Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2019, 04:14 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,385,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
You are incorrect. I said we do not know and posed an alternative to his story. He's proven himself to be quite the scumbag. Why you'd take his version of events at face value is beyond me.
Because other evidence conclusively proves that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. It has nothing to do with Zimmerman's version of events. The notion that Zimmerman would call the cops and THEN attack Trayvon knowing the cops would soon be there is so stupid it scares me that anyone could believe it.

And we have recordings of other 911 calls Zimmerman made to the cops in similar situations. He never attacked anybody; he was always really cautious.

Old 12-07-2019, 04:20 PM

Quote:
The media wanted to gin up a case about race. That is how he came to be called a 'White Hispanic'.
Well, there is more to it than that. The police report identified Zimmerman as white. So in the early going it was reasonable for the media to call him white. Later, though, it came out that he wasn't, so the New York Times -- for the first time ever -- referred to a person as a white Hispanic (despite the fact that Zimmerman also had black ancestry).

Old 12-07-2019, 04:43 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,583,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Because other evidence conclusively proves that Trayvon attacked Zimmerman. It has nothing to do with Zimmerman's version of events. The notion that Zimmerman would call the cops and THEN attack Trayvon knowing the cops would soon be there is so stupid it scares me that anyone could believe it.

And we have recordings of other 911 calls Zimmerman made to the cops in similar situations. He never attacked anybody; he was always really cautious.
That is incorrect. Nothing was 'conclusively proven'. And if Trayvon did attack, he may have done so because a freaking big scary man pointed a GD gun at him!

Old 12-07-2019, 05:02 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,889,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Fine, he's a dangerous murderer who beat the rap. Happy ?

What do you think about the lawsuit ?
Just what I said. He deserves all the scorn he receives and nothing else. His lawsuit is a joke on par with the many that abuse the legal system.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Or he followed Martin and defended himself.

And yet Martin wasn't scared enough to call 911 or a parent.
A young man who is 17? I wouldn't have. I would have confronted Zimmerman. Then again where I grew up I didn't have neighbors itching to shoot someone either.

Then again where I grew up the adult would have said something like "son are you lost? Do you need some help?" They wouldn't have followed me around like a damned thug.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
That is incorrect. Nothing was 'conclusively proven'. And if Trayvon did attack, he may have done so because a freaking big scary man pointed a GD gun at him!
No, it was conclusively proven. You just weren't paying attention.

Sure, Trayvon attacked a guy pointing a gun at him.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Point is, you made that scenario up based on literally nothing other than an irrational desire to justify the really stupid actions of a kid who attacked a stranger for looking at him.
Not looking, following. There is a difference and you know it. If your daughter was walking alone on a street at night and some guy was following her. Would you also call that looking? I wouldn't, I would call it what it is, stalking.

I am no Martin fan nor do I think that he was a choir boy. He obviously wasn't. I will however defend his right to walk down the street without having to put up with someone following him. Zimmerman singled him out and pursued against 911 advice.

We don't know what really happened. Did Martin lay in wait and ambush his pursuer? No evidence to support that, but it is possible. I m might have done that depending how threatened I felt.

Did Martin confront Zimmerman and call him a creepy ass cracker? If he did he was justified. In doing that did Zimmerman lose his temper which he was prone to do and maybe drop a racist slur? He had in the past and has done it since the shooting. I think that is possible and believable. What isn't at all believable is Zimmerman's story.

He is pretty much broke and is suing in hopes of getting a sympathetic jury. Not an unreasonable gamble given the deep pockets mentality juries we generate in this country.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:21 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,384,538 times
Quote:

It was never proven at all. Stop lying. I can't imagine any reason other than race as to why anyone would lie so much to defend GZ. Even the prosecution said they were convinced GZ approached Martin gun in hand, as it would not have been possible for him to draw and shoot otherwise.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:

Only to you was it proven.
You have yet to post this proof you speak of.

What really happened we will never know as Zimmerman is nothing but a proven liar.

The prosecution did a horrible job and as a result there was enough reasonable doubt to acquit. I'm not saying Martin was murdered or that Zimmerman is 100% guilty. I am saying all of it would have been avoided if Zimmerman didn't pursue a young man walking down the street.

Zimmerman gives all of us gun owners a bad name. I wouldn't live in a neighborhood with a HOA either. They seem to attract the Zimmerman types.

Old 12-07-2019, 05:43 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,583,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
A young man who is 17? I wouldn't have. I would have confronted Zimmerman. Then again where I grew up I didn't have neighbors itching to shoot someone either.

Then again where I grew up the adult would have said something like "son are you lost? Do you need some help?" They wouldn't have followed me around like a damned thug.
Exactly. Think how differently that night would have ended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.