Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 04:16 PM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
How many people have lost their jobs, lost work hours, lost the health insurance, lost their doctor, or suffered monetary loss, all because of this ACA????
There's no question in my mind that our business has suffered because of it. None whatsoever.

Business fell off a cliff literally the day after the supreme court decision came down, and it hasn't fully recovered yet, and it got VERY slow after 10/1 and the exchange fiasco. Nobody's sure exactly what's going to happen with all of this, and when there's uncertainty in the business world, businesses stop spending money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2013, 04:26 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
There are many what ifs... How bout this one... What if the Republicans would have put forth a good candidate?
What if the Democrats had, as well? It doesn't seem to be much of a required criteria.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:28 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
That's very much possbly true. But we would be in deeper s***. While Obama is no good, at least it saved the nation from having Romney in office. Now, if the republican party could get its act together, and select a decent candidate, we wouldn't have been stuck with Obama.

Yet voter, those that actually did vote, thought Obama the lessor of two evils?

That's where the main blame lies.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:37 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
What if Obama won 2012 election based on health care lie? | Fox News Video

Exactly right. If he told the truth no way would he have gotten elected.
I have an equally interesting and useful question:

What would chairs look like if our knees bent backwards?

Old 11-14-2013, 04:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Now who is lying?

No one EVER said that the ACA would be government run. The fact that people still believe that there is an entity called "Obamacare" that one can sign up and receive health insurance from speaks to an ignorance that I find quite unfathomable.
What is truly ignorant are those who refuse to accept that Obama lied. Not just once but many many times. If people are misinformed about the ACA that disinformation started with Obama and the Dems. As it turns out they have been lying for at least 3 years.
Did you buy your insurance for the cost of a cable bill? Did you buy insurance for your family for about what a cell phone bill costs?
I have asked many times and no one seems to be able to answer the question. If the ACA is so great then why the need to lie about it? Why the need to mislead?
I don't know about you, but I have never felt the need to lie about good news.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:24 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
ETA: No disrespect to you Informed Consent but it seems like whining and entitlement to me in that people think they can have something for nothing. I have never had insurance where I can go anywhere I want and have a plethora of choices for care and I have had very good networks before especially with BCBS of GA and they had limited places I could go (WAY less than 16) in Ohio even though BCBS is in Ohio. So I think that many people are just looking to nit pick this program. It is not all that different from what we already have now or prior to 2010 when it went into affect. If someone is only paying $50 a month for a plan, they should not expect to be able to go to any and every hospital and think that that hospital will be in their network. That is ridiculous.
It has nothing to do with "going anywhere they want." It has EVERYTHING to do with having less access than they used to because provider networks have NARROWED under Obamacare.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:39 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It has nothing to do with "going anywhere they want." It has EVERYTHING to do with having less access than they used to because provider networks have NARROWED under Obamacare.
There's been numerous articles about this issue and they still choose to ignore it. They are like the kid that won't listen to you about the hot stove - they must experience it themselves to understand getting a burn.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
A large jet plane crashed on a farm in the middle of rural Kentucky. Panic stricken, the local sheriff mobilized and descended on the farm in force. By the time they got there, the aircraft was totally destroyed with only a burned hull left, smoldering in a tree line that bordered the farm.

The sheriff and his men entered the smoking mess but could find no remains of anyone. They spotted the farmer plowing a field not too far away as if nothing had happened. They hurried over to the man's tractor. "Hank," the sheriff yelled, panting and out of breath.

"Did you see this terrible accident happen?" "Yep. Sure did," the farmer mumbled unconcerned, cutting off the tractor's engine. Do you realize that is Air Force One, the airplane of the President of the United States?" "Yep." "Were there any survivors?" "Nope. They's all kilt straight out, "the farmer answered. "I done buried them all myself. Took me most of the morning." "President Obama is dead?" the sheriff asked. "Well," the farmer grumbled, restarting his tractor.
"He kept a-saying he wasn't . . . But you know how bad that sumbitch lies.
A little humor is in order....

Old 11-14-2013, 07:46 PM

229 posts, read 232,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I know one thing for sure 100%. If Romney, no matter what you think of him, had been elected, we would not be in this S---city right now. Romney promised he would repeal Obamacare if elected.
I agree with you. I think he would have led this country in the right direction and would have been a good President.

Old 11-14-2013, 08:12 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
What if both sides woke together towards a common goal? Now that's a "what if" I like thinking about.

We can't say thing were fine the way they were, we can't stop those from wanting to make things better from taking action, by we CAN muck everything up by causing a ruckus and guaranteeing that every change made is a bad one. Especially if "our side" isn't making it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies