Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2021, 09:11 AM

9,500 posts, read 2,957,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Working mothers who don't have the time or inclination to prepare a nutritious evening meal for their children so they take them to McDonald's, Burger King, Wendy's, etc where the kids gorge on cheeseburgers, fries and shakes.
I worked 5 in a half days a week and still cooked for my family, both my son and daughter in law prep meals for the week. Crockpots, instant pots, and outside grill are very helpful, make ahead casseroles .

Old 05-28-2021, 09:11 AM

7,986 posts, read 5,048,060 times
“Work from home” and sedentary white collar crap

People don’t move around enough anymore and most of the jobs are just sedentary white collar jobs where you sit on your fat rear end all day

The whole system of America today was DOOMED to fail from the beginning with the onset of all this technology

I prefer to stay blue collar because it will at least keep you healthy as you advance in age. Most people I see with countless medical issues are the ones that sit in a chair all day every day. The Human body wasn’t made a sedentary lifestyle 7 days a week

Old 05-28-2021, 09:12 AM

5,517 posts, read 2,443,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Soy and soybean oil in foods is horrible, read your ingredient labels carefully and avoid. Also avoid wheat like the plague, it is an appetite stimulant that causes all kinds of inflammatory responses un many people.
Eating a high fat diet also increases inflammation. Just sayin

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/31067015/

Inflammation is a hallmark of high calories.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:14 AM

331 posts, read 185,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
I worked 5 in a half days a week and still cooked for my family, both my son and daughter in law prep meals for the week. Crockpots, instant pots, and outside grill are very helpful, make ahead casseroles .
It takes me like 4 hours a week in the kitchen to prep a full week's worth of meals for myself. It would probably take only 1 or 2 hours more to do it for a family. It's really not that hard, and if you factor in time driving to restaurants, waiting in drive through lines, and the time spent to earn the money for gas and fast food costs, you come out ahead doing it at home too. I think fat people are just too addicted to bad food lol.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:15 AM

5,134 posts, read 3,409,484 times
This link contains also many comments, some refer to chemicals added by food industry.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskOldPeopl...ed_to_back_in/

Old 05-28-2021, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMBGBlueCanary View Post
While I think a lot of the reason is poor diet and lack of exercise, there might be a third factor as well. It's interesting that lab animals and other captive animals (whose diets are strictly measured and controlled) are also getting fatter even though their diets haven't changed in decades. Pets are getting fatter too as are wild/feral animals that live near humans. Scientists don't know why yet but they suspect environmental factors.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-face-obesity/

I lost weight during the pandemic, but gained all of it back in less than a month when I decided to switch diets (the old was was really restrictive and boring). After the weight gain, I decided to try intermittent fasting. Nothing yet as far as weight loss goes, but I know once the community pool opens I will lose weight. I swim every day I can in the summer in addition to my regular exercise and it always trims me down and gives me more definition.
Sounds like speculation and even they admit to merely speculating.

"Now, we don't know why these increases occurred, but it invites some very interesting speculation," Allison says.

I bet if you tracked the data you will just see they just ate in more of a caloric surplus.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:17 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,236,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel350z View Post
PS: It's not the carbs or sugar.

Courtesy Kevin Bass, MS

https://thedietwars.com/why-are-amer...=ReviveOldPost
It's because we tend to like instant results. We buy into fads. The person who does the "Atkins" or "Keto" thinks that they can eat all the bacon they want but they fail to recognize that even that has calories. They are too lazy to actually research the way of eating to realize they are to eat as many green veggies.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:18 AM

2,465 posts, read 1,598,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
But it would be racist to measure all ethnicities the same, so some would have more calories and others less.
I'm curious why you feel this way. A body would treat a calorie the same regardless of the ethnicity of the consumer.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerys52SoSilver View Post
This link contains also many comments, some refer to chemicals added by food industry.
https://www.reddit.com/r/AskOldPeopl...ed_to_back_in/
Yes, we eat more processed foods in bigger quantities than we did back then.

Old 05-28-2021, 09:24 AM

331 posts, read 185,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
I prefer to stay blue collar because it will at least keep you healthy as you advance in age.

My brother in law is 27 and his job is to load furniture from a warehouse into a truck and then delivers it around the city. He blew out his knee a few months ago which would take a few months to rehab properly but he only got like 2 days off. So he just kept working through it and now he has a horrible limp.

I work from home on a computer all day and I'm way healthier now than when I had to drive in to the office. Less time sitting in the car, and I used my savings from not commuting to buy a really nice ergonomic setup in my office. Also I can stand up and stretch whenever I want without having people look over my shoulder and remind me about deadlines lol. Also when I'm in long meetings that I only need to listen to and not talk I can walk around, stretch, do calisthenics, etc. In the office I had to sit there and pretend to be super interested.

So I think work from home reduces all the negative aspects of white collar work. People are fat because they want to be, end of story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies