Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 09:27 AM

27,887 posts, read 16,401,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Apparently no one going on and on about budget has actually read the article....where they mention that the cost of pork has gone up, thus this saves money.

And no its not about the islamization of America. What nonsense.
from the article
Quote:
“In general we welcome the change because it’s facilitating the accommodation of
Muslim inmates,” said Ibrahim Hooper, a spokesman for the Council on
American-Islamic Relations
pork is about as cheap as it gets and currently at a 4 year low Pork Prices Drop as Hog Herds Recover - WSJ
prison is fertile for islamic conversion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conver...n_U.S._prisons
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2015, 09:32 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,563,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Dont kid yourself, we know what this is all about.. https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...deral-prisons/
Move over bacon, make way for islamization
Sickening! Infuriating! If they won't eat pork, let them have an extra scoop of beans and go on about serving the rest. Better yet

Old 10-11-2015, 09:32 AM

13,732 posts, read 9,091,234 times
I read the original article from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram the other day, and I also found it hard to believe that the Feds determined that prisoners do not care for pork.

I imagine that the change is simply due to the Federal prison system being tired of being sued by inmates claiming that there Constitutional rights are being violated by being served pork due to their religious beliefs. Such suits are legion.

I recall one such suit filed by an inmate who complained that his 'rights' were violated by the prison only serving 'chunky' peanut butter, rather than creamy (or vise versa, I can't recall).

As for the 'pork': I imagine that a lot of it has to do with the fact (or so I am led to understand) that, in theory, one must never use a cooking utensil that has touched pork, in preparing a meal for one who does not partake of pork* due to religious reasons.

Though I do not know, I bet that in the past few years there has been a decided uptick in suits claiming a loss of rights due to not having 'gluten free' foods.

*Get out of my head, Homer Simpson! "Hmmmmm, Pork!"

Old 10-11-2015, 09:38 AM

10,650 posts, read 10,787,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Apparently no one going on and on about budget has actually read the article....where they mention that the cost of pork has gone up, thus this saves money.

And no its not about the islamization of America. What nonsense.
Take some time and educate yourselves on the cost of meat. What are the convicts going to eat steaks? Move them to chicken, goat, and peanut butter an jelly? Help out those industry's!

USDA ERS - Meat Price Spreads

Old 10-11-2015, 10:06 AM

358 posts, read 284,909 times
Feed them garbage food waste and animal food

Old 10-11-2015, 10:25 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,981,962 times
Perhaps if our Muslim buddies wouldn't commit federal crimes that wouldn't be an issue. Darn, no more baby back ribs on the smoker? How rude.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:26 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,460,430 times
Here's thought ... if you don't like pork, don't eat it. If you're worried about utensils, form two lines with a different pot for each line. It's not like we are increasing costs here ... these are, after all, THUGS in prison.

But Oduma (the Muzzie) must cater to the Muzzie whims (to include letting them out early).

El Nox

Old 10-11-2015, 10:27 AM

2,055 posts, read 1,460,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Take some time and educate yourselves on the cost of meat. What are the convicts going to eat steaks? Move them to chicken, goat, and peanut butter an jelly? Help out those industry's!

USDA ERS - Meat Price Spreads
You forgot bologna sandwiches.

El Nox

Old 10-11-2015, 10:34 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,414,423 times
Default Feds eliminate Pork from prison menu

Beans three times a day, good enough.

Old 10-11-2015, 10:54 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,502,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
from the article
pork is about as cheap as it gets and currently at a 4 year low Pork Prices Drop as Hog Herds Recover - WSJ
prison is fertile for islamic conversion https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conver...n_U.S._prisons
I noticed you picked "a 4 year low" Why is that I wondered.....

ohhhh....This is why:

Swine (pork) - Monthly Price - Commodity Prices - Price Charts, Data, and News - IndexMundi

So yeah folks....educate yourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies