Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2013, 09:54 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,888,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Actually, I did.
The CBO and OMB disagree with whatever you think you know.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...ssets/hist.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 09:54 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
No. I never alluded to that, stop trying to say something I did not say, or putting words in people's mouths.
I was responding to someone else's post about having a 401K, IRA and such were never mentioned, furthermore, people earning minimum wage don't have the luxury of setting aside anything, if they did, they wouldn't be needing SNAP and EBT.

I see that conservatives like you still don't understand, or get it. There's no help for cons living inside their little bubble.
But they can sure get to Walmart and have their nice clothes and designer sneakers.
Cry me a river about how they have "nothing".

They choose to spend that money rather than invest that money.

Texas EBT cards are being used in FL, CA and Hawaii to buy food.
How the hell are they getting to these cities from Texas if they "have nothing left" ?

Old 11-17-2013, 10:06 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,100,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
More vacuous rationalization for being unable to craft a legitimate response to moral repudiation of perspectives that you prefer. Please try expressing a moral thought in your next reply, rather than just self-serving avaricious claptrap, so it too won't be vacuous.
How many of these nifty little paragraphs that talk a lot and say nothing do you have saved as a Word file so you can just copy and paste them over and over?

Repeating it again and again does not give it any more weight than it had the first time, which was practically nil.

Nice little world you live in. I'm sure.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:13 AM

26,527 posts, read 15,097,583 times
Quote:

Oh, and another crock of bull dung.

People like you said the same thing when immigrants came from Europe trying to escape their war torn homelands.
It is a fact. What does whether or not people are fleeing a war torn country have to do with math?

If you let in millions and millions of people in with no wealth, then mathematically "wealth inequality" will grow...FACT. As you now have millions of more people with no wealth making the disparity larger.

If you want to be oblivious to math that is fine, but you look like a fool.

I didn't say we should or shouldn't let them in. I am saying factually, if you let in millions and millions of people with no wealth -- wealth inequality will grow. Think. That doesn't mean they are stuck with no wealth or their kids will be stuck with no wealth forever...but it is the primary driver in the growth of wealth inequality -- just as wage stagnation is merely from low skill-low wage immigrants, while individual wages have increased.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:15 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,938,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
My son is 22 with a part time job and has a portfolio of stocks.
Ever hear of DRIP ?
He sends off $25 a month to these companies and has been since he started working.

Ever hear of an IRA account at the bank ?

You seem to think people need thousands up front to start accumulating wealth.
Couldn't be further from the truth.
Yeah, but plenty have done this. Doesn't deal with those running the show though. One can slowly tuck away over the course of years and have that disappear rather quickly with an economic implosion, nm the other ways one's wealth can be targeted by the same controllers.

The reality is the ones running the show are benefiting the most. This last implosion isn't the first and from the looks of things won't be the last.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,541,572 times
Quote:
Of course you can back all of this up with some kind of proof.

More bull dung I suspect.

Don't you right wingers ever get sick and tired of spreading lies and misinformation?

Alleging widespread welfare fraud again? You must listen and watch O'Reilly a lot.
Try reading outside the scope of narrow left leaning websites.

Food stamp beneficiaries using Lone Star cards in Hawaii and other vacation hotspots; state investigating: Featured video | Texas Watchdog
Indeed, there was more than $140,000 in Lone Star Card spending in December alone in California; in Alaska that same month, $40,000.
Stephanie Goodman, a spokesperson for the Department of Health and Human Services, the agency that monitors food stamps and welfare benefits in Texas, agreed.

"It raised the same questions with us, especially since we found spending in Hawaii, which was an odd one," Goodman said.

But, Goodman said her department is investigating why people are spending tens of thousands of dollars every month in vacation spots like Hawaii, California, New York and Florida.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The CBO and OMB disagree with whatever you think you know.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...ssets/hist.pdf
Since you apparently don't grasp what that is not sure how you can draw that conclusion, but you are entitled to it.
I am well aware of the reports by the various agencies and offices. If you cannot be bothered to go study the accounting and accounting principles and rules then you will remain in the dark.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:22 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,888,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
Since you apparently don't grasp what that is not sure how you can draw that conclusion, but you are entitled to it.
That's the thing, though. It's not "my" conclusion. It's the CBO's and the OMB's conclusion. They very clearly report the federal government's revenue sources.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:26 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,247,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
It is a fact. What does whether or not people are fleeing a war torn country have to do with math?

If you let in millions and millions of people in with no wealth, then mathematically "wealth inequality" will grow...FACT. As you now have millions of more people with no wealth making the disparity larger.

If you want to be oblivious to math that is fine, but you look like a fool.

I didn't say we should or shouldn't let them in. I am saying factually, if you let in millions and millions of people with no wealth -- wealth inequality will grow. Think. That doesn't mean they are stuck with no wealth or their kids will be stuck with no wealth forever...but it is the primary driver in the growth of wealth inequality -- just as wage stagnation is merely from low skill-low wage immigrants, while individual wages have increased.
Wealth inequality has grown because the rich are becoming richer, and the middle class and poor persons wages are stagnant and are losing ground, not because of immigration, which is, another right wing talking point parroted in internet forums and blogs.

This link discusses wealth distribution and disparity.
Who Rules America: Wealth, Income, and Power

Daily chart: The rich get richer | The Economist

Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's the thing, though. It's not "my" conclusion. It's the CBO's and the OMB's conclusion. They very clearly report the federal government's revenue sources.
Yes, but my point was regarding your conclusion that those reports conflict with anything I have said. Or what you think I am saying or are in knowledge of in relation to those reports.

You simply are not understanding anything I am telling you.

Their reports are of course, their reports. Your statements are yours, not theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies