Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2013, 10:26 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times

Advertisements

The IRS has a duty to verify any org is compliant with the 501c-4 rules. If not, then their funding source of people cannot get the tax exemption, which is why they wanted the names of donors. If it turns out the org does not comply, then those donors cannot hide the money the contribute for the non-community welfare activity from taxes. They would have to use some other loophole and there are plenty to choose from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2013, 10:27 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And now we are down to arguing for guilty before proving yourself innocent. I would quit digging if I was you.
That made no sense. These 501C tax exemptions are a sham. Most of those organizations are flat out lying to the IRS. They are politically motivated. Getting tax exempt status is not a constitutional right, it is not a civil liberty. Stop pretending that it is.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Did the IRS not admit they targeted conservative groups with Tea Party and other rightwing names ?
How is that not political in nature ?
Actually, the IRS has admitted that they targeted political groups with "tea party" and "patriot" in their names. Because their job is to investigate applications for tax-exempt status to weed out political organizations. The problem is that "tea party" and "patriot" tend to be names that conservative groups favor. The IRS employees were simply looking for political groups to investigate. Because that's their job.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That was the question.
Actually, no. That was a challenge. INDIVIDUALS weren't targeted. YOU said they were. I corrected your misinformation.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
For all you folks defending the IRS. Just remember that unless the Dems stage a coupe and take over there could be a Republican in the Oval office one day and leftwing groups could end up with this same "bad customer service".

Don't think it's not possible because if it's brushed away now it will set a precedent for being brushed away in the future.

Some are using this as a witch hunt against Obama and that's clouding what happened here.
Which is exactly why I haven't been defending the IRS. The IRS engaged in profiling, and they were wrong to do so. The employees, and anyone in management who had knowledge of the profiling but didn't stop it, should lose their jobs. And the managers should face greater punishment, though I don't know what could be done. Another poster suggested losing their government pensions. I don't know if that's on the table, though.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:34 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,160 times
Quote:
Didn't I post that this is what the headlines say today ?

Geeze..go read the impeachment threads. I'm not there with my pom poms hoping Obama gets impeached.
And for all these scandals I have posted that so far nothing illegal has been uncovered.

There's lots of people between Obama and the rogue IRS workers in Cincinnati, DC and CA.
Any one of them in between could have initiated this for whatever reason.
Until you find that person and they admit their motive all this is speculation on our part.
Yet, you are saying that a Democratic controlled IRS(whatever that means) targeted conservatives, you are assigning motive. Stop pretending otherwise.

You are truthful about one thing, nothing illegal has been uncovered in any of these incidents.

conservative elected officials are wasting time on nonsense for political theater, they know their base hates President Obama with a passion.

conservative elected officials also know they can't and don't want to do anything legislatively, so this is a mere distraction to that base, t

conservatives since President Obama was elected have hated this man, and conservative elected officials are drumming up these going no where scandals to say to conservative voters "hey we are finally going to reveal the real dark and scary President Obama and the American people will hate him like conservatives do and we will impeach him and possible throw him in jail".

Old 05-17-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
There was an individual I read about yesterday. He made a big donation.
And then got audited personally twice and his business got audited for several past years.

IRS Suspicion Widens: GOP Donors Question Audits - ABC News
That's suspicious, but it's a separate matter. And there may have been numerous red flags that prompted IRS audits of this individual. My boss gets audited every year. EVERY year. There are things about his taxes that provoke questions.

Old 05-17-2013, 10:38 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives since President Obama was elected have hated this man, and conservative elected officials are drumming up these going no where scandals to say to conservative voters "hey we are finally going to reveal the real dark and scary President Obama and the American people will hate him like conservatives do and we will impeach him and possible throw him in jail".
And how many years have you guys been screaming about the criminal Bush... 12 years now ?

Old 05-17-2013, 10:41 AM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times
When people (under oath) refuse to answer questions, and when people (under oath) use the excuse that they cannot remember - there is a 99.999% chance there is a cover-up. Covering-up is a conduct as evidence of a 'consciousness of guilt'. Think about that - GUILT!!! There will come a time when people will start talking and naming the names of the guilty parties. Obama will absolutely and without doubt be one of those names that is guilty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-17-2013, 10:41 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Something tells me (and I certainly hope I'm correct) that scumbag Obama can make plans to pack his bags long before his term ends.
Don't wet yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies