Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Trump's statement?
Yes 229 48.21%
No 246 51.79%
Voters: 475. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 07:28 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Do none of these GOP congress members have kids?? Grandkids?? Do they think it is OK for the sitting president to say ****hole? Do trump voters think it's OK for their kids to say ****hole? Just wondering.
Which recent President do you think did not talk like that? Maybe Carter and Bush?

Personally I don't curse or like cursing but my vote was based upon policy not language.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:28 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,951,155 times
Maybe if the Clinton Foundation had actually used the donations they received for Haiti instead of for lining their own pockets, Haiti wouldn't be such a s***hole.

Not politically correct, and not even sure this was even said, but no denying the facts. Why should we take in uneducated people from a crime ridden, impoverished country?

Old 01-12-2018, 07:29 AM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
I can’t believe anyone is actually defending this scumbag.

Oh wait, yes I can...

Old 01-12-2018, 07:30 AM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
I can’t believe anyone is actually defending this scumbag.

Oh wait, yes I can...
Can you please tell me the CONFIRMED source that reported that he said this???? I haven't found one yet... the WP article does not list nor say the source

Old 01-12-2018, 07:31 AM

152 posts, read 134,633 times
I think this would be a wonderful opportunity to pause for a moment and give thanks for the many great
contributions of the Black community and their culture to our society. Their peaceful and generous nature makes them ideal neighbors, lending testimony to their exceptional family values and parenting skills unrivaled by any other culture.

Their commitment to academic excellence enriches our schools and serves as an example to all who hope to
achieve prominence as a people. Real Estate values are fueled by the influx of African Americans into an area due to their caring and respectful nurturing of these communities, an example of all they have achieved by their enthusiasm for self-improvement through hard work and a self-reliant can-do nature. Without their industrious and creative drive, we would be poorer as a nation.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:32 AM

693 posts, read 357,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
LOL....the same posters that mock states like Mississippi etc. for being crappy with low test scores, low incomes, high levels of poverty etc etc etc....now are upset when people say it about a foreign country?

LMFAO.
Once again, you are missing the point.

It's not the comment about the country....it's the comment about not wanting them to be here. BIG DIFFERENCE.

It's different to say that Mississippi is trash......versus saying why would we want people from Mississippi in our state. Big difference.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-12-2018 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 01-12-2018, 07:33 AM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Do none of these GOP congress members have kids?? Grandkids?? Do they think it is OK for the sitting president to say ****hole? Do trump voters think it's OK for their kids to say ****hole? Just wondering.

Well, we are all just a bunch of deplorables.....remember ?

Old 01-12-2018, 07:34 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,576,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbernard View Post
Once again, you are missing the point.

It's not the comment about the country....it's the comment about not wanting them to be here. BIG DIFFERENCE.

It's different to say that Mississippi is trash......versus saying why would we want people from Mississippi in our state. Big difference.
What's wrong with that?

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-12-2018 at 08:01 AM..

Old 01-12-2018, 07:34 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes this doesn't sound like Trump at all, didn't he say that Mexico sends us rapist and murderers .

Not this again! For the umpteenth time Mexico doesn't "send" legal immigrants they come on their own with papers in hand and they aren't the problem. It is those here illegally that are and not all of them are those things. Now, are you and yours going to keep repeating this nonsense a year, 5 years, 10 years from now? It's getting old!

Old 01-12-2018, 07:36 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Half of all African and Carribean migrants are on welfare. 73% of central/south americans are on welfare.
https://cis.org/Report/Welfare-Use-I...ive-Households
Bad choice of a source, even Cato which is a right leaning libertarian think tank disputes those findings.
https://www.cato.org/blog/center-imm...nt-welfare-use
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Trump also proposed increasing immigration from East Asia. This has nothing to do with race and everything to do with looking out for our best economic interests. Importing poor people(whether that have some phony African college degree or not) is not in our best interests. With automation we have a shrinking number of low skilled work available that Americans have to compete for. We also do not have an infinite amount of resources. We need people who are going to be net contributors, people with needed skills, people with capital.
Do you really think that his liking Asians makes his racism toward black and brown people any less disgusting? Geezus
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies