Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 05:26 PM

11,982 posts, read 5,350,613 times

Advertisements

More horses**t.

If there are any races changed by dead voting, it’s in small rural counties where a few votes could switch a sheriff’s race. There's not a scintilla of evidence of illegal voting of a magnitude sufficient to throw statewide or presidential elections. As a recent study of voting in New Hampshire showed, improper voting was next to nil; literally a handful in nearly 900,000 ballots examined.

http://www.wmur.com/article/exhausti...in-nh/20955267

http://nhpr.org/post/voter-fraud-new...ality#stream/0

https://www.brennancenter.org/analys...ter-fraud-myth

Last edited by Bureaucat; 07-19-2018 at 05:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 05:26 PM

16,249 posts, read 11,025,356 times
I suspect that I could vote in two states even though I moved five years ago. I don't think it is a priority for the new state to notify the old state. These are registrations, not votes cast.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:30 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,644,726 times
People move, people die, and the voter rolls are not always updated to reflect that. That does not necessarily mean that all of those names represent fraudulent votes, or even that a significant number do. While I agree that even one fraudulent vote is one too many, there is no reason to assume that all of those "ghost voters" actually turned up at the polls, and even less to assume that if they did, they were all Clinton voters.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:31 PM

24,279 posts, read 15,356,522 times
How many times do we need to go over this chit.

DID THEY VOTE?

Imagine the ruckus raised if they took my name off the registration because I did not vote in the last 2 years. That's a problem. Counties usually mail out a card. They depend on the USPS to either deliver the card as addressed, or send it back to them.

If the card is delivered, the county assumes the person is at that address. They might have moved 10 years ago.

If I move, it is my responsibility to notify my county voter registrar. They cannot remove me unless I tell them. Even if I move and register in Dallas county, I need to tell Harris county, because Dallas doesn't do it for me.

Now ask your study buddies how many people who are eligible to register to vote moved in the last 5 years. How many notified their county?

IIRC, the funeral home notified the county and the social security when my mom died. They got the death certificates.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:31 PM

9,700 posts, read 5,149,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Dead people voting. Now that's what we call being a hardcore believer in your politics! And to think that we all have this crazy idea that dead people are lazy and never do anything. Look how wrong we were!
You are so right. I propose that Republicans make this their one and only priority, and take on no other governing responsibilities until you catch every single, fraudulent voter who's using a dead person's ID to vote on heavily-Democratic Illinois and California.

Until you find all these miscreants, Democrats will shoulder the burden of trying to lead the country. We want you to concentrate solely on rooting out these criminal masterminds.

Please. Do it for your country.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:33 PM

24,264 posts, read 14,321,220 times
I'm currently registered to vote in 3 states even though I notified two of them that I had moved.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:34 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,626,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
Half of those are probably deceased
deceased or moved.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:40 PM

20,696 posts, read 12,626,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Not a surprise. The illegals and dead people got Hillary a much higher number of votes than she got legitimately. Of course the leftists deny it.
Didn't Trump already try that with voter fraud? It got him nothing.

Old 07-19-2018, 05:42 PM

8,944 posts, read 4,698,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
More horses**t.

If there are any races changed by dead voting, it’s in small rural counties where a few votes could switch a sheriff’s race. There's not a scintilla of evidence of illegal voting of a magnitude sufficient to throw statewide or presidential elections. As a recent study of voting in New Hampshire showed, improper voting was next to nil; literally a handful in nearly 900,000 ballots examined.

Exhaustive investigation reveals little evidence of possible voter fraud in NH

Voter Fraud in New Hampshire: Rhetoric Versus Reality | New Hampshire Public Radio

https://www.brennancenter.org/analys...ter-fraud-myth
lol - "not a scintilla", yet "next to nil" is not nil. It means "some". And the NH study identified several hundred that may or may not have been improperly cast.

And if that can happen in NH, where everybody knows everybody, imagine what could happen in, oh, say, California.....

Old 07-19-2018, 05:43 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,644,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm currently registered to vote in 3 states even though I notified two of them that I had moved.
I would be willing to bet that most people who have moved around the country a lot are registered in at least two places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies