Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 01:56 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,916,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Show me a quote from any elected Democrat that said " Sharia Law is OK." If you like, cite anywhere in the U.S. Sharia Law has even be considered.

You just make $hit up and try to pass it off as reality.
It starts with something like this:

US: Seattle Mayor Proposes Sharia Law Compliant Housing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 04:09 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,715,505 times
If eating pork is against their religion, I wonder whether the crimes they committed also weren't against their religion...what happened? suddenly found religion?

Old 10-11-2015, 05:18 PM

358 posts, read 283,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
If eating pork is against their religion, I wonder whether the crimes they committed also weren't against their religion...what happened? suddenly found religion?
You made me spill the hot chocolate on my key board

Christianity is basically the only religion that is against violence of any kind... I read the Jewish bible and the Quran and was frightened that people even believe and 'observe' that thing

Old 10-11-2015, 05:26 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,340,403 times
Shouldn't the "Separation of Church and State" be invoked here? Why is the government kowtowing to Muslims dietary restrictions?

Feed them pork! Better yet, don't feed them any meat at all. Feed them beans and corn bread every day! They don't deserve special treatment.

Old 10-11-2015, 05:30 PM

358 posts, read 283,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Shouldn't the "Separation of Church and State" be invoked here? Why is the government kowtowing to Muslims dietary restrictions?

Feed them pork! Better yet, don't feed them any meat at all. Feed them beans and corn bread every day! They don't deserve special treatment.
Jews are mentioned too

Old 10-11-2015, 07:37 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,192,191 times
Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Seriously? You have no sense of humor.

People who have no regard for the laws of our society can also disregard the laws of their culture. If you want to be free, don't go to jail. Jail is the opposite of free. BTW, I am Jewish.
And the bold means what exactly?

Are you arguing that because someone breaks societal law, that it should be fine for them to break laws of God as well?

Old 10-11-2015, 07:40 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,192,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
What political party was going after Ben Carson for saying that Sharia Law is not compatible with our government?

Ben Carson explains concerns with a Muslim president - CNNPolitics.com
Ben Carson doesn't eat pork either, btw. His religion, which is a branch of Christianity, follows Biblical dietary laws.

Old 10-11-2015, 07:54 PM

29,609 posts, read 16,595,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
just like oil, the price of pork goes up and down. I do not see the feds stop using oil anytime soon.
beef, and corn also goes up and down too, corn is worth more than pork is with all the alchohol plants in use, I do not see the feds getting rid of corn.
Pork is elastic and can be substituted. Oil is not.

try driving a gas powered car with water if you wish though.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:11 PM

27,696 posts, read 16,186,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Pork is elastic and can be substituted. Oil is not.

try driving a gas powered car with water if you wish though.
Beef is on the menu 4 days a week. Been grocery shopping in the last few years? Not exactly a cheap alternative. So the notion that it was for cost effectiveness is bunk.
Quote:
we welcome the change because it’s facilitating the accommodation of Muslim
inmates
ding ding ding Move over bacon, make way for islamization!

Old 10-11-2015, 08:51 PM

29,609 posts, read 16,595,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Beef is on the menu 4 days a week. Been grocery shopping in the last few years? Not exactly a cheap alternative. So the notion that it was for cost effectiveness is bunk.
ding ding ding Move over bacon, make way for islamization!
Please read my post, I did not actual advocate in favor of beef over pork, I only responded to someone who said that they werent getting ride of oil.

that person seems to not understand that one can be replaced where as the other one can not.

Beef is cheaper than pork in reality as Beef can be used multiple ways and combined with other dishes. A Taco salad with beef is likely not even a hand full of beef(or even one full serving of beef). it likely cost less per pond than pork does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies