Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 06:47 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,864,321 times

Advertisements

Zimmerman should not become a right wing hero. Here is a guy who has a history of violent and anti-social behavior. Accusations of domestic violence, accusations of molestation, and arrested and charged with battery on a police officer.

This is not a good guy. And it's very likely he will re-offend. I don't think the courts have seen the last of this punk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 06:52 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,684,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'd have no problem if all he did was watch him as he walked by.
What else did he do? I just reread the timeline and it appears that Zimmerman watched TM until he lost sight of him then was attacked by TM when he went to return to his truck and await the police. I have read nothing that indicated that anything Zimmerman did was out of line for a neighborhood watch. It is TM's actions that are out of line.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:13 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,864,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
What else did he do? I just reread the timeline and it appears that Zimmerman watched TM until he lost sight of him then was attacked by TM when he went to return to his truck and await the police. I have read nothing that indicated that anything Zimmerman did was out of line for a neighborhood watch. It is TM's actions that are out of line.
That's George Zimmerman's story. There's no evidence of it. I don't believe for a second that GZ was walking back to his car when TM attacked him.

GZ had a gun and he felt empowered by it.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:40 PM

38,723 posts, read 26,528,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Again, under Florida law there is no requirement to retreat. Martin ran in fear from Zimmerman initially... if he was worried that Zimmerman was still following him, he was well within his rights under Florida law to turn back and stand his ground when re-confronted by Zimmerman.

Turning back and standing are two different things.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:14 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,396,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleonidas View Post
The prosecution tried pretty hard to do that with Ms. Jeantel since an aggressor may not claim self-defense, but she proved to be a terrible witness for that purpose.

The prosecution didn't necessarily drop the ball, I think they just never held the ball.
Prosecution could have questioned the police investigators as to why they didn't query Zimmerman about how his "broken" steel flashlight (a weapon) got from his truck to the death scene, after having told them, since it was broken, he left it in his truck.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:27 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,396,328 times
My theory is that Zimmerman shined one of his flashlights into Trayvon's eyes, blinding him, and Trayvon knocked Zimmie down with a nose punch and then ring pummeled the Zimmer on the back of his head; that Zimmie then got up enough to grab his gun, and walked Trayvon backwards to the death scene, shot Trayvon while both standing, then commenced staging the ground battle for the benefit of witnesses becoming aware of the "scuffle".

Question: If Zimmie did surprise Trayvon with a flashlight beam to the eyes, do you think this would justify a self-defensive response from Trayvon?

Old 07-15-2013, 08:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,656,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. There simply was no evidence that Z was the assailant.
It's helpful when the only witness who can dispute what you say - is shot dead.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:37 PM

20,184 posts, read 23,948,078 times
Ignored by media: Zimmerman voted for Obama, tutored black kids - Wilmington Conservative | Examiner.com

Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,690,522 times
The prosecution should have presented the case from what they knew happened to Trayvon, not based on George's version of events.

The biggest mistake they made was presenting George's story twice in the videos. This sure showed why George thought he acted in self-defense, but it did nothing to show why Martin acted in self-defense.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 PM

20,184 posts, read 23,948,078 times
Its hard to claim self defense when only one person has no other injury other than a gunshot wound... What it does show is one aggressor...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies