Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2021, 07:08 PM

63,533 posts, read 29,609,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
There is no such thing as tunnel sensors unless they are actually in tunnels. This is why tunnels are underground because satellite feed nor infrared can see what is going underneath all of the dirt and bedrock.

And yes, I know people personally who have gotten across through these tunnels. I myself have crossed the borders and all I had to do was show an ID while friends of mine showed a fake one. They never even bothered to run it through a data base to see if it was legit or not. And you are forgetting, the CIA and FBI run everything and they don't work for you or me. If they want these illegals in here, they are coming in if you like it or not.
So in other words since walls, etc. aren't 100% effect in deterring illegal entry 90% effectiveness is useless? Come on, you know better than that! The idea is to deter as many as we can. That's why we have doors, locks and walls around our own properties. Surprised you didn't deflect to the visa over stayers. That's typical of you naysayers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2021, 10:57 PM

21,447 posts, read 20,080,932 times
Coyote Joe should be charged as an accomplice.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:34 AM

63,917 posts, read 47,020,937 times
No wall is high enough and no patrol deep enough so long as US businesses and people employ/ economically engage undocumented people without consequence.

Texas has the second largest population of undocumented people.

Texas could mandate eVerify of all employees and independent contractors and impose jaw dropping consequences on businesses and people who don’t comply.

Obviously the hands that feed the Texas legislate and Governor prefer the status quo.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:38 AM

8,949 posts, read 3,011,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No wall is high enough and no patrol deep enough so long as US businesses and people employ/ economically engage undocumented people without consequence.

Texas could mandate eVerify of all employees and independent contractors and impose jaw dropping consequences on businesses and people who don’t comply.

Obviously the hands that feed the Texas legislate and Governor prefer the status quo.
Bull. Texas is looking to finish the wall.

You liberals will talk about all this stuff but you'll be against the FIRST defense which is STOP THEM FROM GETTING IN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

This isn't the 3rd reich where Texas can govern every single business in the state. There are tons of under the table employment deals going on that aren't on the government's radar.

The left has been part of the illegal immigration problem, not the solution, so stop acting like you give a damn about this.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:43 AM

24,266 posts, read 15,335,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yeah, blame the victims without knowing the details. Never blame the law breaking illegals.
You know what?

I blame the congress of the United States of America. And every American citizen who gave a wink and a nod to all the known employers of illegals. To save a dime on a pound of chicken parts or getting a house a few thousand cheaper. My whole state knew for years the builders were using illegals and nobody did a damn thing. The politicians sure took the tainted money.

Now that the numbers are too big to ignore it's suddenly a problem. Anybody who knew basic arithmetic could have seen this day coming.

Isn't it odd those visa overstays cannot be found and deported. After all this time. SMH

Put armed troops on the border every 50 feet and let CBP locate and deport illegals.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:47 AM

45,473 posts, read 26,737,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post

Yeah sure all that's needed is another layer of regs and more failed bureaucracy, that'll fix everything.

And Businesses have enough on their plate that they dont need to be charged with enforcing immigration policy

Old 07-05-2021, 10:47 AM

24,266 posts, read 15,335,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post

You liberals will talk about all this stuff but you'll be against the FIRST defense which is STOP THEM FROM GETTING IN IN THE FIRST PLACE.

This isn't the 3rd reich where Texas can govern every single business in the state. There are tons of under the table employment deals going on that aren't on the government's radar.

The left has been part of the illegal immigration problem, not the solution, so stop acting like you give a damn about this.
DH worked for a company that got federal contracts. The contract stipulated only legal American citizens could do the work. DH hired somebody to check their papers. every day. DOn't tell me it can't be done.

Texas could have passed e verify but Bob Perry and the HEB owner stopped it. It's not too late. A new session starts soon. E Verify could be passed quicker than surveying for a wall. The state requires it for state contractors.

Old 07-05-2021, 10:58 AM

224 posts, read 209,105 times
Walls walls walls, oh if only 45 could have wasted a few billion more of our tax dollars....

Get over it, 45 did, he and his cronies are laughing all the way to their offshore accounts with your money.

45 did not give a sheet about you, only himself and what other rich people could do for him. The walls were one of many cash cows for your beloved 45.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post

I'm sure that the poster you are replying to (whom I have on ignore) is an illegal alien sympathizer. She repeats herself over and over again. "Ain't no wall high enough, etc. etc." ad nauseum. I don't know how many times I have told her that the good walls in place have been 90% effective in deterring illegal entry. Of course they aren't 100% effective but so what? That makes them useless? If Biden hadn't stopped the building of the wall we would have our border even under more control.

I also told her that it is the Democrats that won't pass a nationwide e-verify bill unless there is a massive amnesty attached to it of which she continues to ignore to plus the fact that not all illegals are coming here to work so ending the job incentive isn't the entire solution, thus the wall. She only wants to blame the Republicans for everything. Don't waste your time on fools like her with an agenda.

Old 07-05-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Texan View Post
Walls walls walls, oh if only 45 could have wasted a few billion more of our tax dollars....

Get over it, 45 did, he and his cronies are laughing all the way to their offshore accounts with your money.

45 did not give a sheet about you, only himself and what other rich people could do for him. The walls were one of many cash cows for your beloved 45.

You have no idea what you are talking about in regards to the good walls that Trump erected as they are 90% effective in deterring illegal entry and they are also cost effective when you consider that illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year. Yeah, Biden is dong so much more for the American people....NOT!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies