Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 10:51 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,751,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Are you unaware of the difference between “adult consensual sex” and “rape and sodomy of a minor”?

One is ok. One isn’t. Figure it out.
Yes, Im aware...its called RAPE...

why the need for a specific term to differentiate? Notice its still called 'SODOM-Y' too!(that is named after the Biblical city of Sodom)

Rape is Rape...if a man rapes another man, they charge him with rape (not Sodomy), but if a man rapes a female, he CAN be charged with Sodomy...? That doesnt make sense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2021, 10:54 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,550,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, Im aware...its called RAPE...

why the need for a specific term to differentiate? Notice its still called 'SODOM-Y' too!

Rape is Rape...if a man rapes another man, they charge him with rape (not Sodomy), but if a man rapes a female, he CAN be charged with Sodomy...? That doesnt make sense!
Rape isn't just "rape". There is a different term for every sex act. Intercourse. Sodomy. Copulation. If you rape someone against their will, you will be charged for every individual sex act committed against that person.

How do you not know this? I feel like I'm being trolled here.

Old 05-16-2021, 11:50 AM

20,394 posts, read 20,055,593 times
Face it op. Many people are repulsed by a guy wanting to wrangle another man's rump.

I know I am but unless a thread pops up I don't even think about it.

Nobody's stopping you so wrangle away with any consenting adult.

No need to tell the world about it.

Old 05-16-2021, 11:52 AM

30,975 posts, read 21,774,079 times
Quote:
Actually sodomy laws are still around today, although I think they are something different than they used to be.

Im not sure why keep the same name..'Sodomy laws'...seriously? ( I wonder if police and lawmakers know what that word means and where it originates?
And most Republican state legislatures would be vehemently opposed to repealing sodomy laws. They want to keep those laws on the books in case they might want to enforce them again in the future for political purposes. Any supreme court ruling against such laws wouldn't matter.

Old 05-16-2021, 11:53 AM

14,831 posts, read 7,464,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
There were and are good reasons for such laws.
So here we see an example of the person who still feels that gay sex should be criminalized.

Old 05-16-2021, 12:15 PM

315 posts, read 117,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Because you guys want the world to forget how you fought tooth and nail to take people's personal freedom away.

All conservatives are bigots.
You sound like a bigot and a mean spirited, hypocritical, low IQ individual. Gross.

Old 05-16-2021, 12:36 PM

3,975 posts, read 2,013,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Nowadays, I keep seeing conservatives making the argument that anti sodmy laws did not matter because they were not enforced. Here is an example of a guy who got convicted under such law in Idaho back in the 90s and served 7 years in prison. And after he got out Montana fought tooth and nail to keep him on the sex offender registry for having consensual sex.

https://www.kpvi.com/news/national_n...d490406d6.html

Note that the age did not matter. They put him away for 7 years under the sodomy law of the state at the time.

As I have been saying for years, conservatives are the biggest hypocrites alive. They yell out personal freedom but for decades they fought tooth and nail to criminalize personal freedom of gay people.

All conservatives are disgustingly bigots.

You have achieved your goal in getting some straight conservative men to argue for how awesome it is for gay liberal men to have all the legal butt secks they want, while you snicker up your sleeve a bit.

Brilliantly played sir, brilliantly played!

Old 05-16-2021, 12:55 PM

19,963 posts, read 12,252,700 times
OP, Randall Menges had sex with two minor (16 y/o boys) when he was a legal adult. Why do you leave that part out?

Old 05-16-2021, 02:46 PM

63,917 posts, read 46,971,140 times
Quote:
How can they still arrest people and charge them with Sodomy? I can post links to many people who had Sodomy charges in the 2000s.
In 2003, SCOTUS invalidated all state laws making sodomy between consenting adults a crime.

Nonetheless, there were subsequent instances where arrests were made in the occasional small town. Nothing came of it. More of a harassment thing.

Old 05-16-2021, 02:55 PM

10,714 posts, read 4,204,785 times
Quote:
Actually sodomy laws are still around today, although I think they are something different than they used to be.

Im not sure why keep the same name..'Sodomy laws'...seriously? ( I wonder if police and lawmakers know what that word means and where it originates?
I think they keep it around as a tool for prosecutors to be able to go after rapists. I guess in lament terms, a rape doesn't exist if it's not forced intercourse, so had to get creative to get scumbags behind bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies