Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2018, 07:18 PM

30,448 posts, read 23,909,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"Proud Boys, the Infamous Right-Wing Brawlers, Head to the Heart of Antifa Country"

These right wing thugs aren't going to Portland to sip coffee at the bookstore. Just another example of how Trumpism is dividing America and inspiring violence.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/proud-...antifa-country
You mean this Portland?

https://www.mrctv.org/blog/portland-...being-beheaded

Give it a rest with that "left is holier than thou" bs. The left is extremely violent...you should probably read the article that you linked:

Quote:
...a black-clad antifa activist swung a baton at 28-year-old Ethan Nordean.
Nordean then knocked that pos out with a single punch, not a weapon, his fist. If the little Communist wannabe antif**ks don't want people protesting their protest, then they can stop being violent everywhere they go.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2018, 07:26 PM

24,396 posts, read 12,967,908 times
Quote:
Just another example of how Trumpism is dividing America and inspiring violence.
"Trumpism" no. Obamaism yes.

Quote:
Huh? Where did I say the Proud Boys shouldn't be allowed to travel and demonstrate? If they want to have a peaceful rally, they have a right to do that. But like I said: they are going to Portland to pick a fight. They have a history of initiating scuffles.
Not as long a history as the current crop of antifa.

Antifa has a long history in this country and it's hard to tell exactly when the current crop had formed. But, we do know that they were bashing people on the right since the obama administration.

Proud boys and patriot prayer were both formed in 2016, as a response to the current antifa group.

All three groups are full of extremists, I'm not even going to be generous and say that there might be "fine people" in any of those groups. They want to fight and beat on people, fine, let them do it in a no rules cage match -- leave innocent citizens out of being beaten up.

Old 07-19-2018, 07:43 PM

39,946 posts, read 26,656,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Veritas is legendary for editing audio to lie and misinform. James OKeefe is a criminal.
I believe you have Veritas confused with NBC, and Okeefe with Lester Holt.

Which is hard to understand. Unlike NBC, Veritas does do investigative journalism.

Old 07-19-2018, 10:43 PM

10,265 posts, read 16,012,380 times
Quote:
"Proud Boys, the Infamous Right-Wing Brawlers, Head to the Heart of Antifa Country"

These right wing thugs aren't going to Portland to sip coffee at the bookstore. Just another example of how Trumpism is dividing America and inspiring violence.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/proud-...antifa-country
What about when Obama's comments and the liberal media's vilification of police (before any facts were out) provoked the Baltimore and Ferguson riots and the targeted killings of police in Baton Rouge?

Old 07-19-2018, 11:52 PM

4,980 posts, read 2,105,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Weren't these guys standing along side Nazis and KKK members?
Nice try, but no. Many of their members are non-White and Jewish.

Old 07-19-2018, 11:56 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,971,451 times
Centipede.

Old 07-20-2018, 12:05 AM

4,980 posts, read 2,105,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
But THIS thread is about the Proud Boys. As much as you want to make it about Antifa - it's not. Start your own thread.

If I have to choose between white supremacists and anti-fascists ~ I would to be on the anti-fascist side.
Again, the Left trying to shutdown anything they don't agree with. Btw, I'm no fan of either the Antifa or the Proud Boys.

I have a suggestion, instead of being Far-Left or Far Right, what about simply being American and put our country first again??

Old 07-20-2018, 12:10 AM

20,895 posts, read 8,708,075 times
If Antifa didn't exist there would be no Proud Boys. I even wonder if they are real since during the campaign Project Veritas revealed the Dems were posing as Trump supporters and making trouble.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:32 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,318,676 times
Portland? Those dudes are SOFT!!!

I can point them in the direction of a dozen places they can go...right down to the neighborhoods, where they can find the trouble they seek.

Old 07-20-2018, 07:56 AM

977 posts, read 571,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
But THIS thread is about the Proud Boys. As much as you want to make it about Antifa - it's not. Start your own thread.

If I have to choose between white supremacists and anti-fascists ~ I would to be on the anti-fascist side.
You REALLY think ANTIFA is anti-fascist, despite the name? What does ANTIFA do? It uses violence against any group that espouses opinions contrary to its own. That sounds pretty fascist if you ask me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies