Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 07:43 AM

39,186 posts, read 51,565,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Extraterresterials? Alinski? What do these have to do with anything.

Tens of thousands of children are being sent from their countries to America, and more are coming. I think we can all agree on that.

The border is not secure. I think we can all agree on that.

Mexican gang members have come across and are recruiting in the hubs. I think we can all agree on that.

Over 50% and upwards to 70% of our border patrol is being pulled from the borders to assist in these hubs. I think we can all agree on that.

The law states that these children, if they come alone, are to be medically treated, cared for, and then returned to their families in their own countries. We should all agree on that.

If families are coming across together and many are, the law should be followed and they should be turned around at the border and sent back. We should all agree on that.

The law does not provide that American citizens have to provide lawyers. They are free to seek their own attorneys, but we do not have to pay for it. In the meantime, treat them and deport them. We should all agree on that. Of course, immigration attorneys disagree. They see a cash cow at the government's expense.

The border needs to be secured and this could be done with a phone call to get a couple thousand national guard down on the border. Funding needs to be provided, if required, to meet the requirements of the law, nothing more. We should all agree on that.

It is the height of insanity to ask for billions of dollars without stopping the surge across the border. We should all agree on that.

Of course there are always a FEW exceptions.
None of your suggestions will matter in the end unless the laws prohibiting hiring of illegals are vigorously enforced. The big drop in illegal immigration during the recession clearly demonstrated that cross border migration is modulated by the economy. Take away the jobs and the influx will slow to a crawl and many illegally present persons will self deport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2014, 07:47 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,960,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
None of your suggestions will matter in the end unless the laws prohibiting hiring of illegals are vigorously enforced. The big drop in illegal immigration during the recession clearly demonstrated that cross border migration is modulated by the economy. Take away the jobs and the influx will slow to a crawl and many illegally present persons will self deport.
I agree completely and in fact would like to see stiffer penalties for those hiring any undocumented worker. Take away the allure of profit by hiring them and it dries up the demand.

Old 07-13-2014, 07:53 AM

39,186 posts, read 51,565,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I agree completely and in fact would like to see stiffer penalties for those hiring any undocumented worker. Take away the allure of profit by hiring them and it dries up the demand.
On the other hand, though, we are going to have to figure out who will work our farms, process our food, clean our hotels, bus our restaurants, tend our landscaping and a myriad of other services routinely and almost exclusively performed by illegal laborers. The ultimate answer must include enforcement against employers and a means for those employers to get the workers they need legally and without a boat load of paperwork.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:45 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,960,969 times
Quote:
On the other hand, though, we are going to have to figure out who will work our farms, process our food, clean our hotels, bus our restaurants, tend our landscaping and a myriad of other services routinely and almost exclusively performed by illegal laborers. The ultimate answer must include enforcement against employers and a means for those employers to get the workers they need legally and without a boat load of paperwork.
I agree. We need a more streamlined means of allowing workers in legally.

Old 07-13-2014, 08:45 AM

13,299 posts, read 7,910,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I agree. We need a more streamlined means of allowing workers in legally.
Streamlining is illegal.

"On May 17th, 2036, in US Federal Court, David Palmer, a software engineer, appeared before Judge Rex Regis, on a charge of violating Section 249 of the Federal Workplace Code."

A portion of the trial transcript follows:

Judge Regis: Mr. Palmer, pay close attention. Anyone can come up with a solution to a problem. But society exists to facilitate the group-sharing that collectively gives birth to a solution. That’s the whole point.

Palmer: Whereas I keep reverting to the older discredited standard.

Judge Regis: Which is exactly why you are here before me today.

Palmer: It’s not the outcome we care about, it’s how the outcome is achieved.

Judge Regis: Correct. Are we on the same page?

Palmer: Yes, sir. If I come up with a solution to a problem, I demean the entire process. I stand outside the group. I injure others. I’m not employed by the State to prove how smart I am, I’m employed to work with others. This is what having a job means.

Judge Regis: Remember that.

Palmer: If I and other violators simply spewed out our solutions at work, we would seem to make the group unnecessary.

Judge Regis: And that must never happen.

Palmer: “We” is the advanced form of “I.”

Judge Regis: Very good. Use that statement in your confession.

Palmer: I will, sir. And I’ll say it was suggested to me by my colleagues at work.

Judge Regis: Now you’re getting the idea.

Palmer: Solutions are a dime a dozen. Learning how to interact with others is the task before us.

Judge Regis: That task leads us to the next step in evolution.

Palmer: “Group, honor, and full employment.”

Judge Regis: Are you beginning to understand what that slogan means?

Palmer: Yes, sir, I am.

New World citizen on trial « Jon Rappoport's Blog

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 07-13-2014 at 09:01 AM..

Old 07-13-2014, 09:00 AM

2,865 posts, read 3,649,749 times
Here is where your "undocumented immigrants" (read: illegal aliens) are going. They are being "resettled" across the country. Our United States of America is "too white", "too European" don't you know. And don't attack the messenger/news source. If it is happening, it is happening no matter the source to you who LOVE to say that conservative news sources are all sources of fear mongering etc. I know, if it is not on CNN or your liberal news source it didn't happen, right? I hope that these accepting families can provide healthcare, schooling and basic provisions WITHOUT relying on the public dole, which is for LEGAL Americans.

Coming to Nebraska: 200 undocumented children have been placed here - Deena Winter

Old 07-13-2014, 10:27 AM

17,607 posts, read 9,392,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
Here is where your "undocumented immigrants" (read: illegal aliens) are going. They are being "resettled" across the country. Our United States of America is "too white", "too European" don't you know. And don't attack the messenger/news source. If it is happening, it is happening no matter the source to you who LOVE to say that conservative news sources are all sources of fear mongering etc. I know, if it is not on CNN or your liberal news source it didn't happen, right? I hope that these accepting families can provide healthcare, schooling and basic provisions WITHOUT relying on the public dole, which is for LEGAL Americans.

Coming to Nebraska: 200 undocumented children have been placed here - Deena Winter
It's not just that they are being "re-settled" all over the USA ..... it's the Secrecy of the Federal Government. They are trying to hide he entire thing. Governors, Mayors, City leaders - none of them can find out who these "children" are, where they are being housed and who has to pay for their education and welfare benefits.

,” said Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman, a Republican, in an interview. “The federal government is complicit in a secret operation to transfer illegal individuals to my state and they won’t tell us who they are.”

Consider this .... if everything is on the Up & Up ...... then why all the Secrecy?
Why are they putting Gag orders on anyone involved with this Crisis?
Why are Border Patrol Agents being threatened with Firing or Suspension if they talk to any Media?
Why are Doctors and Nurses threatened if they talk about the disease and health issues?
Why are our US Congressmen not even allowed to visit Detention & Military Base centers - only if they are GOP.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:29 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,980,591 times
That is true for adults, but these are children being sent by the tens of thousands who will not be working for some years, except the 30 year olds trying to pass themselves off as 15 year olds. Yours is a separate message upon which we agree.

Quote:

Old 07-13-2014, 11:25 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,980,591 times
Here's an article from the Washington Post I found today. Obama's executive order in 2012 and Bush's 2008 law to protect children who are victims of trafficking are being exploited. Warnings from the border states have been given for over two years. Our representatives, both Democrats and Republicans alike are believing Obama is disengaged. Hopefully he will engage soon.

Border crisis scrambling the politics of immigration policy - The Washington Post

Our representatives work for us. We vote them in or out. As unsurprising as the UN requirement I read about here is, we still have a voice. Contact your representatives and let them know your concerns.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:44 AM

13,299 posts, read 7,910,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
It's not just that they are being "re-settled" all over the USA ..... it's the Secrecy of the Federal Government. They are trying to hide he entire thing. Governors, Mayors, City leaders - none of them can find out who these "children" are, where they are being housed and who has to pay for their education and welfare benefits.

,” said Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman, a Republican, in an interview. “The federal government is complicit in a secret operation to transfer illegal individuals to my state and they won’t tell us who they are.”

Consider this .... if everything is on the Up & Up ...... then why all the Secrecy?
Why are they putting Gag orders on anyone involved with this Crisis?
Why are Border Patrol Agents being threatened with Firing or Suspension if they talk to any Media?
Why are Doctors and Nurses threatened if they talk about the disease and health issues?
Why are our US Congressmen not even allowed to visit Detention & Military Base centers - only if they are GOP.
The States are just gonna hafta secure their borders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies