jowel; 07-05-2021 at 04:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies