Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2019, 08:14 AM

42,841 posts, read 26,253,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman99 View Post
Very possible he is a small part black...most on the street wouldn't say he is "black" though but probably "white" or "hispanic/mixed white". To get the exact percentage you need to do a 23andme type DNA test since percentages can actually vary a lot....lots of more detail on "Genealogy" board on here. You can get almost the exact percentage of all ethnicity from 23andme, etc. which is pretty incredible.
That's not true. There is NO guarantee that your DNA will break down the way that you are suggesting. Let's say that one of your parents is black and one is white. Your DNA will almost never show you as having 50% African and 50% European ancestry because your DNA profile contains information about your ancestors from tens of thousands of years ago. Race is a social construct, DNA does not determine your race because there is no "black gene", all it shows is that x% of your DNA is similar to the people of a certain region. And autosomal DNA gets passed on randomly. Your family tree, if properly researched and verified wil tell you much more about your ethnicity than a DNA analysis.

Old 12-07-2019, 08:15 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Never said that and you know it.

I said I wouldn't want someone like Zimmerman doing it. The guy has a demonstrated past with problems with anger issues. He obviously isn't stable. He's the kind of guy who makes all gun owners look like idiots.

I'll ask again. Would you want a man like Zimmerman on the neighborhood watch?

I have a black son... I absolutely wouldn't want a man like Zimmerman in my neighborhood let alone on the watch. Then again I also wouldn't live in a place with a HOA either.
I wouldn't want Zimmerman in my neighborhood at all, but that has nothing to do with there being zero evidence tgat he did anything illegal that night.

There is zero evidence he did anything but watch Martin while waiting for the police.

We are talking about that night.

Old 12-07-2019, 08:29 AM

Here is what it comes down to:

There is zero evidence proving who started the physical altercation. It could have been Zimmerman or Martin.

There is zero evidence showing either one of them did anything illegal that night.

There is zero evidence race had anything to do with what happened that night.

Both of them had their issues, and neither was a stellar example of a terrific person.

Zimmerman was not and should not have been found guilty of murder or any other crime that night.

There is no law against watching suspicious people while waiting for the cops and there is nothing wrong with doing so. There is no law against going to the store and nothing wrong with it.

Houses in the neighbor were being burglarized. There is zero evidence Martin did any of them.

Nothing Zimmerman said is contradicted by the evidence. Martin never had the opportunity to tell his side.

There were definite issues with the "girlfriend" witness to the point where none of her testimony has any value.

Everyone is entitled to have their opinion of what might have happened.

My OPINION is that Martin started the physical altercation, and Zimmerman shot in self defense. This doesn't make him a hero or a good guy.

Regardless, he was not legally guilty of the crime of murder.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:18 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Zimmerman deserves all the scorn he has received. He is a demonstrated liar, he has a history of anger issues, he has been arrested multiple times for domestic violence. The guy is a public menace.
Fine, he's a dangerous murderer who beat the rap. Happy ?

What do you think about the lawsuit ?

Old 12-07-2019, 09:32 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,656,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
That's not true. There is NO guarantee that your DNA will break down the way that you are suggesting. Let's say that one of your parents is black and one is white. Your DNA will almost never show you as having 50% African and 50% European ancestry because your DNA profile contains information about your ancestors from tens of thousands of years ago. Race is a social construct, DNA does not determine your race because there is no "black gene", all it shows is that x% of your DNA is similar to the people of a certain region. And autosomal DNA gets passed on randomly. Your family tree, if properly researched and verified wil tell you much more about your ethnicity than a DNA analysis.
What's not true? I'm saying that there is DNA variability between siblings (not a straight 50%) just as you are saying...agree with you. 23andme/ancestry aren't perfect, but pretty darn accurate and improving. Tons of info in Genealogy area on this forum as well.

Old 12-07-2019, 11:01 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I wouldn't want Zimmerman in my neighborhood at all, but that has nothing to do with there being zero evidence tgat he did anything illegal that night.

There is zero evidence he did anything but watch Martin while waiting for the police.

We are talking about that night.
Zimmie followed and killed the person that he followed and killed.

Martin figured it would be dangerous for a creep to follow him to where he lived.

Mister Rogers killed him.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Zimmie followed and killed the person that he followed and killed.

Martin figured it would be dangerous for a creep to follow him to where he lived.

Mister Rogers killed him.
Or he followed Martin and defended himself.

And yet Martin wasn't scared enough to call 911 or a parent.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:26 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,664,616 times
Quote:
Or he followed Martin and defended himself.

And yet Martin wasn't scared enough to call 911 or a parent.
Not everyone would do that - people are different

Old 12-07-2019, 01:54 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,736,857 times
Quote:
Zimmerman didn't lie.

Sure, he's a POS but the facts match his story.

Wait, were you talking about Trayvon's lying girlfriend who couldn't read "her own writing"?
You don't know if Zimmerman lied or not Pedro. No one knows now except Zimmerman, since he's the one who survived the encounter.

Perhaps what you mean to say is that you believe the version of events that Zimmerman told, and that you don't believe there was enough evidence to convict him of wrongdoing under Florida's criminal statutes all those years ago.

Old 12-07-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
You don't know if Zimmerman lied or not Pedro. No one knows now except Zimmerman, since he's the one who survived the encounter.

Perhaps what you mean to say is that you believe the version of events that Zimmerman told, and that you don't believe there was enough evidence to convict him of wrongdoing under Florida's criminal statutes all those years ago.
You are 100% correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies