Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 06:27 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,499,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Whose fault is that? The one scorned or the kids of parents that don't teach them what others do is really none of their business?

Assigning blame is pointless, pknopp, as it won't change anything for the victims of bigots and bullies. Who taught what to whom is irrelevant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2015, 07:31 PM

18,981 posts, read 9,157,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahrie View Post
Assigning blame is pointless, pknopp, as it won't change anything for the victims of bigots and bullies. Who taught what to whom is irrelevant.
There will always be bigots and bullies, but you only strengthen them and increase their power by caving into their bigotry. As a culture we accept many things today that were completely unacceptable a few generations ago, and so it will be with same sex parents in the coming years. Social norms change and progress with the times, and it's always the bigots who end up left behind.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
There will always be bigots and bullies, but you only strengthen them and increase their power by caving into their bigotry. As a culture we accept many things today that were completely unacceptable a few generations ago, and so it will be with same sex parents in the coming years. Social norms change and progress with the times, and it's always the bigots who end up left behind.

Essentially I agree with you, JAMS, however, regardless how any of us feel about the individual people involved, there's nothing 'normal' about homosexuality - a quick look at any biology textbook will tell anyone that.

Social norms/predilections and biological facts are two different animals.

Lest you think me prejudiced, please know that I have a daughter who is a lesbian, although she has chosen to live in a practical heterosexual relationship for the past sixteen years. (She can tolerate the sexual intimacy with her long-time friend and partner, but she doesn't enjoy it.) She is also a mother, and I couldn't love her more.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Essentially I agree with you, JAMS, however, regardless how any of us feel about the individual people involved, there's nothing 'normal' about homosexuality - a quick look at any biology textbook will tell anyone that.

Social norms/predilections and biological facts are two different animals.

Lest you think me prejudiced, please know that I have a daughter who is a lesbian, although she has chosen to live in a practical heterosexual relationship for the past sixteen years. (She can tolerate the sexual intimacy with her long-time friend and partner, but she doesn't enjoy it.) She is also a mother, and I couldn't love her more.
Being a homosexual is normal for homosexuals. Ask your daughter.

Old 11-23-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Being a homosexual is normal for homosexuals. Ask your daughter.

And being obese is normal for attendees of Weight Watchers' meetings -- that doesn't mean that it's the way the human body was designed to be.

Being sociopathic is normal amongst sociopaths, but that doesn't change the fact that those in that class have a type of brain damage than makes them unfit to function normally (and safely) in society.

Homosexuality is an aberration of nature and it will never be 'normal.'

Old 11-23-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
And being obese is normal for attendees of Weight Watchers' meetings -- that doesn't mean that it's the way the human body was designed to be.

Being sociopathic is normal amongst sociopaths, but that doesn't change the fact that those in that class have a type of brain damage than makes them unfit to function normally (and safely) in society.

Wow, I feel very sorry for your daughter if you compare her normal state of being--you know, the way your God made her--to being obese or a sociopath. Do you tell her she is an "aberration of nature" too? Luckily, bigotry isn't hereditary, so there's hope for her. And sad for you, the world will progress whether you approve or not.

It's amusing that our conversation started off with you lamenting the poor victims of "bigots and bullies." Turns out you are that which you pretend to rail against.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:19 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,170,026 times
Quote:

There are many "aberrations" in humans that are not given a second thought.

Why single out the "aberration" of same-sex sexual attraction?

Homosexuality occurs at the same percentage in the animal kingdom as it does in human beings. That fact alone contradicts the label of aberration.

It's perfectly normal to have a certain percentage of the population that are homosexual. Nature shows us this. Therefore it is 100% natural and normal.

Old 11-23-2015, 10:44 PM

369 posts, read 194,707 times
The best outcome is for the biological parents to do what they need to reclaim their daughter. But if that cannot happen, it is patently wrong to discriminate against qualified same-sex couples as adoptive parents.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:09 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,322,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
A Utah judge has ordered that a foster child being raised by a lesbian couple be taken away and given to a heterosexual couple. There is nothing in Utah law where the sexual preferences of foster parents matters, The judge did this because, he believes, it is better for the child. These strikes me as outrageous. Do conservatives support this kind of judicial activism?

Utah lesbian couple speaks out on Judge Scott Johansen's order to remove baby - CBS News
Here is the deal. Years ago I said lets find out what happens to kids with gays.
Do more of them want to be or claim being gay with gay parents?
Are more of them in trouble?

Or are gays great parents and are the kids doing real well and not getting gender confused by them?

Do we have results on this yet?

Either gays will get lots more kids or they may be stripped of them based on what the data is IMO.

I am unbiased going in about this though because so many kids need homes.

Old 11-23-2015, 11:20 PM

4,530 posts, read 5,170,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Here is the deal. Years ago I said lets find out what happens to kids with gays.
Do more of them want to be or claim being gay with gay parents?
Are more of them in trouble?

Or are gays great parents and are the kids doing real well and not getting gender confused by them?

Do we have results on this yet?

Either gays will get lots more kids or they may be stripped of them based on what the data is IMO.

I am unbiased going in about this though because so many kids need homes.

Studies overwhelmingly show that LGBT adopted children are at no disadvantage when compared to children adopted by heterosexual couples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies