Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 03:57 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Thanks for making me lose my appetite again OP. Why don’t you find a new subject?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2021, 04:26 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Nowadays, I keep seeing conservatives making the argument that anti sodmy laws did not matter because they were not enforced. Here is an example of a guy who got convicted under such law in Idaho back in the 90s and served 7 years in prison. And after he got out Montana fought tooth and nail to keep him on the sex offender registry for having consensual sex.

https://www.kpvi.com/news/national_n...d490406d6.html

Note that the age did not matter. They put him away for 7 years under the sodomy law of the state at the time.

As I have been saying for years, conservatives are the biggest hypocrites alive. They yell out personal freedom but for decades they fought tooth and nail to criminalize personal freedom of gay people.

All conservatives are disgustingly bigots.
Come on man, don't get your panties in a wad.

Old 05-14-2021, 08:59 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Thanks for making me lose my appetite again OP. Why don’t you find a new subject?
Because you guys want the world to forget how you fought tooth and nail to take people's personal freedom away.

All conservatives are bigots.

Old 05-14-2021, 09:02 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Because you guys want the world to forget how you fought tooth and nail to take people's personal freedom away.

How about when they fought the Civil War to free black people or supported the suffrage movement to help women with the right to vote? We’re they bigots then?

Old 05-14-2021, 09:25 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times
Unfortunately in this country, for almost every progress we have made around civil rights there was a person or person(s) who paid the price. Its sad it took till 2003 for the courts to decide that it is a private matter between two consenting adults.

Yes.. it is awful OP, I'm not sure why you bring it up.... since Sodomy laws have been ruled unconstitutional. it is a sad that we can't be more proactive as a country.

I followed yah... all the way up to "All conservatives are bigots". I'd say that is not true.

Old 05-14-2021, 10:26 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The law was changed, wasn't it?
Actually sodomy laws are still around today, although I think they are something different than they used to be.

Im not sure why keep the same name..'Sodomy laws'...seriously? ( I wonder if police and lawmakers know what that word means and where it originates?

Old 05-15-2021, 08:55 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
It would have been far more honest and forthright for you to just start a thread making this statement than digging through the past to find something to “open” with.

Anal sex has been legal pretty much your entire adult life. Same sex marriage has been legal for six years. We once had stupid laws that we have evolved from. You should evolve your mind too.

This is settled law now. Do you understand that? Done. Fini. There’s no need to carry on as if it isn’t.

Live. In. The. Now.

Old 05-15-2021, 09:14 AM

15,841 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Times change. Sometimes the laws take a while to catch up. Look how long it took for the brilliant Alan Turing to be pardoned, even though his work probably saved millions of lives.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:25 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,116,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
It would have been far more honest and forthright for you to just start a thread making this statement than digging through the past to find something to “open” with.

Anal sex has been legal pretty much your entire adult life. Same sex marriage has been legal for six years. We once had stupid laws that we have evolved from. You should evolve your mind too.

This is settled law now. Do you understand that? Done. Fini. There’s no need to carry on as if it isn’t.

Live. In. The. Now.
If I strike you with a hammer and then tell you move on live in the now how would you feel?

I get it. Putting gay people in prison for years for doing consensual personal things is no biggie to you conservatives.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:32 AM

1,301 posts, read 666,230 times
Quote:

Bigot = someone with high standards & values, who is disgusted by degenerate, wicked people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies