Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 08:05 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,512,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
I guess LBJ gets a pass for his outrageously famous racist comment.

Hyporcrites!
I've been thinking a lot the past couple of days about the legacy of LBJ - a president beloved by liberals for his attention given to domestic social issues.

He used to crap with the door open while holding conversations with staff members. His language was famously peppered with naughty words.

But ... that was back in the day when people paid attention to actions, not words. In this new Puritanical age of liberalism, traipsing through the streets dressed like a vagina is perfectly acceptable, but coarse language spoken in private isn't.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:06 AM

25,965 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So, this is alleged from two people who were not even there to hear it for themselves?
Gossip has a tendency to change what's actually been said.
Yeah, they will never get that though.

I do agree that we do not need "economic" (mooches off of taxpayers) being brought into the country and these come from 3rd world countries which additionally have a devastating effect on the areas where they settle bringing 3rd world living standards with them.

As long as we have homeless people, including families, and people who choose between eating and buying their medication, etc., just no to economic immigrants and especially those that are here illegally, and countries mentioned do have people here illegally.

Americans First. We can no longer be the dumping ground of the world's poor, we have our own growing population of poor to deal with.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:07 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,981,014 times
Did Trump say this publicly or in private? If publicly, than I agree it is terrible. If in private, big whoop. I am sure MANY presidents have said worse in private. Only difference is, they did not have little leakers running out and tattling.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:07 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,957,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i know two Norwegians who moved here and are now US citizens. both got fed up with the state trying to protect them (for example, an eddie murphy standup video, once it went thru Norwegian censors, lost 80% of its total content) and both were big firearms fans.
And what's their opinion on the American version of censorship? - blood, gore and violence are perfectly OK, but people get all up in arms when they see a woman breastfeed in public.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:08 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Trump is now claiming he didn't say it. BUT BUT BUT -- if he didn't -- why didn't the White House release a statement yesterday about this. They have an army of media people to deal with these things.

He said it. Can't own it.....and is now having to lie about it.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:09 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump's remarks strengthened the Dems position. The pubs will now have to accede to their demands (for a vote on the bipartisan agreement) or the government will be shutting down next week and it will be on Trump.
Maybe I’m not seeing the big picture but in my mind you are correct and Trump is hurting his chances on getting his agenda into motion every time he spouts off whether it’s the truth or not. I mean what he said is the truth. Everyone knows it.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:10 AM

2,768 posts, read 1,585,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.2d786b43d389

Quotes like this (which we hear all the time) are the reason the KKK and the American Nazi party supported him. And this is who the Evangelical "Christians" support? Really? (Facepalm)

C'mon Republicans, is this how you want to be seen? Because these days you are.
He wants an immigration system similar to what Canada has.

That makes Trump and Republicans like the KKK and Nazis?

Get a freaking grip.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:10 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Trump is now claiming he didn't say it. BUT BUT BUT -- if he didn't -- why didn't the White House release a statement yesterday about this. They have an army of media people to deal with these things.

He said it. Can't own it.....and is now having to lie about it.
If it wasn’t an official, public statement the President didn’t say it. That is one of the oldest rules.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:11 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,784,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Well there you go -- 2 Norwegians represent a country.

With that logic -- 2 Haitians or 2 Africans who are professionals should convince everyone that people from these areas can be assets to our community right?
I was born and raised in The Netherlands, another one of those liberal utopia countries. I moved to the States because of the high taxation, the terrible health care, the nanny behavior of the government and the rampant corruption with the welfare state. You know, exactly what the liberals envision for us.

And people in The Netherlands wants nothing to do with the Polish (they happen to be mostly Caucasian), since they are less educated and bring crime with them.

Sounds familiar?

Old 01-12-2018, 08:12 AM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,784,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump's remarks strengthened the Dems position. The pubs will now have to accede to their demands (for a vote on the bipartisan agreement) or the government will be shutting down next week and it will be on Trump.
The democrats will shutdown the government to protect 800,000 illegals? Bring it on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies