Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 10:19 PM

4 posts, read 1,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yes, because whenever individual black people behave badly it is an indictment of all black people. It is proof that something is wrong with us that is somehow related to our skin color, and that means we have to address it as a race of people.

How many times do white people act a fool all over this nation?

Yet would anyone ever hint that because some white teens acted a fool at some event that white leaders or white people have to all focus on that incident and fix the white race or fix white people.

It continues to be true that the racial narrative in this nation is that black people need to be fixed. The black race is messed up in a way that is tied to their skin color.

This is a very old argument and way of thinking about black people.
I agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2015, 07:11 PM

73,464 posts, read 63,511,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drlprinc View Post
This sounds ridiculous it seems to me its s way to stop young blacks from
coming to the fair , white kids r wild as u hell but they r not policed the same the drink act the fool but the cops don't bother them they follow black young people around the least thing they r in attack mood, and easly kicked out that's why the cops follow them black because they r not Wanted There.
I've been around drunk people and people who are drunk are quite volatile.

And as a law-abiding Black man, if anyone ever did try to keep Blacks from going to the fair, I would be calling for a lawsuit. Why should the law abiding Blacks pay for the sins of the thugs and ignorant hood rats?

Old 10-17-2015, 07:33 PM

As a Black man, this is how I look at this. The kinds of Black people causing that mayhem at the state fair, those aren't people I hang around with. In fact, I'm the type of person who is more likely to go to festivals by myself. I go alot of places alone. This is what I know. I don't hang out with thugs and hood rats of any race. I don't consider myself a leader. I am not in a position of power. All I can do is do what I'm currently doing. Work, build for my future, and stay out of trouble. As for leaders, I don't look to anyone. I don't expect much from "leaders". Maybe it's the individualist streak in me.

The best I could do with such thugs is this. Turn them all in to the police, if I know who is doing it. Often, people like me won't know because we aren't likely to hang around such types.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:42 PM

4,982 posts, read 3,321,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
This is just a VERY SMALL SAMPLE of the vast number of videos available on youtube and other websites that show just how 'minor' a problem black on non-black violence is that's happening all across the US.
I do not understand why youtube allows those racist videos to stay up.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Youtube allows alot of things to stay up, unless someone flags them and reports them as abuse. I'm more worried about the Black people who are decent and might end up paying the sins of thugs. I don't have a reason not to worry.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:56 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,192,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
They are working on it. Half those videos have already been taken down. Google is working diligently to make the internet a safe space where people can be free to watch videos of cats playing piano without having to worry they might accidentally see something that will give them hate thoughts.

Old 10-17-2015, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
They are working on it. Half those videos have already been taken down. Google is working diligently to make the internet a safe space where people can be free to watch videos of cats playing piano without having to worry they might accidentally see something that will give them hate thoughts.
I already watched some things that gave me some hateful thoughts. I stopped watching those videos because it was poisoning me mentally. I'm already half high-strung, why do I need more hate pumped into my head? What good does it do for me?

Old 11-16-2015, 09:38 AM

Why are only Blacks expected to take responsibility for thugs on the occasion thugs do stupid things?

Old 11-16-2015, 10:23 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,901,514 times
Race is such a stupid thing. It doesn't matter if black people or white people or whatever are committing a statistically disproportionate number of violent crimes, or riots or whatever. There is no solution to be found in race.

"It's always blacks in the mobs mugging people and rioting!" So? How does pointing a finger and saying "It's 'cause they're black!" do anything? Blackness isn't a thing that needs solving. Blackness isn't what the problem is.

Anyone who denies there IS a culture that lacks moral guidelines and empathy is just plain silly. The culture that shapes a person's mind to run through a family fun fair and attack people... or riot at a surf contest... or whatever... is the problem.

How do you change a culture? Someone here said it would take multiple generations to straighten everything out in this country, and I agree, quite frankly. Should they throw more money at "community programs" or schools? Should bad parenting be against the law somehow? Forced sterilization for people who prove themselves to be unfit parents?

Such-n-such group, or this or that societal demographic... it's all BS. It's flat out impossible to take an entire group of people who have this culture and mentality of it being okay to attack a fair or riot at an event or terrorize a mall or whatever and somehow transform them into reasonable, empathetic, upstanding, responsible people.

The only hope is with each individual. And how the hell do you fix that?

Old 11-16-2015, 11:05 AM

79,577 posts, read 61,784,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why are only Blacks expected to take responsibility for thugs on the occasion thugs do stupid things?
Because if the Sheriff is rounding up pepper spraying, arresting etc. blacks at the state fair he could be accused of targeting blacks and being racist.

By reaching out to the black community he's establishing a dialogue and bringing awareness.

I honestly can't believe we are having this discussion about him being *bad* for engaging the black community after the Univ of Missouri stuff just last week

P.S. I'm a little surprised you called them thugs. Around here calling someone "thug" is allegedly racist code speak too.

Otherwise, I completely agree with you and share most of your own values on things like take care of yourself.

Just lately, public officials that don't involve the community get in trouble for that. You might not like it but it's their reality in public office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies