Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2018, 06:13 PM

52,826 posts, read 48,288,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
"Proud Boys, the Infamous Right-Wing Brawlers, Head to the Heart of Antifa Country"

These right wing thugs aren't going to Portland to sip coffee at the bookstore. Just another example of how Trumpism is dividing America and inspiring violence.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/proud-...antifa-country
Infamous, huh? Brawlers? Conservatives can push back, but we aren't the type who go out and beat people, harass others, and burn people's cars on a daily basis the way that we've all seen leftists do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
This in response to the almost daily violence perpetrated by the left. Nice try.
Sadly, it's become all they do anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2018, 06:51 PM

16,873 posts, read 8,857,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
I'm pretty sure a fight will only start if:

Hooded filthy jack-booted leftist thugs with their warrior burkas show up with weapons to disrupt free speech.

Otherwise, no problem.
Not that I am taking the opposite point of view, but something seems off about the "Proud Boys" to me.

Most moderate/conservative groups tend to be peaceful, civil, and fairly educated. Listening to some of this groups speakers talking to their fellow members, did't give me the typical aforementioned feeling. Additionally, unlike regular groups, it seemed as if they might be spoiling for a physical confrontation. Granted they may not have started out that way, but listening to them after a what I assume was a physical attack, they were talking about aggression, not peaceful protest.
By all means, kick some Pantifa rear if the punks attack, but don't go looking and hoping for a conflict.

Then watching one of the videos, and seeing/hearing "uhuru" didn't mesh. I say that because radical blacks use to use the term, so why are these guys chanting it and carrying signs saying as much.

So while I have not made an informed judgement on them, I must say they are not your typical moderate/conservative group.
Embracing them as such might come back to haunt those who would be inclined to support anyone opposed to leftist nuts.

`

Old 08-07-2018, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Videos are not what I asked for. Perhaps it wasn't clear the first time I posted the request but I clarified later. I want statistical data, not YouTube phone videos. If you read my posts you'll see that I do not deny the existence of violence perpetrated by the left. What I find objectionable is the assertion that violence comes ONLY from the left. That is a lie some wish to propagate.

You're saying Fox News is completely innocent? They've never reported false information? Brietbart or Alex Jones has never disseminated false information or information that only puts their side in a positive light but not the other? Their reporting is always honest and truthful? Just trying to figure out where you stand.
WT

I never once mentioned "Fox, Brierbart or Alex Jones", so where is that coming from?
Not that I equate those three equally, but even if you want to say Fox and Brietbart are right leaning, they are not in any way kooky like "Info Wars". I cannot stand to watch that show, as most of it seems on the fringe of reality to me.

Regarding the video vs. stats, he posted videos showing actual violence perpetrated by the left. Considering available stats would have to come from the DOJ under Obama, how can you expect anything anti-left wing from Obama/Holder/Lynch?
More to the point, why not show modern footage of right wing groups engaged in violence like was posted about the leftist?
A liberal media source talking about the existence of right wing groups does not equate to automatic violence.
Yet there is plenty more videos of leftist groups engaging in violence, just to prevent evil people like Condellezza Rice from being able to speak.
How do you fit that square peg into the round hole?

`

Old 08-08-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
videos are not what i asked for. Perhaps it wasn't clear the first time i posted the request but i clarified later. I want statistical data, not youtube phone videos. If you read my posts you'll see that i do not deny the existence of violence perpetrated by the left. What i find objectionable is the assertion that violence comes only from the left. That is a lie some wish to propagate.

You're saying fox news is completely innocent? They've never reported false information? Brietbart or alex jones has never dissiminated false information or information that only puts their side in a positive light but not the other? Their reporting is always honest and truthful? Just trying to figure out where you stand.
^

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector1 View Post
wt

I never once mentioned "fox, brierbart or alex jones", so where is that coming from?
Not that i equate those three equally, but even if you want to say fox and brietbart are right leaning, they are not in any way kooky like "info wars". I cannot stand to watch that show, as most of it seems on the fringe of reality to me.

Regarding the video vs. Stats, he posted videos showing actual violence perpetrated by the left. Considering available stats would have to come from the doj under obama, how can you expect anything anti-left wing from obama/holder/lynch?
More to the point, why not show modern footage of right wing groups engaged in violence like was posted about the leftist?
A liberal media source talking about the existence of right wing groups does not equate to automatic violence.
Yet there is plenty more videos of leftist groups engaging in violence, just to prevent evil people like condellezza rice from being able to speak.
How do you fit that square peg into the round hole?

`

???

`

Old 08-08-2018, 04:00 PM

4,536 posts, read 4,956,702 times
This is just a friendly service announcement, but there is literally going to be dozens of people ready with high resolution cameras that are planning to take oodles of photos of this thing. They are planning on publicly IDing as many neo Nazis and racists as they can, so if you don't want your family, millions of people on Facebook, your supervisor at work, your company or your customers of your business to know that you're a neo nazi, then maybe you shouldn't attend. You can easily be IDed. I mean I know some are fine with being publicly outed, but they better have a stable job at company that doesn't care about PR.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:03 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,822,769 times
This thread is obviously rebuttal of propaganda threads started that claim the left is violent.

Neither type of thread should be permitted.

Old 08-08-2018, 06:15 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,394,806 times
Genuinely curious. Regarding Antifa.... after the anarchist revolution, who will they appoint to be in charge of stopping people from re-establishing another hierarchical society?

Old 08-08-2018, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
This is just a friendly service announcement, but there is literally going to be dozens of people ready with high resolution cameras that are planning to take oodles of photos of this thing. They are planning on publicly IDing as many neo Nazis and racists as they can, so if you don't want your family, millions of people on Facebook, your supervisor at work, your company or your customers of your business to know that you're a neo nazi, then maybe you shouldn't attend. You can easily be IDed. I mean I know some are fine with being publicly outed, but they better have a stable job at company that doesn't care about PR.
What of the leftist fascist punks who engage in violence and cowardly acts of throwing urine, acid or coming up from behind the hitting people as they are in flight to run away?

`

Old 08-08-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
This thread is obviously rebuttal of propaganda threads started that claim the left is violent.

Neither type of thread should be permitted.
Censorship much?
Who are you to decide such a thing.
Additionally, many videos have been posted in thsi thread to show the violent fascist left. For the last few years many "protests" wind up being destructive riots, all just to prevent evil people like Condoleezza Rice speak to an audience that wants to listen.

`

Old 08-09-2018, 10:02 PM

5,042 posts, read 2,146,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
...Said like a true fascist.

You missed your true calling since you would have been great under Joseph Goebbels or even under Joseph Stalin himself.

I have to ask you one question since you're obviously sided with the domestic terrorist group called "AntiFa." Why do they hide their identity with masks and black hoodies? Pretty much like the KKK, and like the KKK, AntiFa is a bunch of punk-@zz cowards who have to hide behind a mask so mommy doesn't see them and throw them out of the basement... And into the real world.

Sorry, I'm half Black with some Jewish mixed in, so YOUR "Nazi" label doesn't work with me and I'll let you in on a secret... Calling people Nazis or racist doesn't work anymore.

Oh!!! I forgot... I'm retired too, so good luck in trying to "shame" me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies