Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 07:08 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodWayOfDoingThat View Post
In my experience(s) it seems as though the people who are pro-GMO feel they have the right to tell others what they should and shouldn't want to put inside their bodies. All of the people that I know who are for labeling GMO's feel that people have the right to know, and whether or not they choose to eat GMO's after knowing whether or not a food product has GMO is their own personal decision.

It's just this, "Well I don't see anything wrong with GMO's, so neither should you" mentality that gets me. Would anyone be able to clarify or even correct me if my understanding of this is flawed somehow?
We don't.

Eat more expensive "organic" foods. If you are dumb enough to not understand how foods are digested and absorbed into our bodies, then you deserve to pay outlandish prices for food.

I guess you don't realize that most foods we consume have been genetically modified by selective processes such as cross pollination and selective breeding. Such practices result in the same product as GMOs, but through a different process. The end result is the same.

Do you eat rice? Corn? Tomatoes? Apples? All have been genetically modified and bear little resemblence to the "natural" organisms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 07:08 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,159,468 times
Quote:
Birthrates in the U.S. are at an all time low and have plummeted since the inception of GMO's about 20 years ago. Diabetes, obesity, food allergies, and certain types of cancers have increased in that same time... It's a simple Google search dude, "Fertility rate in the U.S.".
Birth rates are low because of economic and societal changes. If you don't see that you aren't looking. Changes in the family structure, especially with women working much longer before considering a family - are key factors.

Birth rate is not the same as fertility rate. You are correlating unrelated issues. Do you have any data that shows people that want children at the same age as people 20 years ago are unable to conceive now? No you don't. Birth rates (NOT fertility rates) in Japan have plummeted because of societal changes. It has nothing to do with the food they eat.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:17 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:
GMO, especially GMO soy is part of the governments plan to sterilize men and thus cause depopulation. Look it up.

Here, I'll re-post what I originally stated and put in bold letters the part that you should re-read.

In regards to all the other garbage you typed, there's a difference between the natural changes that nature goes through over time and creating this frankenstein food in a lab and dousing it with their synthetic insecticides, some of which gets inside the food we're eating. There's a difference between the natural changes nature goes through over the course of hundreds or thousands of years and creating a strand of corn where the insecticide grows inside of it so that when bugs eat it, it explodes their stomachs. Guess what we're eating when we eat such a strand of corn? You think all that insecticide just disappears?

I'll restate it for you to make it clear. I couldn't care less what you eat, or inhale, or drink and what adverse affects they have on you down the road, that's your decision and your right. But my right is to know what I'm putting inside my own body.
So grow your own that is only real way you will know.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,409,326 times
Just an fyi, this OP is trolling several forums.

Old 12-21-2014, 07:25 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Why do not those who wish to not consume GMO products simply ask those who manufacture non-GMO products to label them as such? No need for government. I would think if there are enough delusional and paranoid eaters out there that companies would seek their business.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:03 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why do not those who wish to not consume GMO products simply ask those who manufacture non-GMO products to label them as such? No need for government. I would think if there are enough delusional and paranoid eaters out there that companies would seek their business.
EXACTLY!!
IF there was a large enough market for it, the manufacturers would gladly label NON-GMO foodstuffs as such.
Conversely, since few if any such foodstuffs have such a label, it would appear that such labeling is not economically viable.
There simply isn't a large enough market for it to make it worth the bother to do it!

Old 12-21-2014, 08:10 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
No, people of European descent do not make up "much" less than 80% of the population. 77.7% to be exact, I was just rounding up. It looks as though you've edited your post telling me to move out of the country. As far as when I'm leaving, that's not your business and I don't need your permission or for you to inform me when to move. I'll move when I'm good and damn well ready.
Reading comprehension is at a low ebb, I see...
I said move TO the country, get 10 acres, and grow your own food.
I did not say move OUT of the country.
I also did not give you "permission" to leave, nor did I inform you WHEN to move. I merely encouraged you to do so as soon as possible, and to not wait.

Old 12-21-2014, 08:53 PM

194 posts, read 148,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
We don't.

Eat more expensive "organic" foods. If you are dumb enough to not understand how foods are digested and absorbed into our bodies, then you deserve to pay outlandish prices for food.

I guess you don't realize that most foods we consume have been genetically modified by selective processes such as cross pollination and selective breeding. Such practices result in the same product as GMOs, but through a different process. The end result is the same.

Do you eat rice? Corn? Tomatoes? Apples? All have been genetically modified and bear little resemblence to the "natural" organisms.
We've already been over all of this and I've already explained what it is about GMO's that are harmful. Go back and read this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Reading comprehension is at a low ebb, I see...
I said move TO the country, get 10 acres, and grow your own food.
I did not say move OUT of the country.
I also did not give you "permission" to leave, nor did I inform you WHEN to move. I merely encouraged you to do so as soon as possible, and to not wait.
You told me to move out of the country then you changed it. Also too, you told me not to wait to move and that I should move now. I'll quote it below and put it in bold for you since you seem to have selective memory and easily forget what you typed. I know that you didn't give me permission, I'm leaving whether or not you agree with my decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Wait, run that by again?
Just WHERE did I say anything about moving out of the U.S.?
Regardless, if that is what you wish to do, have at it! Why wait until next year? Go now!
You know, you CAN find areas of the U.S. which have populations that are nearly devoid of people of "European descent". In fact, people of "European descent" make up much less than 80% of the population overall!
But, whatever floats yer boat. Go as soon as possible!

Old 12-21-2014, 09:15 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
It looks like the Corporate Fascists are out in Full Force.

So Much for "Consumer Choice Spiel" where the consumer controls the markets as we have been told in the past. The Corporations that own our government do not want to cater to the market, they want to OWN it.

Growing your own food is taking yourself out of the food market, not changing it through consumer choice.

So far we have Fascist Obama Care where will our forced to prop up the for profit Insurance and Health Industry where shareholders and CEO Pay is the top priority, NOT the citizens medical care and costs.

We have continuing Bank Bail Outs and more unlimited Corporate and Banking Donations.

And Corporate GMO Food being shoved down our throats because they do not want the consumer to know what is and is not GMO Food.

We seriously need to Boot the Fascist Multinational Corporations and Banks out our Government and they need to stand on their own feet as it was intended at the founding of this country.

As long as they are able to purchase politicians over the well being of the rest of the nation, this country will continue to go into the ****ter and the blame lies squarely on the heads of those that support this.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:16 PM

194 posts, read 148,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Birth rates are low because of economic and societal changes. If you don't see that you aren't looking. Changes in the family structure, especially with women working much longer before considering a family - are key factors.

Birth rate is not the same as fertility rate. You are correlating unrelated issues. Do you have any data that shows people that want children at the same age as people 20 years ago are unable to conceive now? No you don't. Birth rates (NOT fertility rates) in Japan have plummeted because of societal changes. It has nothing to do with the food they eat.
It's a combination of all that. The family in America is being destroyed, fertility/testosterone is down, the desire to have a normal family is being skewed by liberals and the affects they're having on society. It's not just one thing, the government has created a perfect storm to lower Americas fertility/birth rate (They are the same and I'm not going to play semantics).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies