Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2015, 04:03 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,994,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post

Stick up for Muslims?

There are Jews and Christians who do not eat pork. I am the latter.

Read a book.
They don't seem to be the ones asking for it to be removed. My guess not many Christians are in the prison.......

“In general we welcome the change because it’s facilitating the accommodation of Muslim inmates,” said Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the country’s largest Muslim civil rights advocacy group. “We hope it’s not an indication of an increasing number of Muslims in the prison system.”

Try reading the article.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2015, 06:56 PM

15,059 posts, read 6,228,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
They don't seem to be the ones asking for it to be removed. My guess not many Christians are in the prison.......

“In general we welcome the change because it’s facilitating the accommodation of Muslim inmates,” said Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the country’s largest Muslim civil rights advocacy group. “We hope it’s not an indication of an increasing number of Muslims in the prison system.”

Try reading the article.
Actually, YOU should read the article. The article clearly states that prisoners generally don't like the taste of the pork being served.

Of course Muslims who are incarcerated find it a positive change. So what?

Old 10-12-2015, 07:42 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,458,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
All it's going to take is a group of blacks to have a riot to get bacon and this thing should be done with.

As a young man, I bought bulk foods for the BOP for prisons so I know that they are quite likely to have protests and fights in the prison from the Muslims and Obama making this decision.
You meant to say chitlins.

El Nox

Old 10-12-2015, 07:42 PM

37,845 posts, read 41,204,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Dont kid yourself, we know what this is all about.. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...deral-prisons/
Move over bacon, make way for islamization
I think they should get Michelle Obama school meals.

Old 10-13-2015, 06:45 AM

6,804 posts, read 4,526,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Actually, YOU should read the article. The article clearly states that prisoners generally don't like the taste of the pork being served.

Of course Muslims who are incarcerated find it a positive change. So what?

And we say the reasons and excuses are BS! We are a bacon-loving nation... all except the Muslims, of course, who are offended by the mere odor of it being cooked. God forbid we should force our Muslim inmates to suffer the abusive scent of bacon being fried in the Mess Hall.
This ban has NOTHING to do with finances.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:32 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,349,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
And we say the reasons and excuses are BS! We are a bacon-loving nation... all except the Muslims, of course, who are offended by the mere odor of it being cooked. God forbid we should force our Muslim inmates to suffer the abusive scent of bacon being fried in the Mess Hall.
This ban has NOTHING to do with finances.
And the Jews, who also don't eat pork.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:52 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,483,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
All of those who don't eat pork already had alternatives to pick from. I think they should have been forced to eat whatever was being served or starve.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:55 AM

6,804 posts, read 4,526,437 times
Quote:

I'm sure you're smart enough to understand that this isn't about the Jewish inmates.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:57 AM

18,542 posts, read 15,378,384 times
Quote:
As long as we are repeating ourselves, Jews have been here a long time and this hasn't been an issue until just now. I would like to see some statistics on the percentage of practicing Jews that make up the prison population vs the percentage of Muslims.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:00 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,349,910 times
I think this is the first time I've seen so many conservatives on this site advocate for keeping pork even though it's more expensive. I thought Republicans were all about lowering government spending.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies