Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 02:08 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,277,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well the government did quite the about face as well from disarming America to funding armed personnel in schools.
Yes. And it sucks. But apparently it's necessary because there are massacres every week now. Reality is what it is. We've been dealt this hand ... or at least allowed it to happen ... and since we can't disarm people, we all have to arm ourselves.

Freedom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 02:19 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,724,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
That is like say that WHEN I see a alien space craft circling my city and creatures hanging out I will believe in aliens. your right but I haven't.
Maybe you haven't but plenty of others have. Plenty of others have.
This is just a small sampling of what's going on in cities all around the US.
Now they've added ground troops to this training.

Mystery flights are special ops training exercise | Ocala.com
Army apologizes for buzzing helicopters above city in Washington state | Fox News
Mystery solved: Paratroopers training from Chinook helicopters over Cumberland County on Wednesday were from North Carolina | PennLive.com
Army National Guard conducts Chinook training in Hastings area | News 5 | News, Weather, Sports for Hastings | Kearney | Grand Island | Nebraska | Local News
Black Hawks Used In Military Training Exercise In Miami « CBS Miami

Old 08-26-2013, 02:20 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,107,252 times
Nor do I assume when I see a guy in a pickup truck in my area driving around with a firearm on back window rack that I he is headed to a school to do a mass shooting. Its really a common site.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Yes. And it sucks. But apparently it's necessary because there are massacres every week now. Reality is what it is. We've been dealt this hand ... or at least allowed it to happen ... and since we can't disarm people, we all have to arm ourselves.

Freedom.
You exaggerate in almost every comment you make.
Why do you think that is necessary ?

Old 08-26-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
You exaggerate in almost every comment you make.
Why do you think that is necessary ?
Oh please. Don't you read the news? Multiple (as in 3+) shootings are almost a daily occurrence.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Nor do I assume when I see a guy in a pickup truck in my area driving around with a firearm on back window rack that I he is headed to a school to do a mass shooting. Its really a common site.
Common here as well.
When I hear gunshots near dusk it's either target practice or they saw some feral hogs.
When I hear gunshots at night I hope they got that coyote.

It's shotgun shots that I hear, not rocket launchers taking off or submachine guns or AK's spitting off rounds.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Oh please. Don't you read the news? Multiple (as in 3+) shootings are almost a daily occurrence.
So 3 people constitute a massacre and it happens daily now.

My advice is to take your fearful self way up high in the mountains away from any humans and have no contact with them at all. Only then will you feel "safe".

Old 08-26-2013, 02:26 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,845,442 times
Quote:

You didnt use shootings you used massacres.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:33 PM

15,896 posts, read 12,030,825 times
Quote:
Common here as well.
When I hear gunshots near dusk it's either target practice or they saw some feral hogs.
When I hear gunshots at night I hope they got that coyote.

It's shotgun shots that I hear, not rocket launchers taking off or submachine guns or AK's spitting off rounds.
I live in an exurb of Cleveland. It's half suburban, half rural, and the shooting I hear is generally from hunters in the Fall, and there is a house up the street from my development where they own a ton of land, and do a lot of shooting for target practice. At least it's not for the same reasons that we hear shooting in the inner city.

Quote:

My advice is to take your fearful self way up high in the mountains away from any humans and have no contact with them at all. Only then will you feel "safe".
Ask jmqueen about all of the senseless violence in that goes on daily in inner cities where some of the gun laws tend to be the strictest. Why is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
You didnt use shootings you used massacres.
Moving the goal posts as usual.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:36 PM

Quote:

Heh heh. Is this the new NRA deflection technique? That's twice on this thread that someone has used it in response to me. Entertaining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies