Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:57 AM

79,910 posts, read 44,462,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
FOLLOWING SOMEONE IS NOT ILLEGAL!!! Drop this issue already.

DISOBEYING THE POLICE DISPATCHER FOR DOING SOMETHING PERFECTLY LEGAL IS TOTALLY WITHIN YOUR RIGHTS. Please drop this too.

Nobody in the world can order you to stop doing something that is perfectly legal! We are not slaves of anybody, certainly not of the police or the police dispatcher.
What Martin was doing was perfectly legal also but Zimmerman still decided he should intervene.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2013, 11:58 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,684,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
The bad thing is, Zimmerman is a known liar, he lied to the grand jury about his money, so how can you trust his version? The prosecutors should have slammed him for that.
Because the evidence fits his version. Because he passed a lie detector test. Because his version matches what a witness saw. We never just take someone at their word. Even people who normally tell the truth might lie if they thought their life was on the line. We look to see which version the evidence fits.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:00 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,501,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What Martin was doing was perfectly legal also but Zimmerman still decided he should intervene.
And? What Martin did NEXT was ILLEGAL and caused the entire fiasco.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:01 PM

26,691 posts, read 14,649,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Zimmerman's intervention is perfectly legal and he's within his right to intervene.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:03 PM

26,691 posts, read 14,649,916 times
Quote:
I agree, the prosecution on this case was horrible. It should have been fairly easy to paint Martin as the victim and Zimmerman as the assailant but they didn't and the jury had no choice but to let the Zimmerman go free. And now thanks to the prosecutors, he can even get his gun back.

Right, the justice is about paint people in different ways as you see fit.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:06 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,214,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Why would you confront your follower if you think he's that dangerous?
Actually, my bad. GZ came up to TM and asked him what he was doing there, STILL not seizing the perfect opportunity to identify himself as watch guy. There was a verbal confrontation AND GZ did say on video that he reached into his pocket, but we only heard the living guy's BS version of the events and most of them were lies to minimize the victim's lethal wound. He could not have held up to cross examination due to the obvious inconsistencies.

"I got out of my car to see the name of the street in the 3 block complex that I have been living in for 4 years which I patrol on a regular basis."

I'm done here, it's an insult and waste of time to my intelligence to argue this any further.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:08 PM

89,687 posts, read 45,353,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are ignoring the obvious. If someone suspects a person that was tailing them has a gun, they are going to jump all over them to stop them from using it.
Wow. No. That's an extremely foolish way to get shot. That clears the way for a perfectly legal self-defense shooting. People are legally allowed to use deadly force in self defense to stop such an attack.

Best course of action is evasive. Get to a safer place (public place, etc.) ASAP and call for help.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:13 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,629,363 times
Quote:
I agree, the prosecution on this case was horrible. It should have been fairly easy to paint Martin as the victim and Zimmerman as the assailant but they didn't and the jury had no choice but to let the Zimmerman go free. And now thanks to the prosecutors, he can even get his gun back.
You have to have evidence to make that claim and they didn't have it.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 PM

89,687 posts, read 45,353,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
ITA! Following someone is not a crime. Attacking someone who is following you is.

When I took self defense, I was taught to walk quickly to somewhere where I could get help if I was being followed. Turning around and attacking could be a death sentence.
Rational people know this.

I'm frankly stunned that so many people think it's okay to criminally assault and batter someone simply because they were being "followed." Where on earth is that line of thinking coming from?

Old 07-15-2013, 12:15 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,501,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wow. No. That's an extremely foolish way to get shot. That clears the way for a perfectly legal self-defense shooting. People are legally allowed to use deadly force in self defense to stop such an attack.

Best course of action is evasive. Get to a safer place (public place, etc.) ASAP and call for help.
These leftie's advice will only get more dummies killed. Jump on someone who has a gun? LMAO!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies