Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 06:41 PM

35,792 posts, read 18,131,208 times

Advertisements

So back when he was running for president, I thought if he won he would decline to take office. I thought he was just trying to prove a point.

But I was wrong.

And now, that his opponents can't stand him, and his base is now enraged (I listen to talk radio ;D) because he caved in to an impossible situation that they for some reason thought he should stick out, despite zero chance of winning, he kind of has no friends.

Coulter's tweet, from his OWN PARTY, is about the rudest, most humiliating thing I've read all year.

With his base, the less than 25% of the voters, there was NOTHING AT ALL this president could do to lose their support except compromise with the opposition. And now he's done more than that, he completely capitulated to them.

Listening to the voices today, I could hear repeated hope that when he comes back Feb. 15, THEN he'll get his wall. When the host asked are you angry? Yeah I'm angry!!!! He shouldn't have given in. But they'll pass his budget on Feb. 15 so this'll be worth it.

Just as posters who back him are saying here.

What happens March 1 when he no longer has any support? Not even his angry MAGA hat cheerleaders?

Um. Bye.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 06:44 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,613,891 times
tRump's ego won't allow him to slink away until the men with the straitjacket are on the way.

That day may be coming.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:45 PM

4,486 posts, read 3,841,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
tRump's ego won't allow him to slink away until the men with the straitjacket are on the way.
Writing "tRump" isn't funny nor clever.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:46 PM

30,652 posts, read 19,363,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So back when he was running for president, I thought if he won he would decline to take office. I thought he was just trying to prove a point.

But I was wrong.

And now, that his opponents can't stand him, and his base is now enraged (I listen to talk radio ;D) because he caved in to an impossible situation that they for some reason thought he should stick out, despite zero chance of winning, he's kind of has no friends.

With his base, the less than 25% of the voters, there was NOTHING AT ALL this president could do to lose their support except compromise with the opposition. And now he's done more than that, he completely capitulated to them.

Listening to the voices today, I could hear repeated hope that when he comes back Feb. 15, THEN he'll get his wall. When the host asked are you angry? Yeah I'm angry!!!! He shouldn't have given in. But they'll pass his budget on Feb. 15 so this'll be worth it.

What happens March 1 when he no longer has any support? Not even his angry MAGA hat cheerleaders?

Um. Bye.
Trump is your President and will be till 2025.

25,665 posts, read 17,412,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
They have won a battle, so gloating is expected. They do not know that the war continues.

2,745 posts, read 3,038,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

But I was wrong.

And now, that his opponents can't stand him, and his base is now enraged (I listen to talk radio ;D) because he caved in to an impossible situation that they for some reason thought he should stick out, despite zero chance of winning, he's kind of has no friends.

Um. Bye.
Everybody needs a dream, even you.

He'll never resign.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:47 PM

17,398 posts, read 12,347,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Sure it would. Today was a preview. He’ll take a loss but spin it publicly as a win and walk away.

I could certainly see him declaring the emergency, ordering the wall, then resigning as a “winner”.

10,546 posts, read 6,192,915 times
Well he will always have his city-data die-hards. To them he can do no wrong. Maybe they should go build Trumps wall for him.

35,792 posts, read 18,131,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Trump is your President and will be till 2025.
No, he won't be.

His base backed him when he was rude and angry and off-putting.

They're not backing him now that he's whimpering away.

Old 01-25-2019, 06:48 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,613,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
That's just like, your opinion, man.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies