Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 08:23 PM

5,224 posts, read 5,018,002 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
As an enthusiast, the tanks will ALWAYS be full. However I plan on up-sizing with my next purchase... a 6000lb truck!!! I have a bio-diesel lab in the works and I will be powering my truck off of that hopefully.

Then there are those of use who will keep rebuilding our cars until we die I think there are a lot of people gung-ho about economic cars that are forgetting to look at it from an enthusiasts point of view. Its like replacing a breeder's thoroughbred with a draft animal.

Well sure.. you can do that after you buy it and that's fine.. no one will stop ya!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2008, 09:25 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,205,003 times
If someone wishes to lug around a monster vehicle that gets 8 mpg and holds 30 gallons of fuel, then I say, have at it buddy. If you can afford it, then by all means let it rip.

It would be nice however to be able to go to any car dealer and have a larger choice of vehicles that get from 8-50 mpg. I find it rather sadly humorous that even good gas millage vehicles today are getting about the same mpg as they were in 1980's.

Of all the things man has accomplished in his tenure on this planet thus far, he is still driving around in buggies that are using essentially 19th century technology. Sure, the motors of today are far more powerful and efficient than they were in 1890's, but they are still reciprocating internal combustion engines.

In the meantime, my current vehicle already exceeds what they are trying to achieve and I suspect by the time any laws are passed to this effect, my next vehicle will be getting 10-20% better fuel economy than what I am driving now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies