Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2009, 06:07 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,251,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
seriously. When our currency fails? When the bureaucrats socialize healthcare? When the supreme court rules the DC gun ban constitutional? When the government defaults on social security and medicare benefits? How much longer will we take violations of state's rights, private property rights, privacy rights, and our nation's sovereignty?

The founding fathers were up in arms over a small tax on imported tea. Where's the civil disobedience at? Where are the protests? Where's our Boston Tea Party? Is America too apathetic and/or spineless to make a stand? Will we submit to fascism and totalitarianism of the federal bureaucracy? Or will we rally as our founding fathers did in an effort for our God given liberty? Who will make a stand with me?
Sorry Tex, I'm not with you. I took an oath when I joined the military, and I have never forgotten it, and will never do anything to overthrow our Government, but instead, I will defend the American Government. Civil disobedience can land you in prison. BTW, I am not spineless as you claim some Americans are. I can think for myself, and do not need people like yourself eluding to overthrowing our present form of Government. If you're not happy, go vote.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:15 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,984,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
Sorry Tex, I'm not with you. I took an oath when I joined the military, and I have never forgotten it, and will never do anything to overthrow our Government, but instead, I will defend the American Government. Civil disobedience can land you in prison. BTW, I am not spineless as you claim some Americans are. I can think for myself, and do not need people like yourself eluding to overthrowing our present form of Government. If you're not happy, go vote.
Your oath was not to the government, it was to defend the Constitution.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:22 PM

17,522 posts, read 24,851,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
US CODE: Title 18,2385. Advocating overthrow of Government

Old 11-17-2009, 06:26 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,309,250 times
Quote:
Oh, that is so bizarre that it defies comment.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Perhaps you should read the oath...

Old 11-17-2009, 06:28 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,251,817 times
Quote:
That's right. But, I will defend our present form of government at all costs. To attempt to overthrow our Government, is treasonous, and WRONG. Our Constitution is our present from of Government, they go hand in hand. Do you wish to change it?

Quote:
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
For Army and Air Force

Old 11-17-2009, 06:29 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,407,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Actually, it's clearly in the oath if you read it. Never does it say that your oath was to defend the government.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:30 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,237,138 times
Quote:
you left out the part where it says.
to obey the orders of the president of the united states.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:31 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,407,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
That's right. But, I will defend our present form of government at all costs. To attempt to overthrow our Government, is treasonous, and WRONG. Our Constitution is our present from of Government, they go hand in hand. Do you wish to change it?
The Magna Carta and the English government went hand and hand, and you know how that went for the colonists.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
you left out the part where it says.
to obey the orders of the president of the united states.
And you forgot this part:

Quote:
according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.
You are NOT to obey the POTUS, you are to obey his orders as long as they are legal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies