Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2018, 08:45 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,236,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker53 View Post
Most tattoos are gross looking. I have yet to see one that enhanced a person's looks.
What about breast cancer survivors that get nipples tattooed? Not only is it juice athletically, but it's a life changer for those that do it.

Old 08-21-2018, 09:27 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,672,276 times
Trigger alert !!!

The worst tattoo I ever saw was Hillary's face on a cellulite thigh.

I warned ya !!!

Old 08-21-2018, 09:28 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,293,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I don't have tattoos myself, but I could give zero effs f anyone else does. Their, body, their decision. I love seeing some tats; it's a good ice breaker with someone. You'll also find that the less you worry about things other people that does not personally harm you, the better off you'll be.
No doubt.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:25 PM

32,083 posts, read 15,085,780 times
I hate tattoos. The human body is beautiful so why scar it.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:42 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,293,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I hate tattoos. The human body is beautiful so why scar it.
The beauty of it is that you don’t have to, Natalie.

I just don’t get the weirdos who act as if they can’t function while having to live among tattooed people.

Old 08-21-2018, 10:45 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,536,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
What about breast cancer survivors that get nipples tattooed? Not only is it juice athletically, but it's a life changer for those that do it.
And also the #keepgoing movement with the semi-colon over cut wrists.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:11 PM

3,187 posts, read 1,511,338 times
Confused about this craze too. I had a friend (has since moved) like that. He was even a bit of an amateur tattoo artist. Tattoos were all over him. I asked him one time why he did it. He said to express his "individuality". I replied that he was achieving the opposite of what he wanted. Now he just looked like every other tatted up person in our town. People would then stereotype him hindering his ability to express his individuality. I said he would do better in that regard to use a change of clothing style to express that. Your skin is the largest organ in your body. You should feel lucky if it's healthy. He laughed as we were friends and agreed. He was truly a sweet soul and I can't understand why he would do this and suffer all the negative attention he got. I know he did as he would tell me about it.

Maybe I see things differently as I have a few of those port wine birthmarks. I feel tattooed naturally and it's not a great feeling that I can't remove them. Not on my face luckily but I still got lots of attention and of course teasing as a kid. We are all born with something that makes us "unique". We don't need ink for that.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:27 PM

34,940 posts, read 36,284,905 times
I've never understood why people get all high and mighty over tattoos. I mean, with all the other ugly stuff they say and do, do they think that not having tattoos makes them superior somehow?

LOL.

That's funny.

I like tattoos. Good ones, anyway.

And, there's definitely a difference between a talented tattoo artist and a hack.

It's a bit like Supercuts vs. a gifted hairstylist.

Only more permanent.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
The beauty of it is that you don’t have to, Natalie.

I just don’t get the weirdos who act as if they can’t function while having to live among tattooed people.
When I was a kid, my grandmother could not understand why anyone would pierce their ears.

It's always something with the judgy folks.

Now, I don't get why people put huge gauges in their lips and whatnot, but more because it seems like it might damage their mouths or teeth. But, hey... none of my business if I'm not a member of that person's immediate family and/or they didn't ask my opinion.

I don't look at people I don't want to look at. People weren't put here for other people's enjoyment.

Old 08-21-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownnative View Post
Confused about this craze too. I had a friend (has since moved) like that. He was even a bit of an amateur tattoo artist. Tattoos were all over him. I asked him one time why he did it. He said to express his "individuality". I replied that he was achieving the opposite of what he wanted. Now he just looked like every other tatted up person in our town. People would then stereotype him hindering his ability to express his individuality. I said he would do better in that regard to use a change of clothing style to express that. Your skin is the largest organ in your body. You should feel lucky if it's healthy. He laughed as we were friends and agreed. He was truly a sweet soul and I can't understand why he would do this and suffer all the negative attention he got. I know he did as he would tell me about it.

Maybe I see things differently as I have a few of those port wine birthmarks. I feel tattooed naturally and it's not a great feeling that I can't remove them. Not on my face luckily but I still got lots of attention and of course teasing as a kid. We are all born with something that makes us "unique". We don't need ink for that.
They have tattoo artists now who do medical tattoos over port wine marks to make them blend in better with the rest of a person's skin. The work is pretty interesting and looks quite nice if you have the right artist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies