Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2021, 08:01 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,134,380 times

Advertisements

I was going to sarcastically say, "Well, there's your proof - we obviously need more gun control!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I thought responsible gun owners kept their guns locked up. How did they get stolen so easily?
But you beat me to it, and you weren't even being sarcastic. THAT is how stupidly predictable people are these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2021, 08:05 AM

5,632 posts, read 1,772,121 times
Quote:
I thought responsible gun owners kept their guns locked up. How did they get stolen so easily?
Do you blame rape victims for not keeping their legs crossed tight enough too?

Old 07-03-2021, 08:07 AM

6,389 posts, read 2,720,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How handy it is, that more and more illegal aliens (especially children and families) are crossing our border. They are completely overwhelming the Border Patrol and making them devote most (if not all) of their time to moving the illegals into housing arrangement, busing them from place to place, supervising the camps they're in etc. Leaves the Border Patrol little time to actually patrol the border, respond to citizens' problems, and chasing down illegals who burglarize houses.

Here's an idea: Maybe if the BP agents just go into the areas that have the most illegal aliens coming in and, instead of arresting or turning the illegals back, the BP can just go house to house, confiscating the guns of the law-abiding U.S. citizens so the illegals won't be able to steal them.

Problem solved. Why didn't we think of this earlier?
It seems like they need some help along the border that would limit the ability for Illegal Aliens to cross. Perhaps they should think about building something like a wall.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:07 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,969,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
When I first saw this thread one of the first things I thought was how long would it be before someone blamed the homeowners instead of the illegal aliens who broke into the Country and then the house.

Well, I guess I got my answer.
But I didn't get my answer. (I just didn't reference the criminals in my post because my question was about something else. I am glad the criminals were caught. )

I keep hearing about responsible gun owners, and anyone should legally be able to buy a gun. But crime happens with illegally obtained guns. So here is a case where we can assume the guns were purchased legally and then stolen. Shouldn't the guns have been locked up?

Old 07-03-2021, 08:09 AM

8,782 posts, read 5,077,447 times
It`s the home owners fault for having guns to begin with

Old 07-03-2021, 08:13 AM

23,747 posts, read 12,615,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
When I first saw this thread one of the first things I thought was how long would it be before someone blamed the homeowners instead of the illegal aliens who broke into the Country and then the house.

Well, I guess I got my answer.
I thought the same thing.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:17 AM

25,851 posts, read 18,870,148 times
Quote:
Sure, blame the victim. It's not a problem that someone who is not even supposed to be in the country breaks into somebody's house and robs them. That isn't their fault because the homeowner should be living in the equivalent of a fortress in order to prevent criminals from being criminals. If they don't prevent criminals from being criminals... then THEY are the criminals. (source: The Great Book of Leftist Logic, chapter 54, verse 15)

Old 07-03-2021, 08:17 AM

23,747 posts, read 12,615,055 times
Quote:
But I didn't get my answer. (I just didn't reference the criminals in my post because my question was about something else. I am glad the criminals were caught. )

I keep hearing about responsible gun owners, and anyone should legally be able to buy a gun. But crime happens with illegally obtained guns. So here is a case where we can assume the guns were purchased legally and then stolen. Shouldn't the guns have been locked up?
How do you know they weren't locked up?
Anyway, the doors on home were most likely locked, so in a sense the guns were locked up.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:19 AM

10,492 posts, read 4,061,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
How handy it is, that more and more illegal aliens (especially children and families) are crossing our border. They are completely overwhelming the Border Patrol and making them devote most (if not all) of their time to moving the illegals into housing arrangement, busing them from place to place, supervising the camps they're in etc. Leaves the Border Patrol little time to actually patrol the border, respond to citizens' problems, and chasing down illegals who burglarize houses.

Here's an idea: Maybe if the BP agents just go into the areas that have the most illegal aliens coming in and, instead of arresting or turning the illegals back, the BP can just go house to house, confiscating the guns of the law-abiding U.S. citizens so the illegals won't be able to steal them.

Problem solved. Why didn't we think of this earlier?

-----------------------------------

https://breaking911.com/illegal-alie...eal-guns-ammo/

Illegal Aliens Break Into Texas Ranch Home, Steal Guns & Ammo

By T. Grant Benson -July 1, 20210419

SIERRA BLANCA, Texas – United States Border Patrol agents encountered three illegal immigrants armed with firearms they had obtained after burglarizing a ranch house in Hudspeth County.

On Tuesday, agents in Sierra Blanca responded to a ranch house that had been burglarized where weapons were known to have been stolen and arrested three undocumented non-citizens. Upon search of the illegal immigrants, two loaded handguns, ammunition, food, and clothing were discovered.
A Texas ranch home with no guard dogs????? Not buying it. Sounds like another false flag to me. Just saying, those people wouldn't have stood a chance on my ranch between the electric wire and guard dogs.

Old 07-03-2021, 08:22 AM

45,248 posts, read 26,488,601 times
You mean along with a long list of other failures the federal govt is also incompetent at protecting borders and private property? Well alllll beeee
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies