Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 02:01 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,380,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
I dont think he cares, he was very big in the 70's and a little in the 80's but his movies havent made much money in many years.he is a sick perv that will spend the rest of his days crying all the way to the bank.
Nonsense...Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Blue Jasmine are recent. Both did well and Blue Jasmine in particular is a masterpiece of filmmaking.

Sick perv? Meh...don't understand how you'd know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 03:56 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,705,382 times
I find it disgusting and utterly sick to my stomach the way Hollywood loonies defend this man! Its bad enough with Roman Polanski!

Only in Hollywood among the most liberal of liberal elites can such a person be defended.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:01 PM

33,386 posts, read 35,026,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Manhattan, Crimes and Misdemeanors, and Annie Hall are all in my Top 5 of all time. He's THAT important to me. My favorite director ever..

Not to mention his love for jazz and his tireless work for the preservation of it.

So I'm highly prejudiced in his favor. Produce some evidence beyond accusations, and I'll listen. His ex understandably has it out for him...and his kids hate him based a lot on that relationship.

But I love the guy...a lot.
the front is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
I find it disgusting and utterly sick to my stomach the way Hollywood loonies defend this man! Its bad enough with Roman Polanski!

Only in Hollywood among the most liberal of liberal elites can such a person be defended.
roman polanski had been ARRESTED for crimes committed, and he left the country to avoid prosecution. there has yet to be any charges posted against woody allen. so until charges are preferred, there has been no commission of a crime, and thus woody allen is guilty of NOTHING. is he a sleezebag for marrying farrows adopted daughter? i dont know since he never participated in the adoption.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:16 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,323,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
20 years ago Woody Allen walked free and was never charged with molesting his daughter.
She has now written about her abuse and is calling out Hollywood stars who were in his films.

What’s your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.

"What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?"

An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow
http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ype=blogs&_r=0
There are exceptions to everything and this is an over simplification, but generally speaking there is a hierarchy in this society.

Rich powerful white dudes are on top of the hierarchy. This means that in this society they get away with more are punished less, have more excuses made for their behavior, are given more chances after messing up, are generally valued more than other people, viewed as more honest, hard working, intelligent, blah, blah, blah.

Of the groups of people at the bottom of the hierarchy children are definitely one of those groups.

Generally speaking, people will believe an adult over just about any child, you start adding in rich, white, educated, powerful, famous, etc then that child is even less likely to be believed.

Not saying that Woody Allen is guilty, but the reality is that if anyone is going to be given the benefit of the doubt a second third or fourth chance, it will be a rich white dude.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:01 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,610,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post

Ted Nugent says hello.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:53 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,380,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the front is one of my favorite movies of all time.

roman polanski had been ARRESTED for crimes committed, and he left the country to avoid prosecution. there has yet to be any charges posted against woody allen. so until charges are preferred, there has been no commission of a crime, and thus woody allen is guilty of NOTHING. is he a sleezebag for marrying farrows adopted daughter? i dont know since he never participated in the adoption.
The Front is a great little film. Boy, it made me cry when Hecky killed himself because he couldn't get work.

The genius of the film is how it covers a very serious time in our history with comedy without trivializing it.

Woody Allen does what I wish other filmmakers would (if they could) do...get a great ensemble cast and tell a great human interest story with incredible depth. No stupid ass explosions, CGI crap, or any of that special effects nonsense. Just get a cast, a story, a great city setting, and watch characters weave in and out of each other's lives while telling their own stories.

He's the best...the very best. When he's gone, people will wish that they hadn't taken his genius for granted.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:00 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,705,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
It seems Liberals only have problems with child molesters they disagree with. Polanski and Allen should have never been able to work again, but apparently pedophilia is pretty rampant in Hollywood. Corey Feldman has often discussed this problem that's swept under the rug.

Kids are far, far more likely to be molested by a teacher than a Priest. But don't let that stop the absurd rants that Priests are all evil child molesters, while teachers are all perfect, underpaid saints.
True.

Despite the claim people keep making, molestation in The Catholic Church is not really as common as they try to make it out to be. It does happen, and the Catholic Church certainly does need to do a better job at protecting children, but it still isn't rampant.

This thread is not about the Catholic Church, its about Hollywood liberals protecting child molestation. Why the Catholic Church was even brought up I have no idea.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:55 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,596,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Only Mia adopted the girl. The Soon-Yi aspect is the biggest non-story of this whole gigantic non-story.
Andre Previn was and is Soon-Yi's adoptive father. Both Farrow and Soon-Yi have publicly stated that Woody Allen was never a father figure, in any sense of the word, to Soon-Yi.

Allen and Soon-Yi were 56 and 21, respectively, when they married. Frank Sinatra and Mia Farrow were 50 and 21. Don't recall anyone calling Sinatra a pervert.

Several posters mentioned Roman Polanski. Interestingly Mia Farrow remains one of his good friends and staunch defenders to this day. Talk about glass houses.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:29 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,643,500 times
Movie watching public? That dude hasn't produced movies in years.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:58 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,091,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Manhattan, Crimes and Misdemeanors, and Annie Hall are all in my Top 5 of all time. He's THAT important to me. My favorite director ever..

Not to mention his love for jazz and his tireless work for the preservation of it.

So I'm highly prejudiced in his favor. Produce some evidence beyond accusations, and I'll listen. His ex understandably has it out for him...and his kids hate him based a lot on that relationship.

But I love the guy...a lot.
Evidence? LOL.........proof is in the pudding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies