Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why Did Obama Change His Mind from 2007 About Wiretap?
He was always lying - just wanted the power for Dems. 20 52.63%
He found out the President is not really in charge. 11 28.95%
He meant it in 2007, but got power hungry. 6 15.79%
He found out we really need to do it to stay safe. 4 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 03:12 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,566,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
The intelligence gathering and deciphering community changed his mind, possibly.

I believe the people using this forum might agree that there are still people in the world who want to kill Americans, and we might also agree that we have some of those wanton killers in our population.

I give evidence of the Boston Marathon bombings, the FBI knew of these people? and let it happen?

Evidence my foot. The Boston bombings happened early May. This has been going on long before that!

Why confiscate the telephone records of 100 million American citizens in the USA if you're looking for suspected terrorists.

He can't even say the words, "war on terror". He refuses to call Maj. Nijal Hassan who killed 13 innocent people at Ft. Hood while screaming the name of Allah! And he's already collected $300,000 in military pay -- while there has been NO MONEY FOR THE VICTIMS subjected to "workplace violence".

O'Bummer and his thugs are turning the USA into a police state. Did you and/or anyone in your family fight or give the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom? Impeach the ess oh bee and "drain the swamp".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 03:16 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,031,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Simple.

People largely don't care if they get spied on and have their privacy violated, so long as it's not in your face. Heck, they don't particularly care even if it is very in your face and a gross violation of your personal space.

The political upsides (potentially preventing an attack) far outweigh the potential downsides (a few people sending angry letters demanding change).
You are correct. Everyone should be OUTRAGED at what the government is doing but instead sit there and say well as long as no terrorists attack us I'm fine with it. Boston happens and now most have forgotten about it. Ft. Hood was workplace violence. On and on. But.........but............but......AQ..........I am doing nothing wrong so who cares...........my shoes are a national security issue.........duh. Stupid people are the downfall of this country for sure. The elite of course know all this.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
The Boston bombings happened early May. This has been going on long before that!

Why confiscate the telephone records of 100 million American citizens if you're looking for suspected terrorists. He won't even say the words, "war on terror".

O'Bummer and his thugs are turning the USA into a police state. Did you and/or anyone in your family fight or give the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom? Impeach the ess oh bee and "drain the swamp".
The Boston boys were on the terrorist watch list. The government protecting you is a joke. Some folks find solace in thinking they are safe and will give up their rights for that feeling. Pathetic is what it is.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:21 PM

45,476 posts, read 60,707,289 times
He found out that being a candidate not having to make decisions is much easier than actually governing and being responsible for those decisions.

After 30 years in politics I've found that is a problem with all inexperienced people running for office who then go on to win.

Old 06-08-2013, 03:24 PM

29,608 posts, read 16,590,384 times
Who was wiretapped ?

Old 06-08-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Who was wiretapped ?
YOU are. I guess you missed that. LOL

Old 06-08-2013, 05:31 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,554,448 times
Surveillance in never about terrorists, that is the The Big Lie. It is about controlling the enemies of the state.

I guess I was duped because I although I disagree with Obama on just about everything, I thought he was sincere about the Civil Rights Issues. Sort of like Dennis Kucinich who is at least consistent in his principles.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:40 PM

I agree with you vergofa. Kucci is an idiot but he has my respect in the upmost. He stands on his beliefs and if everybody was like him this country would be far better off then we are now. I had a dem rep in my district ten years ago who was a loon from hell but he stood by his beliefs and I voted for him just because of that. Thankfully he lost. lol

Yes it's not about the terrorists. I remeber bin laden being the calling card way back in the eighties. That is all he is and was. He is the boogie man and now they need another because the great leader killed him or so they say. All to keep us safe is such a joke. Sick joke played on the population of fools who believe the nonsense.

Old 06-08-2013, 08:48 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,743,599 times
he told the sheep just what they wanted to hear and did the exact opposite..

Old 06-08-2013, 08:51 PM

BDS syndrome strikes again with the loons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies