Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2019, 05:55 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
And if they were to murder someone, they would be charged as an adult. Your point?
they would be a child charged as an adult. Still a child though. Why won't you answer the question about 17 year old being statutory "assaulted" ( I don't wanna keep repeating the r-word)? Would you be cool with your 17 year old daughter brining home a 30 year old? Or would you say she's still a child?

Old 12-06-2019, 05:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
If a seventeen year old white male was to commit a "hate crime" against a racial minority, you people wouldn't be saying "but he's just a chiiiiild!"
A black security guard wouldn’t have been so truculent as Zimmerman was just because he has a gun. Big difference.

The white “thug” would’ve made it home to his family.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:03 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
A black security guard wouldn’t have been so truculent as Zimmerman was just because he has a gun. Big difference.

The white “thug” would’ve made it home to his family.
That's nothing more than a racist assumption, be better than that.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:06 PM

227 posts, read 98,027 times
The pro Zimmerman crowd always miss the point.

"He should've ran home" for what? And why would you lead someone that is obviously following you... To your home?

"He was bashing his skull into the pavement" No... He wasn't. Zimmerman denied medical attention that same night.

Look at all the BS that Zimmerman has got himself into after the shooting. The dummy tried to sell the gun as memorabilia, signed autographs on bags of skittles, and now is trying to sue.

That says way more about him than Trayvon smoking weed and sticking a middle finger at a camera.

Bad kid or not, Trayvon was innocent that night. He wasn't casing homes.. He went out for snacks. Zimmerman started this whole thing.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:11 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,560,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
Bad kid or not, Trayvon was innocent that night.
He was up until he attacked a stranger and got what he deserved for his foolish mistake.

Don't get me wrong, I have much harsher words for Zimmerman, and I've said them in this thread even, but Martin wasn't innocent and what happened wasn't murder. It's just what happens sometimes when two awful people run into each other.

If either of their parents raised them better this wouldn't have been a thing, but they were both failed so one is dead and the other has destroyed his life.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:17 PM

227 posts, read 98,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
He was up until he attacked a stranger and got what he deserved for his foolish mistake.

Don't get me wrong, I have much harsher words for Zimmerman, and I've said them in this thread even, but Martin wasn't innocent and what happened wasn't murder. It's just what happens sometimes when two awful people run into each other.

If either of their parents raised them better this wouldn't have been a thing, but they were both failed so one is dead and the other has destroyed his life.
I don't think it was murder either, but Zimmerman is responsible for a cool 97% of this entire ordeal. I honestly don't believe Trayvon got away then circled back.. It doesn't make sense.

It doesn't matter now.. I just wish some folks would stop trying to paint Zimmerman as some hero.. Or good guy.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:29 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
You left out that you're a SEAL instructor and can lift cars over your head.

Keyboard warrior.

Do you impress all your gaming friends telling them these lies?
It's all true, Pedro. And I haven't played video games in 30 years. lol

Old 12-06-2019, 06:32 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkchamps View Post
I don't think it was murder either, but Zimmerman is responsible for a cool 97% of this entire ordeal. I honestly don't believe Trayvon got away then circled back.. It doesn't make sense.

It doesn't matter now.. I just wish some folks would stop trying to paint Zimmerman as some hero.. Or good guy.
Zimmie ran the whole operation for the apprehension of a suspicious person.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
That's nothing more than a racist assumption, be better than that.
Racist? Nah.

I call it the way it is. We simply handle situations differently. That’s not racism. That’s the truth.

Old 12-06-2019, 06:36 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,575,707 times
If a 200 lb black man shot a 158 lb white kid under the same circumstances we all know how things would have turned out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.