Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2019, 04:46 PM

18,320 posts, read 10,822,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Writing "tRump" isn't funny nor clever.
Yeah it is. Trump is just to stupid to resign .He is banking on enough republicans to save him but he is taking down the party so who know what might happen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2019, 04:51 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,060,808 times
In reply to the original post, a few points I'd like to make:
1) All politicians lie. ALL of them.
2) A lot of voters chose him as the lesser of two evils (I still don't like him, but overall ok with my vote.)
3) Most pragmatic voters never believed him to begin with concerning who would pay for the wall.
4) There are plenty of sensible people who believe Schumer, Pelosi and Trump - as well as every member of Congress - shoulder the blame for the shutdown. Every one of them should be required to work together DAILY for the next 3 weeks and slug this one out.
5) Blaming one side only is either denial or ignorance. Period.
ETA...6) Resign? Ha. Never. Nor should he, based on previous presidents' behavior, broken promises, and relationships with their political adversaries.

Face it. The left STILL hasn't put a single opponent on the table that would be a better choice than DT.

Old 01-26-2019, 04:53 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,229,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
In reply to the original post, a few points I'd like to make:
1) All politicians lie. ALL of them.
2) A lot of voters chose him as the lesser of two evils (I still don't like him, but overall ok with my vote.)
3) Most pragmatic voters never believed him to begin with concerning who would pay for the wall.
4) There are plenty of sensible people who believe Schumer, Pelosi and Trump - as well as every member of Congress - shoulder the blame for the shutdown. Every one of them should be required to work together DAILY for the next 3 weeks and slug this one out.
5) Blaming one side only is either denial or ignorance. Period.
Trump is way past the average politician in the lying thieving and treachery department. Trump said he would proudly own the shutdown...what don't you understand about that? It came from his gullet but you deny it? Unbelievable!

Old 01-26-2019, 04:58 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,060,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump is way past the average politician in the lying thieving and treachery department. Trump said he would proudly own the shutdown...what don't you understand about that? It came from his gullet but you deny it? Unbelievable!
Meh. Your perception is your reality. Whatever gets you to the voting booth.

Old 01-26-2019, 05:01 PM

18,491 posts, read 7,174,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think so. I believe (really, I do) that he could have had a headless body in his car, and they wouldn't care.

The only thing that would make his base defect is if he ever compromised with "the enemy", which is, ironically, the majority of the US citizenry.

I guess we'll see.

You do know that the exact same thing could have been said about Obama during his presidency...

Right?

Old 01-26-2019, 07:19 PM

11,124 posts, read 5,657,149 times
Quote:
I ABSOLUTELY disagree with you about that.

I think virtually all of Trump supporters are Rush Limbaugh supporters.

That's why when Limbaugh started to support Trump, the tide completely turned. Trump was way out in the weeds until Limbaugh supported him.

Had Limbaugh not supported Trump, there is no way he could have won.

I listen to the Limbaugh broadcasts when I'm in my car. When he started turning, that's when the voters started turning.

So you're saying that pile of rancid whale blubber is responsible for cursing us with Trump? You must enjoy punishing yourself, listening to him. Let's hope it works in reverse, that when Trump falls, so will Limbaugh. I imagine that many of these right-wing radio rabble-rousers will be targeting new audiences before long.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:32 PM

26,669 posts, read 28,978,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
So you're saying that pile of rancid whale blubber is responsible for cursing us with Trump? You must enjoy punishing yourself, listening to him. Let's hope it works in reverse, that when Trump falls, so will Limbaugh. I imagine that many of these right-wing radio rabble-rousers will be targeting new audiences before long.
Can't rep you again but "that pile of rancid whale blubber" lol. I've never listened to him but I read yesterday that he wasn't too happy with Trump caving.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:57 PM

16,361 posts, read 7,085,429 times
Quote:
So back when he was running for president, I thought if he won he would decline to take office. I thought he was just trying to prove a point.

But I was wrong.

And now, that his opponents can't stand him, and his base is now enraged (I listen to talk radio ;D) because he caved in to an impossible situation that they for some reason thought he should stick out, despite zero chance of winning, he kind of has no friends.

Coulter's tweet, from his OWN PARTY, is about the rudest, most humiliating thing I've read all year.

With his base, the less than 25% of the voters, there was NOTHING AT ALL this president could do to lose their support except compromise with the opposition. And now he's done more than that, he completely capitulated to them.

Listening to the voices today, I could hear repeated hope that when he comes back Feb. 15, THEN he'll get his wall. When the host asked are you angry? Yeah I'm angry!!!! He shouldn't have given in. But they'll pass his budget on Feb. 15 so this'll be worth it.

Just as posters who back him are saying here.

What happens March 1 when he no longer has any support? Not even his angry MAGA hat cheerleaders?

Um. Bye.

Grandma Pelosi and chucky are in for a big surprise......................

Bachman Turner OverDrive
" You aint seen nothing Yet "

Old 01-26-2019, 08:14 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,252,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Grandma Pelosi and chucky are in for a big surprise......................

Bachman Turner OverDrive
" You aint seen nothing Yet "
Wouldn't surprise me. Trump ALWAYS wins. Always. Even when he loses, he wins. It's the darnedest thing I've ever seen. And he always seems to win right when things look darkest for him.

Old 01-26-2019, 08:16 PM

9,326 posts, read 4,180,910 times
Quote:
So back when he was running for president, I thought if he won he would decline to take office. I thought he was just trying to prove a point. But I was wrong.

And now, that his opponents can't stand him, and his base is now enraged (I listen to talk radio ;D) because he caved in to an impossible situation that they for some reason thought he should stick out, despite zero chance of winning, he kind of has no friends.

Coulter's tweet, from his OWN PARTY, is about the rudest, most humiliating thing I've read all year.
No, you were right! He was trying to prove a point - either the specific point, as some think, that he should be embraced by the game-show producers, or the more general point, that he was a popular guy who people should want to do business with.

Apart from Coulter, is his base - the ordinary people - enraged?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies