Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 06:31 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh look another liberal not caring about a child molester..........what a shocker.......not.
I'm a liberal, and I refuse to watch his films. If one comes on TV, I change the channel. No VHS tapes or DVDs of any Woody Allen film in this house.

He's a sicko pervert and it wouldn't surprise me if he DID molest his daughter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 06:36 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
20 years ago Woody Allen walked free and was never charged with molesting his daughter.
She has now written about her abuse and is calling out Hollywood stars who were in his films.

What’s your favorite Woody Allen movie? Before you answer, you should know: when I was seven years old, Woody Allen took me by the hand and led me into a dim, closet-like attic on the second floor of our house. He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.

"What if it had been you, Emma Stone? Or you, Scarlett Johansson? You knew me when I was a little girl, Diane Keaton. Have you forgotten me?"

An Open Letter From Dylan Farrow
http://kristof.blogs.nytimes.com/201...ype=blogs&_r=0
No

Woody Allen is a leftist and the left will support him, regardless of his being a pedophile. Witness the massive support for Roman Polanski and every other deviant in Hollywood, and you will know that Allen will be just fine.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:05 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,908,149 times
I still believe in the legal system. I don't believe the accusations. Until I hear testimony in court and the evidence, he's still not guilty to me.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:27 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No

Woody Allen is a leftist and the left will support him, regardless of his being a pedophile. Witness the massive support for Roman Polanski and every other deviant in Hollywood, and you will know that Allen will be just fine.

Seriously? I don't support him, nor do I support Polanski.

Try to put the broad brush down.

Old 02-03-2014, 08:49 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,018 times
It seems Liberals only have problems with child molesters they disagree with. Polanski and Allen should have never been able to work again, but apparently pedophilia is pretty rampant in Hollywood. Corey Feldman has often discussed this problem that's swept under the rug.

Kids are far, far more likely to be molested by a teacher than a Priest. But don't let that stop the absurd rants that Priests are all evil child molesters, while teachers are all perfect, underpaid saints.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:13 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Who is Woody Allen, and why should I care what he did or does?
I have managed quite well ignoring him (and his relatives) for many years, I see no reason to change now.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:24 PM

1,738 posts, read 2,077,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Only after he's proven guilty.

[as it is supposed to be]
yeah, on her word only, and no actual physical evidence...everybody wants his head but if they ever were themselves accused in this manner or had a loved one accused w/no evidence other than the accuser's testimony, they'd be crying foul

Old 02-03-2014, 02:38 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,453,117 times
For a group so proudly skeptical of most media, you sure get your panties in a bunch about what's happening w/ Hollyweird:
• Duck Dynasty
• MSNBC shenanigans
• Super Bowl Coke commercial
• Ted Nugent
• Woody Allen

Maybe step away from the remote once in a while.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:43 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
It seems Liberals only have problems with child molesters they disagree with. Polanski and Allen should have never been able to work again, but apparently pedophilia is pretty rampant in Hollywood. Corey Feldman has often discussed this problem that's swept under the rug.

Kids are far, far more likely to be molested by a teacher than a Priest. But don't let that stop the absurd rants that Priests are all evil child molesters, while teachers are all perfect, underpaid saints.
The problem with the molestation in the Catholic Church was their long attempts at covering up. Not only did they cover it up they simply moved a priest they knew was a danger to be around kids to somewhere else he was going to be a danger to kids.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:44 PM

1 posts, read 804 times
How do I open a forum I can't figure it out
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies