Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 06:15 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,753,291 times

Advertisements

So now conservatives are trying desperately to find an answer to the question that's been bugging them since the 2016 Presidential election: "Just how in the hell did Hillary Clinton get 3 million more votes than their messiah?" They can't come up with anything that can be substantiated so they suddenly "find" 3 million ghost voters dredged up by some ultra right-wing think tank organization. I guess it makes them able to sleep better at night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 06:22 PM

11,986 posts, read 5,333,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
lol - "not a scintilla", yet "next to nil" is not nil. It means "some". And the NH study identified several hundred that may or may not have been improperly cast.

And if that can happen in NH, where everybody knows everybody, imagine what could happen in, oh, say, California.....
You cherry picked what I said. You can probably find examples of improper voting in any election you examine, but while there may be enough to impact a local race, there hasn’t been a scintilla of evidence produced that these cases are of the magnitude that would significantly impact state or national elections.

You’re looking at molehills and seeing the Rockies.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:23 PM

47,087 posts, read 26,214,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Problem is, most people don't go and tell the local election commission that they've recently died.
Or, for that matter, moved. But it sure makes for great headlines.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:25 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,261,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
... there hasn’t been a scintilla of evidence produced that these cases are of the magnitude that would significantly impact state or national elections.

If you are not positively identifying voters there is no way to determine what the extent of fraud is. You can't for example tell a cop not to watch a stop sign and then declare no one went through the stop sign because no tickets were issued.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:25 PM

47,087 posts, read 26,214,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Read the article - it mentions dead voters as well.

In fact, CBS’s Windy City affiliate last October compared local vote records with the Social Security Administration’s master death file. “In all,” the channel concluded, “the analysis showed 119 dead people have voted a total of 229 times in Chicago in the last decade.” KCBS–Los Angeles reported in May 2016 that 265 dead voters had cast ballots in southern California “year after year.”
119 over a decade? That's like, literally, close to 12 per year. A whole dozen!

Seriously Drob, that's some weak sauce.

Old 07-19-2018, 06:42 PM

30,529 posts, read 23,956,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
3.5 million is a lot of people. That's not a small number. California contains half of that number. A spreadsheet is at the link.

When I voted for the election in 2016, I was required to show ID. Turns out, the reason for that was because even though I had registered when I got my d/l after getting to this horrific state, the information was not passed on. I had to start my registration all over again, hence why I had to show my ID.

This past June, I voted again. They asked my name, looked for it on the sheets that they had, and when I asked, as I was taking out my ID to show them, "Do I need to show my ID", they replied that I did not need to show it.

So how do "dead people" vote? It's not the dead that actually vote, and the ones who are implying it and joking about that are doing the typical stupid dance that they always do when the truth is a little too close for their comfort.

It would be VERY easy to go in to a polling place, give a name, and then vote as that person as the polling places (in CA for sure, and other states), do not require any type of identification whatsoever.

The people at the polling place are volunteers. The people this past June were not the same people that were there in November 2016, so they had no idea if I was who I said I was, but that didn't appear to be a problem for them whatsoever.

If you have a grandparent, a parent, a sibling, an aunt, a friend, whatever that has passed on, you know where they lived, you can easily find the polling place near where they lived, and you can waltz on in there, claim that you are that person and vote in their name. Then you can go back home, go to your local polling place, and vote in your name.

The fact that people actually believe a) no one has ever thought do that before and b) no one has ever done it before shows how stupid and unacceptably naive some people are.

Colorado's dead voters - Chicago Tribune

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016...ar-after-year/

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/10/...ases-and-gaps/

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...230030371.html

Voter Fraud in the US: Documented (Part 1) - Discover the Networks

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...177286281.html

I could link a whole lot more but you're on the internet, if you truly care about the integrity of our elections, (as the lefties are pretending to care right now because the outcome didn't suit them), you can look this information up for yourself.

So "hyuck, hyuck, hyuck" away, lefties, the fact remains, this has been done in the past, you can bet it's going to continue. Voter ID laws would help stop a lot of this.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:11 PM

45,904 posts, read 27,553,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
So now conservatives are trying desperately to find an answer to the question that's been bugging them since the 2016 Presidential election: "Just how in the hell did Hillary Clinton get 3 million more votes than their messiah?" They can't come up with anything that can be substantiated so they suddenly "find" 3 million ghost voters dredged up by some ultra right-wing think tank organization. I guess it makes them able to sleep better at night.
Nobody cares about your question. Hillary is not president. The electoral college functioned as it is supposed to.

And the question is not difficult to answer - California. Even if you take out the 1.7 million ghost votes, she still wins the state and the popular vote.

We do need to clean up the system.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:19 PM

45,672 posts, read 24,161,769 times
Republicans have investigated these claims for years and can find nothing to support the claims of fraudulent votes.

Yes voting lists tend to have may people who don't vote on it.

Remember when there was the report of folks in Trump's campaign being registered in two states. I checked and found I was listed in two states.

We moved -- my name never got off the original voting list.
People die and don't get removed.
Some people are listed twice.

I never voted in Georgia and in South Carolina. Neither did those Trump campaign workers....or family (can't remember exactly who it was).

Old 07-19-2018, 09:20 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,595,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post

Old 07-19-2018, 09:24 PM

3,623 posts, read 1,816,875 times
This is why no one should believe this ridiculous campaign by the Democrats that there aren't enough people registered. Our voter rolls are overflowing. There are more registered voters than citizens in this country. What we actually need to do is to clean up our voters rolls. Does anyone actually believe that illegal aliens are not voting? Of course they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies