Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 12:41 PM

6,421 posts, read 4,153,921 times

Advertisements

Nowadays, I keep seeing conservatives making the argument that anti sodmy laws did not matter because they were not enforced. Here is an example of a guy who got convicted under such law in Idaho back in the 90s and served 7 years in prison. And after he got out Montana fought tooth and nail to keep him on the sex offender registry for having consensual sex.

https://www.kpvi.com/news/national_n...d490406d6.html

Note that the age did not matter. They put him away for 7 years under the sodomy law of the state at the time.

As I have been saying for years, conservatives are the biggest hypocrites alive. They yell out personal freedom but for decades they fought tooth and nail to criminalize personal freedom of gay people.

All conservatives are disgustingly bigots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 12:46 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,552,029 times
Sodomy laws were ruled unconstitutional eighteen years ago by the Supreme Court. All fifty states recognize this.

Why on earth is your need for outrage so great that you are bringing up settled case law?

Jesus Christ. As a woman I couldn’t vote at one time. The law changed. I can vote now.

We’ve evolved as a country. Have you evolved as a human being?

Live in the now.

Old 05-14-2021, 12:47 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,140,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Nowadays, I keep seeing conservatives making the argument that anti sodmy laws did not matter because they were not enforced. Here is an example of a guy who got convicted under such law in Idaho back in the 90s and served 7 years in prison. And after he got out Montana fought tooth and nail to keep him on the sex offender registry for having consensual sex.

Note that the age did not matter. They put him away for 7 years under the sodomy law of the state at the time.

As I have been saying for years, conservatives are the biggest hypocrites alive. They yell out personal freedom but for decades they fought tooth and nail to criminalize personal freedom of gay people.

The law was changed, wasn't it?

Old 05-14-2021, 12:49 PM

9,549 posts, read 7,128,266 times
I have never fought “tooth and nail to criminalize personal freedoms of gay people”.

I’ve been busy living my own life, raising my children, and so forth.

In my free time I’ve been remodeling my house, with the help of my contractors (a gay couple); listening to music (George Michael is my favorite and as I’m sure you know he was gay); I used to love watching “American Idol” (Clay Aiken and Adam Lambert were my favorites) and “Glee” (Chris Colfer among others)....

I simply don’t care if anyone is gay or straight.

4,514 posts, read 2,553,615 times
Quote:

You are picking a 30 yr old case so you can condemn conservatives with a broad brush??
Who hired the 1st openly gay US diplomat and acting director of national intelligence? That would be a conservative...Trump.
You are a hypocrite, considering the cries of racism from your party, and then having your party call tim scott an oreo, and Uncle Tim.

21,380 posts, read 8,031,943 times
Quote:

Are all liberals pink haired, screeching, overweight, unmarried harpies?

Stereotype much?

Good grief.

Old 05-14-2021, 01:12 PM

1,301 posts, read 671,281 times
Well, considering the majority of homosexual men are infected with intestinal parasites and have high rates of HIV/AIDS, I can kind of see why sodomy laws exist. It's for their own benefit, you know, so they don't get sick & die!

In a controlled study 67.5% of 200 homosexual men but only 16% of 100 heterosexual men were found to be infected with intestinal parasites.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1704818/

Old 05-14-2021, 03:25 PM

6,421 posts, read 4,153,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Sodomy laws were ruled unconstitutional eighteen years ago by the Supreme Court. All fifty states recognize this.

Why on earth is your need for outrage so great that you are bringing up settled case law?

Jesus Christ. As a woman I couldn’t vote at one time. The law changed. I can vote now.

We’ve evolved as a country. Have you evolved as a human being?

Live in the now.
And you guys voted GWB, a champion of sodmy laws in Texas when he was governor there, into the white house. And now that we have won that argument, you guys are pretending like you never tried to imprison me.

Once evil always evil. And conservatives were once evil enough to throw people in prison for years for having consensual sex.

Old 05-14-2021, 03:32 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,552,029 times
Quote:
And you guys voted GWB, a champion of sodmy laws in Texas when he was governor there, into the white house. And now that we have won that argument, you guys are pretending like you never tried to imprison me.

Once evil always evil. And conservatives were once evil enough to throw people in prison for years for having consensual sex.
Oh spare me your thespian antics here. What are you - late 30's? 40? There hasn't been sodomy laws since you were in your late teens. Nobody wants to imprison you for being gay or for enjoying anal sex. In fact, did you know that straight people enjoy anal sex, too?

Get. Over. Yourself.

Old 05-14-2021, 03:54 PM

14,831 posts, read 7,466,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Nobody wants to imprison you for being gay or for enjoying anal sex.
Obviously a false statement. By my estimation, over 60 million American adults still want to do that.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1651/ga...an-rights.aspx (1/4 of adult population still believed that consensual gay sex should be illegal in 2020).

Though I understand why you might want to deny the bigotry that still exists regarding this issue on the right, as it's certainly not a good look.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies